British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

Big night for King's Lynn tonight, IMO its more important for the evening to run smoothly than the result!

Entertaining races, on a well prepared track, with 2 full teams of riders, and races run promptly will get crowds coming back even if Stars lose...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mrss said:

Good forecast for tomorrow. Will the meeting start be delayed to let the fans in?

It better not be!  I expect we will get a sun delay anyway.

We had this discussion before. They should start on time,  otherwise the whole thing becomes a farce again.  If I can get there on time from Norwich, then others should also turn up on time. I appreciate that some people work late and such like, but to be brutal that's not my problem.  Image if football started late because Joe Bloggs was working overtime, or trains waited at platforms for late arrivals, or planes sat on runways.......etc....etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Big night for King's Lynn tonight, IMO its more important for the evening to run smoothly than the result!

Entertaining races, on a well prepared track, with 2 full teams of riders, and races run promptly will get crowds coming back even if Stars lose...

Being the first meeting of the season and therefore a bit more focus on it than a normal meeting, then I suspect it will be run a bit quicker than normal but as weeks pass by, it will slow down again. After all, just think of all those minutes of food and drink income poor old Chapman will lose if they actually get on with a meeting each week!

9 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

After all, just think of all those minutes of food and drink income poor old Chapman will lose if they actually get on with a meeting each week!

And just think of how much poor old Chapman will lose if another 100+ decide to walk away because meetings drag on and and fail to ignite excitement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Going for a KL victory. Tungate was poor again on Monday and if the same happens tonight then I don't see how BV can win. 

Same way as on Monday, by Max, Cookie, and DB picking up the slack. Away from home that is a much bigger ask though so, as usual in speedway, home win is the only prediction that makes sense. Fingers crossed we can pick something up.

Cant imagine BV going home empty handed.   Its bound to be a close match with the outcome decided by the results of heats 13 and 15...

Either way i shall be happy,   regardless of the score....    It seems like an eternity since we last went to a Speedway meeting....

Hope that he will now dispense with 50p surcharge on debit cards. He carried on with this even after it was in the process of being made illegal as the law was not yet in place.

Edited by wealdstone

Hope the Stars have had a practice, if not the Aces might have the edge, being sharper out of the starts.

Close one i reckon. Can't go as Grandson has a footy match starting at 6.15pm.

I think this one could go either way. I'm not sure how Lasse Bjerre usually goes at KL but I can't see him doing as well as Worrall. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Lambert could do better than Etheridge so we might gain an advantage there.

I just hope it's a close meeting with no delays and some good racing.

Think KL need to get off to a positive start this season after the shambolic 2017 season. Tough meeting but Kerr at reserve is the match winner imo. 

57 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope the Stars have had a practice, if not the Aces might have the edge, being sharper out of the starts.

Close one i reckon. Can't go as Grandson has a footy match starting at 6.15pm.

Would serve them right, if they do not let BV do the same, if they blow a couple of engines. 

26 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Would serve them right, if they do not let BV do the same, if they blow a couple of engines. 

If you read what Bald Bloke said,he hoped the Stars have had a practice.Nothing to do with the hot laps to which i am sure you are referring.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

If you read what Bald Bloke said,he hoped the Stars have had a practice.Nothing to do with the hot laps to which i am sure you are referring.

Thanks, I see that.  Yes i am referring to hot laps for one side only. 

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

And just think of how much poor old Chapman will lose if another 100+ decide to walk away because meetings drag on and and fail to ignite excitement.

Both home meetings at Workington this season have been far better as regards getting the meeting over with as little delay as possible, long may it continue

• Like 1