British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh CS 14/04/18 7:00pm

Ty applied for both papers needed for the 2 leagues before the season started he recieved his Premiership papers in March and was expecting his Championship papers to come at the same time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Stupid rules or not rules are rules, personally find it ridiculous that Proctor and Workington haven’t got his visa sorted yet it’s April.

ty has his visa in place, just need a certain bit of paperwork to go with it . its people in lower places that are slowing the process down . 

riding under protest, wonder who thought that wording up ? i bet it was that mikehunter !

Edited by jenga
just winding up the ocks !
  • Like 1

What type of protest were they riding under.

Did they have placards attached to there bikes saying we are protesting.

Ffs ride or dont ride simple not say we will ride but have a good whinge about it in the process.

But thats Edinburgh for you they Whinge more than my b*tch sorry meant to say wife for any female viewers looking in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not a bad meeting good result for comets, meeting flowed well not a bad atmosphere also not a bad crowd, some poor racing no outside lines for passing IMO, need to sign BWD before someone else does, think we are gonna struggle in heats 13 + 15 at home and away, got beat 3 - 9 tonight but won heats 8 + 14 10 -2. A big concern for me and other fans I talked too is our next meeting is 3 weeks away, then a further gap of 2 weeks,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

What type of protest were they riding under.

Did they have placards attached to there bikes saying we are protesting.

Ffs ride or dont ride simple not say we will ride but have a good whinge about it in the process.

But thats Edinburgh for you they Whinge more than my b*tch sorry meant to say wife for any female viewers looking in.

i think it was something to do with the wait for tea/coffee and limp chips !

on the other hand it could have been something to do with the guest for ty . i think charles had a higher average than ty. but maybe the extra %age for a home rider had something to do with it , who knows .not a bad meeting  , but need more water down on the track as it dried out pretty quick . 

eric was brilliant, carried on from last time he was down . lower end rider for monarchs needed to come alive .  worky were worthy winners and for 2 teams that are not fancied this year  , they entertained . cafe was not busy . once bitten , twice shy .

ricky outstanding as was rasser .. when worky all click , it will be a good side .

3 week wait now  jeez , wonder how many fans speedway will lose in that time . 

it has to be a summer sport . no need for this long drawn out stuff .

car park is a joke now  . they have lost a lot of parking area t.b.h.

I'd have thought it's common sense to allow a guest when the situation is out of the rider and club's control. Not sure teams riding under protest does the sport any good to be honest. 

• Like 2

You cant ride under protest re a team line up

The protest has to be made in the days before hand and the decision is then final

Some good racing from both teams - Ricky and the Riss brothers are always good value around DP.

Rasmus was our top performer, very sharp out of the gate and very smooth - early days I know but can see him pushing for the number 1 jacket soon.

With regards to the 'under protest' quote, why say anything, just get on and race.

If we have to watch NL league riders trundle around again this year then that's it for me.

Liked the updaters comment from the other forum regarding Matt, he is still a useful mobile road block.

Special thanks to BWD, who was a very committed guest.

Oh, my cheeseburger from the purple box was very good - not exactly fast or well organised, but very tasty.

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Stupid rules or not rules are rules, personally find it ridiculous that Proctor and Workington haven’t got his visa sorted yet it’s April.

not sure if proctor is the last to get cleared 

but theres been plenty in same position inclueding the mighty poole and chris holder 

as far as were told the visa is in place its some document to back it up 

totaly stupid 

Without knowing the law and how visas work, shouldn’t proctor of sorted this out months ago? 

• Like 2

Regards the Ty Proctor thingy. It just goes to show the stupidity of the whole thing, when a rider can ride in one league, but not another!

• Like 2

I think if a sponsor (employer) brings someone in on an employment visa it allows that person to work for them ... it doesn't automatically mean they can work for other employers. I'm guessing that's the issue ... but I thought it was Workington who brought in Ty?

A very enjoyable meeting , a decent crowd and a great over Edinburgh . A few iffy starts , Erik Riss loves a roll and Ricky making his usual flyers but got away with it . The score flattered Edinburgh for me , Wells and Riss are keeping this team afloat , so when Edinburgh meet with the likes of Ippo, Glasgow, Sheffield with a really strong No.1 they going need the rest of the team to come to the races or they could struggle. Our boys all played their part , Rene struggled with his starts but it’s early days  , Rasmus was brilliant. The other lads all chipped in too, Nikolai,Dan . I think we would have been better with our own no.3, Ty, Charles was the usual guest , can’t see him riding the same when Sheffield come to Worky. Young Kyle Bickley is on the pace , once he builds his confidence , he will be fine at this level , learning all the time . BWD a fab guest let’s hope he’s covering Mason on more than this occasion 

All in all its great to be back !

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You cant ride under protest re a team line up

The protest has to be made in the days before hand and the decision is then final

Thats a bit difficult when the team that cause the protest don't mention the issue until the day of the meeting though?

Edited by MonarchsMitchy
  • Like 1