British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Workington CS 13/4/18 @7.30pm

So we hope to get our competitive season under way tomorrow night against a solid looking Comets side. Won’t be an easy one for the boys but can see us winning by around 10/12 points. 

Teams for Friday:

Edinburgh 

1. Ricky Wells 

2. Max Ruml 

3. Mark Riss 

4. Joel Andersson 

5. Erik Riss 

6. Matt Williamson 

7. Josh Pickering 

Workington

1. Rene Bach 

2. Rasmus Jensen 

3. Ty Proctor 

4. Dan Bewley 

5. Nicolai Klindt 

6. Kyle Bickley 

7. Bradley Wilson Dean 

Edited by Mr Blobby

Think you need to change the date on your thread headline 

Let’s hope the weather stays okay 42 rain offs already , unbelievable!! Making the trip up if my Bank Loan comes through .. bloody hell its an expensive night up there , entry fee , programme , think I’ll take a packed lunch and pinch a look at someone else’s programme .. lol !

Not sure why I put myself through going to the trick track in the league with massive home advantage but our boys are capable of keeping it close to finish the job back at DP on Saturday 

Good Luck boys 

Hard to tell how the Monarchs will perform as the 3/4 of Mark Riss & Joel Andersson appear to be the possible Achilles Heel, given their starting averages are both less than Worky's now injured Campton.

BDW could well be a potential matchwinner for the Comets, all of whom, apart from Bickley, have had more track time at Armadale than Ruml & Andersson, with the latter possibly still feeling the after effects of his horrendous ht 14 crash last Friday.

excuses coming in thick and fast now . if you dont beat one of the most un fancied trams in the championship , there is something wrong . when you do beat wucky , it will be a total surprise  , womt it ?

anyhow , is it not rained off yet ?

• Like 1

Rain due to go off by  noon latest  then  receeding  chance  of  rain  with cloud  all  day. 

Lets  avoid  another late  call off ....please.

Think  we  should  sign  Noah and  his  crew at this  stage...I`m getting  webbed  feet. 

Makes you  wonder  why  water  is not our  No1  export.......

• Like 2

Looking forward to this one. Always had a soft spot for Workington as my 'second team' since my early speedway days watching Schott/Carr vs Stonehewer/Stead at Armadale and Derwent Park. 

Fancy Edinburgh to win this but it will be closer than most expect I think. Max looked impressive last week, hopefully he can carry that on tonight but it will be a real test against a solid Comets side. Erik has had a scorching start to the season and we will need him and Ricky to be on form against potentially weaker Workington heat leaders. A lot also depends on the return from BWD at #7, hopefully Josh can keep him subdued.

I'll go Edinburgh 49-41 Workington

• Like 2

its going to be a short long season for some teams !

rained orff eh ! any old excuse lol .

Edited by jenga
phishing season .

I blame Corbyn for this bl**dy weather.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Are the weather gods trying to tell you something, Geoff? Like take up marbles? B)

Yacht racing perhaps 

• Haha 1

Time for a night in the pub tonight. Clearly a choice of 3 which all sponsor, (Staggs, Spylaw Tavern or Black Bull ). Might see some in Staggs.