British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How many titles have Belle vue won since the millenium? How many have Poole won?

Its a sport. In it to win it! If other clubs want to bring on thd young Brits good for them. But I would rather have our stuffed trophy cabinet full of league titles. 

Are you that naive  the sport as a whole has to prosper to make progress it is not all about one club  your club or mine Poole need clubs to race against your philosophy is as long as Poole do well  everything is rosy  no it is not   your club needs teams to race against and year by year that gets more difficult for most clubs.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How many titles have Belle vue won since the millenium? How many have Poole won?

Its a sport. In it to win it! If other clubs want to bring on thd young Brits good for them. But I would rather have our stuffed trophy cabinet full of league titles. 

Howarth is coming along quite nicely thanks, so glad Poole dropped him, afterall he helped us to put another trophy in the cabinet in 2016 whilst the highly fancied Poole team failed dismally.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Howarth is coming along quite nicely thanks, so glad Poole dropped him, afterall he helped us to put another trophy in the cabinet in 2016 whilst the highly fancied Poole team failed dismally.

Adam Ellis is progressing as well

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

But since Howarth left Poole we have one 2 titles? 

Wolves 1? 

I think he is a good rider but your argument has a flaw in it. 

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

But since Howarth left Poole we have one 2 titles? 

Wolves 1? 

I think he is a good rider but your argument has a flaw in it. 

One or two titles, make your mind up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

One or two titles, make your mind up.

He said we have won 2 and Wolves 1..

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And the very reason why no Brit with any real ambition would want to sign for Poole. Short term trophy goals are all that matters. 

When we do have riders ready and able to challenge on the World Stage again if will be because of teams like Belle Vue, Wolves and Swindon who look long term at the future of the sport in the UK and on the world stage. Thank god there are clubs that stand by their Brits. Long may that continue. 

Is it any coincidence that 2 of those clubs have been crowned league champions the past 2 seasons? ? Just saying. ;)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Adam Ellis is progressing as well

Fair play to Rosco his record with riders over the years is  very  good  well more than good.   I  like  Adam never been so convinced of him as Rosco but liked him at Ipswich/Lakeside also has done very well for the Robins a few unlucky crashes along the way  has hampered him a bit. He now can kick on  also I want him to be a big player in the Championship he is well capable of being in the top 20 riders of that league and that is being negative he could even be higher than that.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally wrong   how many average foreigners have Poole employed over the years quite a few.You need to look LONGTERM Belle Vue have proved it can be done have faith in the Brits your side on the other hand only employed Brits if they fitted in with the averages Starke, Newman, Howarth,Ellis  all treated shabbily.

Not forgetting Rye House who wait until they are near retirement age :wink:

• Like 1

Possibly the best race of the night and no passing. Could have done a dozen laps and the riding order would have remained the same.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Possibly the best race of the night and no passing. Could have done a dozen laps and the riding order would have remained the same.

I'd settle for 15 of them races 

But it wasn’t like that. That was possibly the closest race. Hardly any passing at all, just like Poole on Wednesday. Perhaps they should have shown Worynas move on Bjerre. A better race but of course a Poole 5-1.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But it wasn’t like that. That was possibly the closest race. Hardly any passing at all, just like Poole on Wednesday. Perhaps they should have shown Worynas move on Bjerre. A better race but of course a Poole 5-1.

I don't think any club would show a race that was a 1-5.. Can't knock em for that ;)

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think any club would show a race that was a 1-5.. Can't knock em for that ;)

The video is from the Speedway GB website. As SS said, "probably the best race of night" and it was of course won by a Poole rider but then 10 minutes later he had second thoughts and said a different race was "a better race" but suggested there was some sort of bias in not showing it. That's the first time I've heard the BSPA being accused of bias against Poole. :D

• Like 1