British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

Difficult to judge about PK but I’d be surprised if he outscored what Holder would have done. 

Chris loves the NSS and it’s common knowledge he wanted to come here (get in line), well after joining up with his brother at Somerset. 

It was put to Mark at the dinner dance to give him a wide berth as to us he just wasn’t a “Belle Vue” type. Probably come back to bite us on the arse come play off time. 

Still win or lose we can have a laugh in the pits. 

Well I'm going for a home win. 47-43

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Well I'm going for a home win. 47-43

I said at the beginning of the thread that although Worrall's absence makes it more difficult we should still win by 4/6 points and I see no reason to change that, providing that Tungate has a decent night.

I am pretty much in agreement with that score. Early season, riders that haven’t seen the track. Close but a home win.

Why do people keep saying that Chris Holder is a former world champion so him being missing weakens Poole??

He was world champion in 2012 that’s 6 years ago now!! Riders regress over the years so him being a former world champion is irrelevant. Jarek Hampel was world number 2 in 2013 but he isn’t as good as that now. Holder has had an injury and the Darcy situation but he simply isn’t as good as he was or likely to be again.

Holder has achieved more than Kildemand in the sport and I doubt Kildemand will ever reach the heights Holder did but right now in 2018 Kildemand instead of Holder is at worst a like for like replacement 

• Like 1

I think Rohan Tungate holds the key to this match, or his bikes do anyway. A double figure score from him to back up the top 2 & the Aces win. 

Really looking forward to the battles between Fricke & Kurtz. Anyone who has watched them in action in Poland over the weekend will know they are in terrific form. 

Weather looks good, track should be in great nick, a classic awaits... 

7 minutes ago, mikec said:

I think Rohan Tungate holds the key to this match, or his bikes do anyway. A double figure score from him to back up the top 2 & the Aces win. 

Really looking forward to the battles between Fricke & Kurtz. Anyone who has watched them in action in Poland over the weekend will know they are in terrific form. 

Weather looks good, track should be in great nick, a classic awaits... 

Hope it doesnt rain in Manchester tomorrow. It was chucking it down earlier. The football reporters umbrella could hardly take it.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Hope it doesnt rain in Manchester tomorrow. It was chucking it down earlier. The football reporters umbrella could hardly take it.

Perfect for the track that rain. They will be watering it tomo morning 

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

Perfect for the track that rain. They will be watering it tomo morning 

I think it would have had quite enough by now. You just want to hope it doesnt do it again tomorrow. I would very much doubt they will be watering in the morning if the track got what i saw in manchester earlier.. your curator will spend the morning turning it over, then if it doesnt rain you might get away with a bowser late afternoon.

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think it would have had quite enough by now. You just want to hope it doesnt do it again tomorrow. I would very much doubt they will be watering in the morning if the track got what i saw in manchester earlier.. your curator will spend the morning turning it over, then if it doesnt rain you might get away with a bowser late afternoon.

I can tell you live 100s of miles away. Clearly you don't know the NSS. Plus this rain you say we got. I live not fair from NSS and we diddnt get the rain old Trafford got BTW. 

• Like 1

To echo Phil, they probably will be watering the track tomorrow. I don't live too far from the NSS either, had some rain for around an hour or so early evening. Mild, dry night at the moment, forecast for Monday is good, track will be mint tomorrow night Starman, fear not. 

51 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I can tell you live 100s of miles away. Clearly you don't know the NSS. Plus this rain you say we got. I live not fair from NSS and we diddnt get the rain old Trafford got BTW. 

Yes that was weird that. I was in a boozer 4 miles away and it was bone dry. 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Much better and is scoring well in the CL

Thought you said you can't judge form over a few meetings. Make your mind up. :P

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You really are stuck with saying the same thing over and over and over. Limited vocabulary? 

Just for you. Worrall scored five points at Swindon, who are weaker then Poole. How the hell do you honestly believe he would do better against us?

Your defence of the rider falls into the steve brum defending Dave Howe category. 

Steve Worralls a good little rider but will never be as good as the riders I mentioned earlier. IMO if that makes you happier.

How do you know how much Worrall will improve ?  are you that thick not to realise he has come up through from being in the third tier to where he is today.Certainly he is in the top three British riders possibly the best rider in the Championship and going by this year before his injury he had improved again.In one post you had King ( ok he won a British title a great achievement) Lambert in front of Worrall at this precise time he is in front of those two riders.Worrall before  his injury had upped his game and  he was not riding like a 6.6 rider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

How do you know how much Worrall will improve ?  are you that thick not to realise he has come up through from being in the third tier to where he is today.Certainly he is in the top three British riders possibly the best rider in the Championship and going by this year before his injury he had improved again.In one post you had King ( ok he won a British title a great achievement) Lambert in front of Worrall at this precise time he is in front of those two riders.Worrall before  his injury had upped his game and  he was not riding like a 6.6 rider.

Don't think worrall is far behind the rider's that ss mentioned in a earlier post .I believe he would have improved no end this season he may still improve if he is back sooner rather than later just my opinion