British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh CS 14/04/18 7:00pm

38 minutes ago, MonarchsMitchy said:

Thats a bit difficult when the team that cause the protest don't mention the issue until the day of the meeting though?

Regs have provision for that to make immediate ruling on the day - again with that decision being final

Once the meeting starts any protest over team make up is over and cannot be challenged again

12 hours ago, Neila said:

A big concern for me and other fans I talked too is our next meeting is 3 weeks away, then a further gap of 2 weeks,

That's just farcical. If it rains for the meeting in 3 weeks time it means your fans won't have seen speedway for 6 weeks! Whatever the problems, rationing the sport is not the answer.

• Like 2

Great to see some more speedway after the crap weather and great to see a huge reduction in tractor racing at Worky

Top marks for Ricky. Erik was superb but he cost us dearly with his 2 min X in ht 9.  Rene was naughty in ht 13 leaving Erik nowhere to go on the final bends 3/4, Erik was lucky to stay aboard

We can be happy with an away point. The 2 new guys scored 3 each and we have to give them time to settle. Josh seems to have some problems but will sort them out. Matt did well but was hard on BWD coming out of b2L1 ht 14 and a great effort from BWD to (1) stay aboard (2) get in front thereafter..... impressive

Congrats to Worky - Jensen was very impressive and points from 1-7

Highlight for me has to be seeing baby Cook!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Like 1

I thought rene rode a captains race in ht 13  sure mr riss would have done the same the throttle works both ways !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Without knowing the law and how visas work, shouldn’t proctor of sorted this out months ago? 

Exactly, he signed before Christmas I believe so god knows what he and Workington have been doing since then. 

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Exactly, he signed before Christmas I believe so god knows what he and Workington have been doing since then. 

I doubt it has anything to do with Ty, Workington or speedway in a whole.   The home office lately have been diabolical in the handling of visa's of all categories, mainly due to most visa's are now processed in Sheffield. In the past, those applying to settle, visit and work in the UK would of applied at the local British embassy of origin, not anymore. I know people who have been waiting months for visa's, some are now on unpaid leave as they are still waiting for their visa to be renewed, yet they a re here legally. One friend I know applied for a settlement visa for his wife,  their application was recieved on the 27th October, it took till the 15th Febuary before they got the visa, 16 weeks. 

You are only allowed to apply 3 months prior to employment and its actually been taking over 3 months for some work permits to be approved.

Edited by Gismo

57 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

the hold up has nothing to do with ty or workington 

just like others that are waiting for documents to be returned by the departments that are hllding things up

55 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Didn't it occur to you that the UK border agency might be at fault here.

Thing is you don't know why , how can you point the finger at anyone, you lost get over it s* it happens.

• Like 3

easy people , its been a good review so far . dont spoil it with east and west fighting talk (txt)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Neila said:

A big concern for me and other fans I talked too is our next meeting is 3 weeks away, then a further gap of 2 weeks,

Surely Glasgow will fill one of these blank fixtures with the recent rain off.

1 hour ago, MD said:

if only it was that easy . oh wait , it is !

1 hour ago, MD said:

that would be my thinking aswell 

but if bomber going poland on the saturday they wont come 

probably wait till workington got riders missing before accepting a date 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Didn't it occur to you that the UK border agency might be at fault here.

Thing is you don't know why , how can you point the finger at anyone, you lost get over it s* it happens.

Nothing to do with the loss, sounds like we didn’t de serve to win it’s more the rules not being applied.

The club are I’m led to believe are appealing on the fact that Proctor who currently isn’t allowed to ride in the UK and shouldn’t be declared in a teams 1-7. Meaning that a guest shouldn’t have been allowed and a NL guest should’ve took his place. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nothing to do with the loss, sounds like we didn’t de serve to win it’s more the rules not being applied.

The club are I’m led to believe are appealing on the fact that Proctor who currently isn’t allowed to ride in the UK and shouldn’t be declared in a teams 1-7. Meaning that a guest shouldn’t have been allowed and a NL guest should’ve took his place. 

Why ride in the first place if that is the case , if Edinburgh had won last night would they still be whingeing about this and appealing, you can bet your bottom dollar the answer would be no.

They rode the match thinking lets see how this goes lost the match then started the appeal talk.

Workington should be sitting back laughing at this p*ss poor effort to overturn a result it makes you look very petty.