British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Since when has an away loss become unbeaten? :rolleyes:

sorry about that, was meant to say 4 points from 2 matches

• Like 1

I thought the Poles would love the NSS..They did their average, but I thought they would fly.

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Never knew Josh had dirty riding in him. Totally fence max in heat 15. Rode straight through him. 

Definitely a hard rider when he wants to be!

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So you talk out of your backside then as you were telling anyone who would listen how you would stuff Belle Vue and now against a weakened side your happy with a point and you wonder why everyone universally thinks your a prat.

So far the Poles have been flaky with some promise. Linus is certainly not up to Hans class at the moment and they have the unpredictable Holder returning to replace a rider doing his job.

worrying times

:rofl:

Maybe cos we were never in a winning position tonight Poole fans are happy with a point. BV could have easily stopped us getting anything. Oh you can do all the worrying for us Gavan and leave us Poole fans to enjoy the season.

40 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

unbeaten in two matches, enough said, roll on Wednesday, Poole v Swindon, Kurtz v Morris

Ah still going on about the Kurtz v Morris thing lol

Are you a child or just lacking in intelligence?

One more time , unless your not using the family brain cell, Morris averaged more than Kurtz in 2017. There you go hope that clears that debate up

Well that put to bed the nonsense that r/r for Stevie hadn,t weakened us, Stevie would have been in double figures considering how he was going, Tungate as I expected was a passenger, and Gappmaier did nothing. If I was a Poole fan id be gutted, should have taken us to the cleaners, I'm just happy to have won the meeting with a vastly under strength team.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

But if you say " Pitty Kildemand doesn't fancy a full season in the UK because he fits for Sundstrom "

And you then say "Well Sundstrom is the only one who could make way to accomdate PK because Noddy has to come back for sure. "  

Are you not saying Sundstrom should be sacked if Killer would do a season...? :rolleyes:

What I'm saying is this.

I'm not calling for Linus to be sacked or anything like that I'm saying if Kildemand has a change of heart and approaches Matt and tells him he now wants to do a full British season then I don't think we can drop him because he has been very good for us (won over 50% of his races)

Linus would be the only option to make way for Kildemand.

Its pretty clear to everyone in the Speedway world if you asked them which top 4 do you prefer everyone would say line a

B. Kurtz, Grajczonek, C. Holder & Kildemand 

or

B. Kurtz, Grajczonek, C. Holder & Sundstrom 

Well that points dropped for the Pirates against a pretty poor Belle Vue.  Nothing will ever become of that Bewley fellow.

• Like 1

Some close fast racing with a sprinkling of passes, not up to the usual NSS standard but nonetheless good entertainment.

Grajczonek and Kildemand the best of the bunch for Poole. The two Poles did enough to show they will outscore their artificial averages. Kurtz and Sundstrom were poor and Shanes had a bad night. But as others have said, it is early days and too much shouldn't be made of one disappointing performance.

Bewley was again very impressive, it's difficult to believe that it is only two years since his first competitive race. Fricke continued his good form and Cook was solid. Tungate was poor but did show some signs of improvement in his last two rides. Bjerre did as I expected and had a decent night but Worrall would have scored significantly more. Starke and Grappmaier  also scored less than Drozdz and Etheridge did against Swindon. Those claiming we wouldn't be weakened can now see just how wrong they were.

Overall, an excellent result for a weakened Aces team against the team expected by many to be dead certs for the title. 

• Like 2

For anyone interested the post meeting press conference is on the Belle Vue Speedway Facebook page. Already had over 1k views.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I didnt want hans back. Too much a journeyman Nowadays. Will have good and the bad. 

if you ride for us you can easily end up a journey man hire and fire i think  :D

Keep the faith Poole fans, it is a long season and things will improve for you. 

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Keep the faith Poole fans, it is a long season and things will improve for you. 

Correct. I wouldn’t let 2 average performances put Poole fans off just yet there’s room for improvement.

Just think of the team Poole could have had of the kept good young Brits like Howarth, Newman and Ellis.

Was looking forward to a match report 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

The main aim is for Poole to make those play-offs.  That's where the worrying starts for Poole fans, with their history.

A decent match last night. The scoreline kept it very interesting for the supporters. The racing was fast and close. Heat 9 was a corner with not a single pass. Could throw a blanket over all 4. 

Not sure what Josh was doing in heat 15 but you can't just ride straight through another rider like that. Very naughty and he's lucky max took it like a man. I know I wouldn't. 

Bewley terrific again. The kid is unbelievable for a person of his experience. 

Poor crowd I though. Shame to see on what should have been a tribute to belle vue legend Ivan mauger.