British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh CS 14/04/18 7:00pm

Workington Comets hope to get there season under way against the Edinburgh Monarchs, the Comets will have a guest (Bradley Wilson-Dean) in place of Mason Campton who has been injured whilst practising (broken wrist in four places).

The weather forecast at the moment looks favourable.

The Monarchs have a decent side and track former Comets Ricky Wells and Matt Williamson along with the potent Riss brothers. 

Edited by topaz325

23 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Workington Comets hope to get there season under way against the Edinburgh Monarchs, the Comets will have a guest (Bradley Wilson-Dean) in place of Mason Campton who has been injured whilst practising (broken wrist in four places).

The weather forecast at the moment looks favourable.

The Monarchs have a decent side and track former Comets Ricky Wells and Matt Williamson along with the potent Riss brothers. 

while we have the dynamic dan bewley , the biggest thing since garlic bread  and one of the brightest  kids around , if not the best in kyle B ...  ty proctor , very useful .rasser good number 2 . knicko klindt just waiting to shine  and not forgetting  rene ( i want more dirt ) bach. 

+ a guest who likes our track .  

hope the cafe is sorted out . 

no internet in edinburgh eh ? 

too tight to start their own thread lol .

Edited by jenga

Morning all..... there’s a strange yellow thing in the sky over East Lothian and it’s a lovely day!!!  I hope it extends to Workington as we’ll be on our way later..... via the chippy of course (think it’s called John’s Plaice)

I’m keen to see our new guys in action but any speedway action will do. Hoping Joel has fully recovered

Safe meeting for all

so , last weeks team was wrong , yet still advertised as , AT FULL STRENGTH ! promoters wonder why they are not trusted these days when they constantly feed us bill shot all the time . not just workington past n present . but all the promoters in both leagues .

we have got 2 great guests in Charlie boy  and B.W.D. should be a good meeting and more importantly , it should be on . 

not going to caff . pipes need to be run a loooong time to clear the dishwater out. 2 weeks standing  water will not make good  tea etc .

speedway really does need to start late April , May to give it a chance of attracting good crowds .

still love the sport , but its starting to get a bit nip n tuck !

no comment on the weather at the moment , i will leave that for someone else .

Edited by jenga
cos a can , o reet !

Geoff

I think u owe the management an apology...the news about Ty being replaced by Charles Wright was posted on their official site at 1016hrs...20 mins BEFORE your remarks !!

• Like 2

So still no ty, bad news for the monarchs as Charles Wright guests which actually makes us stronger. 

Dry day an finally some speedway 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Geoff

I think u owe the management an apology...the news about Ty being replaced by Charles Wright was posted on their official site at 1016hrs...20 mins BEFORE your remarks !!

I was talking about the last 2 weeks and has been said by others a full team was advertised last week and no mention on fri at edinburgh had it been on.i have all respect for laura and team but fans need to be kept up todate .

way too much tech to keep the public informed . still supporting speedway in Workington @ all times . %100 commitment in going through that entrance fiasco every week . 

Fancied our chances tonight to nick a win but with wright now in making the comets a great deal stronger. Good luck to the boys tonight anyway.

On the whole Proctor situation, how can a rider be declared in a teams 1-7 even though he doesn’t have clearance to ride in the country and a guest be allowed to take his place. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

On the whole Proctor situation, how can a rider be declared in a teams 1-7 even though he doesn’t have clearance to ride in the country and a guest be allowed to take his place. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I remember a team quoting a rider in their 1-7 knowing that the rider didn't qualify.

Just now, Tsunami said:

I remember a team quoting a rider in their 1-7 knowing that the rider didn't qualify.

While waiting on the appeal to be heard. 

Seems those in charge just pick and choose when they are going to apply the rules.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

He has a visa, he needs some bit of paper to go with it to allow him to ride in our league. He had got the same to ride for Kings Lynn before the Meet the Riders night and expected to to receive clearance to ride in our league in the next few days. Anyway he turned up for P&P so that must count....lol

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1