British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Edinburgh CS 14/04/18 7:00pm

If Worky's line up was illegal it would be utterly ridiculous as the missing piece of paperwork is down to the relevant authorities and no fault of rider or club. What good would it do speedway to have Proctor replaced by an NL rider? 

IF the rule is there it has to be enforced but in this case the law would be a complete ass.

Edited by Bagpuss

But he is not ineligible Proctor has his visa and cleared to ride in the other league, going by what is being said here there has been a hold up with other paperwork hardly Workington's fault.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

But he is not ineligible Proctor has his visa and cleared to ride in the other league, going by what is being said here there has been a hold up with other paperwork hardly Workington's fault.

What I don't understand is if BSPA and ACU control British speedway,how can he be eligible in 1 league but not the other. .I know there are different Tiers regarding employment but surely his paperwork would cover these situations and he would be told what the position is regarding his application at the same time .Strange IMO . 

Redcar had a rider in their team who was in the same position as ty . Redcar signed him but were unable to use him due to the same paperwork issue . does that make Redcars team illegal as well . think holder is having the same probs as well . Poole not playing by the rules , surely not !

• Like 1

Poole signed a rider until Holders paperwork was cleared what Workington should have done. Last week he was declared  to ride against Glasgow twice still no paperwork a week later  [first time I have agreed with Mr Blobby ] got a visit to the doctors sorted

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MANSE said:

Poole signed a rider until Holders paperwork was cleared what Workington should have done. Last week he was declared  to ride against Glasgow twice still no paperwork a week later  [first time I have agreed Mr Blobby ] got a visit to the doctors sorted

Is there a rule that says you have to sign another rider, or can you use a guest though.Maybe you can do either!

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, shazza13 said:

The facility for an absent rider 1-3 by match average is a guest or R/R this is a 2018 rule change:D

Possibly this is the rule change for 2018

4 hours ago, gmuncie said:

quite frankly answers are required as to why a Workington have been allowed to declare an intelligible 1-7. 

Makes it easier for the riders to communicate with fans.

Edit: Apologies, gmuncie, couldn't resist!

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, jenga said:

so , last weeks team was wrong , yet still advertised as , AT FULL STRENGTH ! promoters wonder why they are not trusted these days when they constantly feed us bill shot all the time . not just workington past n present . but all the promoters in both leagues .

we have got 2 great guests in Charlie boy  and B.W.D. should be a good meeting and more importantly , it should be on . 

not going to caff . pipes need to be run a loooong time to clear the dishwater out. 2 weeks standing  water will not make good  tea etc .

speedway really does need to start late April , May to give it a chance of attracting good crowds .

still love the sport , but its starting to get a bit nip n tuck !

no comment on the weather at the moment , i will leave that for someone else .

From where do you get your bum information?

• Like 2

of course i do L . i support speedway @ workington all the time  . but the number of people that were ,how do i say this ? , were almost unhealthy  from certain outlets was quite a lot. 

i hope things have been put right and will support this cafe as much as i can . there is nothing better than a good cuppa , chips n burger to make going to speedway a brilliant night out .

on a final note . i had my youngest with me all the way from Hull. he asked for something to eat and drink . being a cold night . we all trundled around to the cafe  . but as we all know now . things were not going according to plan . we came away dissapointed, no food and missed 4/5 heats of racing due to something or other .

will we be back OF COURSE WE WILL  .its a great sport, but we need more water on the track for grip !

always,,always, ALWAYS supporting a great sport @ workington . i go , i moan . but i love it . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jenga said:

of course i do L . i support speedway @ workington all the time  . but the number of people that were ,how do i say this ? , were almost unhealthy  from certain outlets was quite a lot. 

i hope things have been put right and will support this cafe as much as i can . there is nothing better than a good cuppa , chips n burger to make going to speedway a brilliant night out .

on a final note . i had my youngest with me all the way from Hull. he asked for something to eat and drink . being a cold night . we all trundled around to the cafe  . but as we all know now . things were not going according to plan . we came away dissapointed, no food and missed 4/5 heats of racing due to something or other .

will we be back OF COURSE WE WILL  .its a great sport, but we need more water on the track for grip !

always,,always, ALWAYS supporting a great sport @ workington . i go , i moan . but i love it . 

I've never known someone to be so concerned about food at a speedway meeting.

23 hours ago, Neila said:

Heard Glasgow had be offered the chance to return to Derwent park the next 2 reserved dates ie the next 2 weekends but decided not to come for whatever reason, at this rate it is gonna be like last year running early season trophy matches at the end of season, what is the point of having reserved fixtures for rain offs if no one what's to come.

id think this will be re run on a weekend when bomber isnt in poland 

4 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

I've never known someone to be so concerned about food at a speedway meeting.

i take it you dont care what you eat .

eat shot and die !

12 hours ago, jenga said:

i take it you dont care what you eat .

eat shot and die !

If I did I certainly wouldn’t eat at Speedway tracks! 

If there wasn’t any food on offer I wouldn’t give it a second’s thought to be honest. I’m there to watch racing not have my dinner.