British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh CS 14/04/18 7:00pm

I saw ages before the meeting started that it was being appealed. 

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Why ride in the first place if that is the case , if Edinburgh had won last night would they still be whingeing about this and appealing, you can bet your bottom dollar the answer would be no.

They rode the match thinking lets see how this goes lost the match then started the appeal talk.

Workington should be sitting back laughing at this p*ss poor effort to overturn a result it makes you look very petty.

The appeal has to be made before the meeting, but okay.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nothing to do with the loss, sounds like we didn’t de serve to win it’s more the rules not being applied.

The club are I’m led to believe are appealing on the fact that Proctor who currently isn’t allowed to ride in the UK and shouldn’t be declared in a teams 1-7. Meaning that a guest shouldn’t have been allowed and a NL guest should’ve took his place. 

WRONG BLOBBY . PROCTOR IS ALLOWED TO RIDE IN THE UK . get your facts right . 

and also if proctor is not allowed to ride in the uk . how come workington could/should have had a N.L. guest for someone that is not allowed in a teams 1/7 . 

riddle me that !

Edited by jenga
its sunday , i am bored .
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

WRONG BLOBBY . PROCTOR IS ALLOWED TO RIDE IN THE UK . get your facts right . 

CURRENTLY I said jenga my friend 

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

but he IS riding for kings lynn in the so called bigger league . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You need to be worrying more about the rest of your team , bar , Wells and Riss the others pretty average !

Ty is allowed to ride in the UK, he’s riding for Kings Lynn , I’m sure Tony Jackson would have looked into the rules of 2018 before getting the guest in , riding under protest ... yawn ! 

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

that would be my thinking aswell 

but if bomber going poland on the saturday they wont come 

probably wait till workington got riders missing before accepting a date 

Solution there is don't offer a date you have riders missing simples.

6 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

You need to be worrying more about the rest of your team , bar , Wells and Riss the others pretty average !

Ty is allowed to ride in the UK, he’s riding for Kings Lynn , I’m sure Tony Jackson would have looked into the rules of 2018 before getting the guest in , riding under protest ... yawn ! 

Our team will do just fine thanks for your concern though 

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Our team will do just fine thanks for your concern though 

I’m not concerned but you should be ... we will see 

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Why ride in the first place if that is the case , if Edinburgh had won last night would they still be whingeing about this and appealing, you can bet your bottom dollar the answer would be no.

They rode the match thinking lets see how this goes lost the match then started the appeal talk.

Workington should be sitting back laughing at this p*ss poor effort to overturn a result it makes you look very petty.

100% incorrect.

The appeal has to and was placed prior to the start of the match as per the procedures for this kind of thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MD said:

Surely Glasgow will fill one of these blank fixtures with the recent rain off.

Heard Glasgow had be offered the chance to return to Derwent park the next 2 reserved dates ie the next 2 weekends but decided not to come for whatever reason, at this rate it is gonna be like last year running early season trophy matches at the end of season, what is the point of having reserved fixtures for rain offs if no one what's to come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Solution there is don't offer a date you have riders missing simples.

but we all know what happened in the past workington bend over backwards to acomodate others 

and get shaffted by others when it suits others 

• Like 1

edinburgh get beat by one of the so called poorer  teams in the league and then they start looking as how they can justify the loss to their  supporters .

(oops, seems i have missed the capital E off ) 

maybe it something to do with the fact that ty rode for workington last season . at the moment its all bullshot from scotland ! (no big S on that one either .

i once rode under protest, she made me do it !

Edited by jenga

15 hours ago, gmuncie said:

100% incorrect.

The appeal has to and was placed prior to the start of the match as per the procedures for this kind of thing.

So that makes it right was taking part in the meeting knowing what happened in it maybe make the result irrelevant does that make it right, also as I say if Edinburgh had won how would the appeal go then.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

So that makes it right was taking part in the meeting knowing what happened in it maybe make the result irrelevant does that make it right, also as I say if Edinburgh had have won how would the appeal go then.

What would you have suggested as the other course of action then?

Refuse to ride wasting the time of all who had made the effort to arrange to travel and costing Workington a call off they can’t afford? 

The outcome of the meeting has no bearing on the appeal if the Monarchs won they would have carried on with it as quite frankly answers are required as to why a Workington have been allowed to declare an inelligible 1-7. 

Edited by gmuncie
  • Like 1