British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

Seems a great idea.  Can see the track going slick rather quickly though

I think it should be open not only to home riders, but to the away riders as well, all except when Poole are visiting...:wink::D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

We shall see on Wednesday but I can see Mark Lemon the Aces team manager protesting and quite rightly. Unless it’s open to the visiting team hot laps won’t last very long . 

That would be a shame as it's added entertainment. I like you can see protests coming. Maybe 2 riders from each team doing hot laps would be fairer and far better than losing what in essence is a good idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Seems hot laps - 3 laps flying start against the clock - home riders ONLY - can see that going down well with visiting team manager 

That's better than i thought then.I like that idea.If it's been given the go ahead then the visiting team manager can't really say too much.All the visiting team managers can do,is do the same to Lynn when they are at their tracks.

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

That would be a shame as it's added entertainment. I like you can see protests coming. Maybe 2 riders from each team doing hot laps would be fairer and far better than losing what in essence is a good idea.

Don't think it's that much different to when Poole practiced before a meeting,just because it was done a few hours earlier does that make it any fairer?I don't know,but at least it looks like we are striving to go in the right direction.

All speedway in this country suffers from the VFM tag that it has always being labelled with.   Having additional laps, or better still, a couple of planned practice races would be a big hit with all clubs.   Anything extra would be an added bonus to the standard 15 heats format...

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

All speedway in this country suffers from the VFM tag that it has always being labelled with.   Having additional laps, or better still, a couple of planned practice races would be a big hit with all clubs.   Anything extra would be an added bonus to the standard 15 heats format...

As I said great idea in principle hot laps but has to be open for both teams if not totally unfair on the away side but would definitely add the VFM  if all 14 riders are involved. 

Before the meeting, which is why I suggested 2 riders from each team. That of course is if the opposition protests. If they don't there won't be a problem. 

Regarding Poole tellboy, their riders practised in the afternoons allowing quite a lot of track work to be done between times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Before the meeting from 7pm -after the meeting there would be no problem with apart from they’d be doing hot laps to an empty stadium. 

The place will be just as empty at 7pm surely? 

Also can see this being scrapped from the home promotion when (and it is when) they have a rider bang into fence from over trying. Imagine if it's Lambert or Iversen, the team then forced into R/R and we then get into the realm of more farce meetings.

Personally, for the benefit of the team these things would be better as an after meeting event.

Remembering when Rory had a testimonial , there was a fastest lap competition for the top riders.  If something like that could be initiated, it would add additional interest to the proceeding.. at very little expense 

It could be run over the whole season with a reward for the quickest....

NB  Wed match vs BV :     after Mondays performance against Poole, BV will be confident coming here.    This will not be easy and could go either way.    Both our top guns need to be firing big scores for us to stand a chance.     Its been a long wait  since last August to go to a meeting.     Cant Wait..... 

Edited by g13webb
NB added...

Looks like it's going to be 17 degrees for tapes up tomorrow evening, must be a record temperature for the first match of the season at Lynn :D

I think this will be 46-44 either way, and hoping for some better racing and an earlier finish for the benefit of everybody. Big opportunity for the club to make a good first impression of 2018.

Well with all this lovely weather we are having Buster's going to have to give the track a good old soaking:blink:.

On 16/04/2018 at 12:45 PM, Haza said:

Before the meeting from 7pm -after the meeting there would be no problem with apart from they’d be doing hot laps to an empty stadium. 

7.45pm first race is perfect......there are a lot of people that have to travel a fair distance to attend, 7.30pm start would stop me and my wife attending as we travel from boston but often don’t leave work until 6.15ish, as it would many others I suspect, is 15mins at the end of the night such a big deal ?

That is, when you have to get up and go to school the next day.  Appreciate you coming from Boston at a bad time of the day, but surely, you leaving 15 min earlier is not a big deal either....

My feelings are. Speedway needs to appeal to the families and to do that we have to promote a slick program eliminating hold ups and be finished early.    The families then can go home to get their youngster to bed.   Having additional junior races after the interval  will always go down well...... 

• Like 1

Get up for school in the morning Webbo?  You have got a bloody good memory :D