British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

KL did their ‘hot laps’, Belle Vue complained and said they wanted to go out too so Buster spat his dummy out and dumped loads of water down making the track like a skating rink.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

If you read what Bald Bloke said,he hoped the Stars have had a practice.Nothing to do with the hot laps to which i am sure you are referring.

Spot on ;)

4 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Going for a KL victory. Tungate was poor again on Monday and if the same happens tonight then I don't see how BV can win. 

So if you was there you would of noticed the much faster Tungate in his 3rd and forth rides, hopefully those 2 rides indicate he has sorted his slow bike problems and could well relite his season.As for tonight I'm sticking my neck out and say a win for Belle Vue, 43-47

48 minutes ago, Rob B said:

KL did their ‘hot laps’, Belle Vue complained and said they wanted to go out too so Buster spat his dummy out and dumped loads of water down making the track like a skating rink.

It could be argued that Belle Vue then had the advantage of riding the track after it had been watered.

Feeling like playing Devil Advocate:D

I've said previously that it would be fairer for both teams to take part and they should take turns, not all one team and then the other to make it even fairer. 

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The man is an absolute tool. 

Did he expect we'd just turn up and say thats okay? 

The sooner he f=-=s off out if thus sport the better it will be for everyone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Did anyone really think there wouldn’t be a problem with only home riders doing hot laps ? It’s totally unfair on the visiting team . 

Well done Mr Bewley. Top scoring for BV with 12 from 6.

I think its Lambo's first 15 point max for Lynn. Ty did a great job as well..Lewis scored well. I know it's a patched up BV side.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Sad about the Aces defeat tonight. However seeing that Lambert went through the card, combined with Dan shining again, I'm daring to dream that the future of Team GB is looking distinctly rosey. Any Lynn or Aces fans there tonight think the same?

Robert Lambert different gravy tonight. 

Kings Lynn battered us. We was shocking. They need to decide quick what way we are going to go. This guest malarkey is not working 

Special mention to bewley. Struggled here last few years. But today he broke his hoodoo. Take a bow kidda. 

Both kiddas take a bow. Lambert and bewley. The future is bright 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikec said:

Sad about the Aces defeat tonight. However seeing that Lambert went through the card, combined with Dan shining again, I'm daring to dream that the future of Team GB is looking distinctly rosey. Any Lynn or Aces fans there tonight think the same?

Missed tonight as my Grandson had a footy match starting at 6.15. Got home at 7.45 and 7 miles from stadium. Lambo and Bewley scored very well.

Well as first impressions of the season go I thought tonight was pretty good. A meeting that flowed well (and but for the paramedic seeing to Lewis Rose one that would have been done in 90 minutes or so) with some good racing and a good result. The programme is a hundred times better than last year's, albeit more expensive and there was a pretty big crowding doubt helped by the weather.

As Phil says Lambert was a different class, a quite brilliant performance. Proctor and Kerr both excellent too and although there is improvement required from the others it's very early days.

Roll on next week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well as first impressions of the season go I thought tonight was pretty good. A meeting that flowed well (and but for the paramedic seeing to Lewis Rose one that would have been done in 90 minutes or so) with some good racing and a good result. The programme is a hundred times better than last year's, albeit more expensive and there was a pretty big crowding doubt helped by the weather.

As Phil says Lambert was a different class, a quite brilliant performance. Proctor and Kerr both excellent too and although there is improvement required from the others it's very early days.

Roll on next week.

On the up then ?

Early days but I'd say tonight was a step in the right direction.

Young Bewley looks the real deal.

Lambert looked good in Poland at the weekend. Hopefully he can make real progress this year.