British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

A good and deserved win for KL. I thought we would have done better but 4 riders scoring 4 or less tells its own story.

Good to see Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley doing so well.

These hot laps are unfair if both teams can’t compete. No suprise bv complained.

Assured performance from the Stars. Best racing we've seen at the AFA for quite a while, don't recall as much overtaking all last season. 

Lambert certainly appears to have stepped it up a notch.

Jury is out on Kasper, looks like he has potential, but is going to take time to get dialled in. Not sure how he'll cope with some of the smaller tracks though!

Looking forward to a successful season!

Bewley was definitely the pick of the Aces.

Agree with others that hot laps need to be for both teams. Good idea though to keep pre meeting interesting.

Do we really need an interval? Would flow better with just the programmed grading breaks.

Don't think there was an interval as such, just an enforced break while the paramedic was setting to Lewis Rose.

yeah shame about Lewis, going to be difficult getting the right replacement

1 hour ago, mikec said:

Sad about the Aces defeat tonight. However seeing that Lambert went through the card, combined with Dan shining again, I'm daring to dream that the future of Team GB is looking distinctly rosey. Any Lynn or Aces fans there tonight think the same?

Future looks rosy :D

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

yeah shame about Lewis, going to be difficult getting the right replacement

What's he done?

This thing about the hot laps, I guess all teams at home can now do it? Stop moaning about it and just do the same when you're at home.

• Like 1

Sure did enjoy that first meeting,   A big crowd,  good weather, happy atmosphere,  exciting racing and a brilliant result.  All the things that will entice supporters to come and watch..   I was  expecting a good performance, especially after all the fitness and team work that's gone on preseason , so was not surprised by their attitude.   Belle Vue, it anything disappointed me.  After a bright start they seems to drift away from the competition and excepted defeat too easily.   I expected more from Friske and Cookie,  and some of the others. I appreciate they were a couple of riders short but I expected more than they showed...     Their brightest star was young Bewley.  What a talent,   he  stood out like a shinning beacon.   Smooth, fast  competitive,   this boy has it all.   Last night  BV's  total would have looked poor had it not been for the points he scored.    Being nominated for h15 was just reward for the performance he put in.

In the past I have been one of the first  when moaning about  Lambert , so let me say how pleased I was to see such an epic performance  from our new Captain.  He was everything a top rider should be.  I was amazed his gating has at last come good, allowing him  to get out with the others.  He was majestic, either from the gate or from the back he was in a class of his own.  Hopefully this is going to be the year he arrives on the big stage and be excepted as a world class star..   Tonight, he was supreme.....

Probably it was wrong to pick out Robert as our starman because the whole team  performed well. both individually and as a unit.   Proctor showed what a 3rd heatleader he is can be,  Kerr will always be scoring good points,  and TJ was what we have come to expect.   NKI  had a funny night , sometime scoring well and other times  he struggled, but he will come good.   Both Rose and Andersen  had their moments,  but all in all a encouraging first meeting.   No doubt there will be harder meetings than this one...

On the whole  there were more positives  than  I expected.     The track was pretty good, but that third bend  needs looking at, Looking down from our high vantage point  a lot of riders were nervous  and easing off going into the bend.  Experienced riders like Niels and Cookie were having issues,  on some racing lines.    I thought the Ref did a good job,  excepting the Red light coming on in Ht6 too quick.  There was no need to stop the race when the track was clear.  It gave BV another chance to win the race that they had already lost.   Thankfully Niels  won the rerun...

It had been a long wait,  but it felt good  to be back at Saddlebow Road.    Back in January when the teams were announced, I thought we would struggle,   but after watching last night  I now believe  we are good enough to compete,   and that has to be good,   not only for the Stars supporters but for the Sport as well.... 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

What's he done?

scaphoid fracture

• Sad 1

Seems a good idea to have pre meeting hot laps. Could help sort potential engine problems and also get the track into race mode (think it’s well known a used track can produce better racing).  However it’s got to be for home AND away riders. What I hate to see is any team have runaway wins, I love to see close exciting racing. Giving only the home team the opportunity of hot laps can only lead to a massive home advantage, thus potentially a runaway win, potentially a boring meeting.

