British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

1 minute ago, Aces51 said:

As has been explained Worrall has been on fire this year. His average this year from the two home meetings is 10.18, which is effectively 12/13 points from the 5 rides he would probably have had. R/r won't score 10 and will deny us the opportunity to use him in heat 15, it definitely weakens us. 

Etheridge in his only home meeting scored 4. The best Colt's rider is Smith but his average last year and his scores so far riding at reserve for Sheffield don't indicate he would score that many.

Early days mate, im sure that average will drop a bit as the season progress's

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The sample size is far too small to say that. If he had a high averge over 10-12 meetings then fair enough. But the 90th anniversry plus one league meeting are not enough to give a true average!

And too small to say his 7 point home average from last season is a truer reflection. 

2nd in the Open meeting (a star studded one at that) and top scoring on 13 plus 13+1 and one dropped point in the home match gives a much truer picture of his scoring capabilities at home so far this season.  Seems evident to anyone watching him that he looked to have taken a bit step up this year. 

Completely unreplaceable and RR is way to weakening. 

• Like 1

Its like saying James shanes is a world beater after scoring a maximum 15 at the begining of last season for Poole against Wolves. At least ten meetings needed to show a true average. A meaningless 90th anniversary meeting where riders are testing etc and one home meeting against Swindon are not a true reflection of a riders average.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Worralls home average at the end of last season was 6.55. Call it 7. So you are saying r/r won’t get 7?

Fricke will get 3. Tungate 2 or 3. Starke 1 or 2, Bewley 2 or 3. That’s at least 8, covering easily. 

I'd suggest current form is a better indicator, and he has been awesome at the NSS this season, whereas as good as Tungate can be round there he hasn't got going yet. No doubt whatsoever Worrall will be a big miss as he was the other night.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wanna swap places pal...

with what ? went to poole weds nothing  changed track is still a gaters Aces team !!! come back monday night around 9-30pm  :lol:

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

with what ? went to poole weds nothing  changed track is still a gaters Aces team !!! come back monday night around 9-30pm  :lol:

Get off my case re my spelling i think im entitled to make the odd mistake after what ive been through as i say, you are welcome to swap places... Nothing wrong with our track, Glyn did very well to get the meeting on given it was under water in the morning.  it will be far better when we get some settled weather and turns 1-2 bed in properly which they havnt really had a chance to do.. All its done down here is rain.

Kurtz 8.08

Josh 7.34

Sundstrom 7.75

Kildemand 9.00

Woryna 6.50

Scz 6.50

Shanes 2.95

Cook 8.45

Steve 5.80

Rohan 6.18

Starke 5.08

Max 7.39

Dan 4.59

???? 2.50

When applying the correct averages to the Poole team and factoring in our injury ravaged teams replacements an away victory is a forgone conclusion. A team totalling nearly fifty against a team in the thirties doesn’t make for a thrilling encounter but much like last week Poole can only beat what’s in front of them. 

Should be some good racing though and I’m sure I’ll stay till the end this time. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Get off my case re my spelling i think im entitled to make the odd mistake after what ive been through as i say, you are welcome to swap places... Nothing wrong with our track, Glyn did very well to get the meeting on given it was under water in the morning.  it will be far better when we get some settled weather and turns 1-2 bed in properly which they havnt really had a chance to do.. All its done down here is rain.

rain in gloriously sunny Poole never :lol: thought it only ever rained in the great CITY of Manchester :lol: ah well be great to watch some proper racing Monday at the NSS :rolleyes:  

45 minutes ago, ouch said:

Kurtz 8.08

Josh 7.34

Sundstrom 7.75

Kildemand 9.00

Woryna 6.50

Scz 6.50

Shanes 2.95

Cook 8.45

Steve 5.80

Rohan 6.18

Starke 5.08

Max 7.39

Dan 4.59

???? 2.50

When applying the correct averages to the Poole team and factoring in our injury ravaged teams replacements an away victory is a forgone conclusion. A team totalling nearly fifty against a team in the thirties doesn’t make for a thrilling encounter but much like last week Poole can only beat what’s in front of them. 

Should be some good racing though and I’m sure I’ll stay till the end this time. 

kildermand is not 9.00 otherwise he would not be allowed to cover holder !!

Edited by geoff58

38 minutes ago, ouch said:

Kurtz 8.08

Josh 7.34

Sundstrom 7.75

Kildemand 9.00

Woryna 6.50

Scz 6.50

Shanes 2.95

Cook 8.45

Steve 5.80

Rohan 6.18

Starke 5.08

Max 7.39

Dan 4.59

???? 2.50

Correct in your head but not anyone elses. Your missus keeps asking you if you have been taking your medication.:lol:

12 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

kildermand is not 9.00 otherwise he would not be allowed to cover holder !!

Would have been a 9 if starting the season like Piotr and Woffy tho.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its like saying James shanes is a world beater after scoring a maximum 15 at the begining of last season for Poole against Wolves. At least ten meetings needed to show a true average. A meaningless 90th anniversary meeting where riders are testing etc and one home meeting against Swindon are not a true reflection of a riders average.

If Kurtz was missing from your next home meeting and someone said " RR will get you 8.08 points " What would to say in reply ;)

Not the team would make it up.A proper reply.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Kurtz was missing from your next home meeting and someone said " RR will get you 8.08 points " What would to say in reply ;)

Swindon v Belle Vue 22/3/18

2. Steve Worrall - 1, 1, 1, 2 = 5
Yep. Worrall would have gone through the card at Poole.:lol:

And to answer your question, no problem as the others will score enough to bring us home.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice swerve ;)

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is because he was against Swindon ;)