British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

5 hours ago, ray c said:

I will wait and see what this new chris holder will bring to the team cant see him any better than kildermand only time will tell ?

Defeatist attitude mate, you should be backing him not selling him down the river..

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

As i said Kildemand is scoring what Holder would do but Chris might get the others to raise their game. Holder will score 10's and 11's like Kildemand would do but if his knowledge helps others its better to have Holder than Kildemand

Spot on...

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

As far as James Shanes goes I think he has done his job, I am sure he will improve and he fights for every point which is why he is liked so much by most Poole fans. If he could gate more consistently then that would help too.

Give it time mate, he will.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Defeatist attitude mate, you should be backing him not selling him down the river..

It's what is known as opinion's which unfortunately you don't seem to grasp

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

It's what is known as opinion's which unfortunately you don't seem to grasp

I do, but you should back your own riders.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:11 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Never knew Josh had dirty riding in him. Totally fence max in heat 15. Rode straight through him. 

Just shows  you dont know everything  :D

5 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Just shows  you dont know everything  :D

Never claimed I did ;)

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I do, but you should back your own riders.

Where does it say I am not backing our own rider's if Chris back in after next week I will back him as a team member . I just find kildermand more exciting to watch .just my opinion 

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Poole have only really given Brits a chance because of the enforced ruling about using them at reserve. Shanes is only really in because his 2 point average fits. 

Poole have certainly not supported the likes of Howarth and Newman as assets by sacking them. Wolves took a chance on Howarth and are now reaping the benefit with his best ever season at both levels in 2017 and has started 2018 with a top flight paid maximum.

I'd rather ALL clubs looked after their Brits to help them progress. Some clubs obviously do so much better than others,  Belle Vue another great example.

But where do you draw the line? Newman rode with us for years and unfortunately he wasn't really making any progress. Don't get me wrong, I liked the lad and I was sad to see him go, but surely Brits should need to earn their position just like any other rider? Surely if the position is given to them purely for being British, where is the motivation to excel or push forward? Without that motivation it's just charity.

I know it's hard to be open minded when it comes to Brit's, but I just don't believe in gifting positions purely because they are British. I don't think it motivates them to succeed and I don't think it encourages them to be real sportsman. I do agree that they should be given a chance, but surely a season is a chance? 2 seasons? 3 seasons?

7 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

But where do you draw the line? Newman rode with us for years and unfortunately he wasn't really making any progress. Don't get me wrong, I liked the lad and I was sad to see him go, but surely Brits should need to earn their position just like any other rider? Surely if the position is given to them purely for being British, where is the motivation to excel or push forward? Without that motivation it's just charity.

I know it's hard to be open minded when it comes to Brit's, but I just don't believe in gifting positions purely because they are British. I don't think it motivates them to succeed and I don't think it encourages them to be real sportsman. I do agree that they should be given a chance, but surely a season is a chance? 2 seasons? 3 seasons?

I get what you are saying but its annoying for young Brits to be booted out for a foreigner on a similar average who isnt as good or the same.

Kyle Howarth was moved on for Mickey Dyer although that was a joint change.

Adam Ellis was more than capable of doing the job Jack Holder did.

And i wont have it that Newman isnt as good as MS in the uk

• Like 1

Maybe Kyle wanted to stay at Leicester so wasn't like we dropped him for a Pole. We dropped him for another Brit (last season) so you can take that one of your list!

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I get what you are saying but its annoying for young Brits to be booted out for a foreigner on a similar average who isnt as good or the same.

I think some of the reasons for the changes weren't always just to do with averages either although Howarth was and he was probably a victim of the circumstances at the time. Most Poole fans would like Newman back but there are personal issues and I think that at the time it was probably thought Jack Holder had more potential than Adam but we all make mistakes even Matt ford.

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Where does it say I am not backing our own rider's if Chris back in after next week I will back him as a team member . I just find kildermand more exciting to watch .just my opinion 

Thats your opinion, you clearly have a short memory of things and races Chris has produced. But has Kildemand been a world champion. NO.... did you back him at 20/1 when he won the British GP, NO.  I had a good little touch thanks, why, because i really had faith in him and what he could and can do.  Those that have knocked Chris will eat there words, believe me. Had you had to cope with his personal problems his injuries and other problems you would be running for the hills, Well, crawling anyway.. Im pleased you said you will back him as a team member when he returns, clearly, he's not your cup of T.

Edited by Starman2006

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats your opinion, you clearly have a short memory of things and races Chris has produced. But has Kildemand been a world champion. NO.... did you back him at 20/1 when he won the British GP, NO.  I had a good little touch thanks, why, because i really had faith in him and what he could and can do.  Those that have knocked Chris will eat there words, believe me. Had you had to cope with his personal problems his injuries and other problems you would be running for the hills, Well, crawling anyway.. Im pleased you said you will back him as a team member when he returns, clearly, he's not you cup of T.

I also backed him then at 20/1 but trouble is I have backed him many times since at Cardiff!

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Who's MS ? Clearly you are not a fan of Kyle's. If he stays injury free he could well finish on a 6 average.. Where's had he not been so unlucky with his injuries and nearly died of Sepsis he would have been banging around the 7 point mark. Who saw him more you or poole fans ?