British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

After so many postponement  lets hope at last we get the opportunity to go and watch Speedway.    The track looked in terrific condition last week for the Flat Track Racing, so 'hopefully we shouldn't have any problems come Wednesday when  Belle Vue are in town. The fact they have ridden this year, could be an advantage, but we have to hope the STARS are straining at the bit to get going after so many call-offs,  and that a close, exciting and victorious meeting pursues...

In my team prediction, I rated BV as one of the better teams, and together with their ability to ride our  track will make this a close affair.    My head says  46-44,  and my heart says  50-40.   But to be honest any score will do as long as we watch a good meeting on a good track,   and not a raindrop in sight.......:t:

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 1

Much depends on who replaces Worrall but this is a tough start for Lynn. There are going to be no easy home matches this year but we should be able to win more than we lose. Early indications are that the weather will be good, hallelujah.

Edited by Bagpuss

I think more will depend Baggy, on how the 'engine room' of the Kings Lynn fires, or otherwise.  Worrall for sure will be a big miss, but I see it will be more about TJ and TP that will determine the result.

Would'nt do any harm if the Lynn boys arrived early for a practice.

With the weather improving from tomorrow you can imagine there being a practice session or two between Monday morning and Wednesday evening.

Looking forward now to our first meeting.The weather is looking excellent for Wednesday.

Will Ty Proctor be available.He couldn't ride for Workington tonight as he is waiting for delivery of the final bit of paperwork to accompany his Visa which has already been approved.Hopefully it will be sorted as we need to really start our season with a full 1-7.Although it should have started a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Looking forward now to our first meeting.The weather is looking excellent for Wednesday.

Will Ty Proctor be available.He couldn't ride for Workington tonight as he is waiting for delivery of the final bit of paperwork to accompany his Visa which has already been approved.Hopefully it will be sorted as we need to really start our season with a full 1-7.Although it should have started a few weeks ago.

So, while I've been being positive and praising the promotion about listening to the fans, is what you're saying above the real reason for the postponements?

As proven in Poole's case with Holder a temporary replacement would have been required as no facilities would be granted. But at no point has Proctor's visa been mentioned before. 

Has the recent weather given the promotion a smoke screen and in fact meetings would have been postponed in sun drenched climates?

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, while I've been being positive and praising the promotion about listening to the fans, is what you're saying above the real reason for the postponements?

As proven in Poole's case with Holder a temporary replacement would have been required as no facilities would be granted. But at no point has Proctor's visa been mentioned before. 

Has the recent weather given the promotion a smoke screen and in fact meetings would have been postponed in sun drenched climates?

From what has been said elsewhere, Proctor has the correct paperwork to race in the Premiership, it's just the paperwork for the Championship that he is still waiting on.

Also worth noting that Workington DID get a guest facility for Proctor for their meeting tonight against Edinburgh...presumably because he DOES have a visa, it's some extra piece of documentation that is still missing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think you are adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5.   From what I have been told   Procter's  paperwork is in order and he  is clear to ride for Lynn in the top league.   The issue about his visa is connected with the 2nd division only.     So any postponement has had nothing to do with Proctor/Visa and is weather related only.....

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

From what has been said elsewhere, Proctor has the correct paperwork to race in the Premiership, it's just the paperwork for the Championship that he is still waiting on.

Also worth noting that Workington DID get a guest facility for Proctor for their meeting tonight against Edinburgh...presumably because he DOES have a visa, it's some extra piece of documentation that is still missing.

Thanks for clearing that one up 

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Stay positive,i was only quoting what was on the Workington website.It was obvious the postponements were down to the weather.

Thanks for clearing that up. For me the trust in the promotion is very fragile. 

Hope this meeting is enjoyable for everyone who attends, weather is set to be perfect so no excuses. 

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't think the postponements were just down to the weather must be very mistrustful of the Stars promotion.

Having just come by the stadium there is still some very large puddles,hopefully by Wednesday they will all be gone with the lovely temperatures we are meant to be getting.

18 hours ago, mrss said:

Anyone who doesn't think the postponements were just down to the weather must be very mistrustful of the Stars promotion.

Like everything in life trust is a very important,  it is a belief gained by experience, and knowledge.   Many supporters felt their opinions were  ignored last year and had  no value to the club at all.  We were lied too and treated like mushrooms.    So any mistrusting is of the Promotor doing.   No doubt these fans,  like me,  want this trust to come back and are prepared to give the club another chance,  but the club has to meet us half way and do their share as well.