13 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Sure did enjoy that first meeting,   A big crowd,  good weather, happy atmosphere,  exciting racing and a brilliant result.  All the things that will entice supporters to come and watch..   I was  expecting a good performance, especially after all the fitness and team work that's gone on preseason , so was not surprised by their attitude.   Belle Vue, it anything disappointed me.  After a bright start they seems to drift away from the competition and excepted defeat too easily.   I expected more from Friske and Cookie,  and some of the others. I appreciate they were a couple of riders short but I expected more than they showed...     Their brightest star was young Bewley.  What a talent,   he  stood out like a shinning beacon.   Smooth, fast  competitive,   this boy has it all.   Last night  BV's  total would have looked poor had it not been for the points he scored.    Being nominated for h15 was just reward for the performance he put in.

In the past I have been one of the first  when moaning about  Lambert , so let me say how pleased I was to see such an epic performance  from our new Captain.  He was everything a top rider should be.  I was amazed his gating has at last come good, allowing him  to get out with the others.  He was majestic, either from the gate or from the back he was in a class of his own.  Hopefully this is going to be the year he arrives on the big stage and be excepted as a world class star..   Tonight, he was supreme.....

Probably it was wrong to pick out Robert as our starman because the whole team  performed well. both individually and as a unit.   Proctor showed what a 3rd heatleader he is can be,  Kerr will always be scoring good points,  and TJ was what we have come to expect.   NKI  had a funny night , sometime scoring well and other times  he struggled, but he will come good.   Both Rose and Andersen  had their moments,  but all in all a encouraging first meeting.   No doubt there will be harder meetings than this one...

On the whole  there were more positives  than  I expected.     The track was pretty good, but that third bend  needs looking at, Looking down from our high vantage point  a lot of riders were nervous  and easing off going into the bend.  Experienced riders like Niels and Cookie were having issues,  on some racing lines.    I thought the Ref did a good job,  excepting the Red light coming on in Ht6 too quick.  There was no need to stop the race when the track was clear.  It gave BV another chance to win the race that they had already lost.   Thankfully Niels  won the rerun...

It had been a long wait,  but it felt good  to be back at Saddlebow Road.    Back in January when the teams were announced, I thought we would struggle,   but after watching last night  I now believe  we are good enough to compete,   and that has to be good,   not only for the Stars supporters but for the Sport as well.... 

Heat 6 had to be stopped as Rose ran into side of Fricke, impeding him and damaging his bike.

Thought it was the best racing I’ve seen at Kings Lynn for years, mainly because it wasn’t supper grippy as often has been, track was slicker which meant riders had to look for different lines.

• Like 1

Shame about the result but about as expected given our injury problems. Seems Dan Bewley is already outgrowing riding at reserve too.

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Heat 6 had to be stopped as Rose ran into side of Fricke, impeding him and damaging his bike.

Thought it was the best racing I’ve seen at Kings Lynn for years, mainly because it wasn’t supper grippy as often has been, track was slicker which meant riders had to look for different lines.

I understand what you say,  but as soon as the accident happened the ref put on the red lights immediately.   Yes Friske was impeded but carried on.   Rose fell,   remounted and rode off. 

I didn't think it was necessary to stop the race at that time,  and any disqualification could have been done at the end of the race.     The Ref in affect,  gave Friske another opportunity to win a race that he was at that time losing.... 

Merely an opinion  of how I saw it.    Apart from that I thought the Ref did will....

56 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I understand what you say,  but as soon as the accident happened the ref put on the red lights immediately.   Yes Friske was impeded but carried on.   Rose fell,   remounted and rode off. 

I didn't think it was necessary to stop the race at that time,  and any disqualification could have been done at the end of the race.     The Ref in affect,  gave Friske another opportunity to win a race that he was at that time losing.... 

Merely an opinion  of how I saw it.    Apart from that I thought the Ref did will....

In theory though Fricke could have caught and passed Iversen had the collision not occurred.......there was no chance of that as he was badly baulked by Rose and I think it was the right decision to have a re-run.