British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

Hot laps were a good addition to the night, knew away teams wouldn't be too chuffed about them. Added to the VFM of the evening, what do you say moaners and groaners aka MAGS :D

Thoroughly enjoyable evening as previously mentioned on here. Good weather, good racing and all in all, a good night!

Fortunate enough to be able to watch from the centre green for the first time, and even more fortunate it was for heats 11&12 - What a race in heat 12.

I took 3 people along with me who'd never been to speedway before, and I'm pleased to say they will all be back for the Poole meeting next week!

Full marks for a brilliant start - best wishes to Lewis Rose for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Trees said:

Hot laps were a good addition to the night, knew away teams wouldn't be too chuffed about them. Added to the VFM of the evening, what do you say moaners and groaners aka MAGS :D

Maybe the debacle that was last season has meant the opinions of the fans, and yes the moaners and groaners, have been taken into account. From all accounts last night was well run, provided extra entertainment and I assume (in the absence of comments to the contrary) started on time. 

It isn't rocket science but it's taken a long, long while for it to happen. I have a sneaky suspicion Mr Brundle was the catalyst for all this (possibly reading BSF and twitter) and if so well done to him.

• Like 1

Can't add much more to what's already been said. The first 9 races pretty much gate and go, got a lot better after the interval. 

Robert Lambert different gravy from last season, looking way slimmer and fitter. His gating was brilliant and still had the brilliant passing skills in heat 15.

The team looks solid right the way through with the only concern is Kasper. He was miles behind to the same standard as an NL rider. I know some will say give him time but we don't want to go down that road again of 'oh it'll come good next week'.

Track was very very slick which brought the track more conductive to racing and less track grading. Fingers crossed that that is how things will be in future. Slick is ideal for the modern bike it seems.

2 hours ago, deltafox said:

REF 

•  
  12 hours ago, Rob B said:

KL did their ‘hot laps’, Belle Vue complained and said they wanted to go out too so Buster spat his dummy out and dumped loads of water down making the track like a skating rink.

The man is an absolute tool. 

Did he expect we'd just turn up and say thats okay? 

The sooner he f=-=s off out if thus sport the better it will be for everyon

REF above the track was watered  at the request of the Teams NOT the track Curator As usual a keyboard warrior who has not the nuts to go and ask the man himself  !!

I was in ear shot of the pits so heard the discussion first hand  ACEF No dummies were even in sight !

You talk b*ll*cks - hot laps passed by SCB - no dummy thrown out - track was watered slightly at request of teams. As usual keyboard warrior who was no where near King’s Lynn and makes false accusations 

• Like 2

Was Chuffed to the @&);:/-s with last nights offering. Well done all.  Now the bar has been raised and set, let’s see it maintained there.  Spread the word. 

As Baggy would say ( or Bud) Dilly Dilly

11 hours ago, mikec said:

Sad about the Aces defeat tonight. However seeing that Lambert went through the card, combined with Dan shining again, I'm daring to dream that the future of Team GB is looking distinctly rosey. Any Lynn or Aces fans there tonight think the same?

The Aces held their own up to the interval,  but come the second half the Stars upped their game and stretched the lead. Heat 11 was a disaster for the Aces, with Max Fricke appearing to blow an engine, and then Craig Cooke slipping off when not under any pressure, to gift the Stars a 5-1.  Most impressive rider for the Aces was Dan Bewley, a great young rider who must have a terriffic future in the sport. He was really on the pace all night, and was brilliant in Heat 15 to finish second behind Robert Lambert, and heading home Niels Kristian Iversen. Yes the future for Team GB is looking good, but having watched some Polish speedway on TV recently, there are some superb young Poles coming through the system as well.

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Can't add much more to what's already been said. The first 9 races pretty much gate and go, got a lot better after the interval. 

Robert Lambert different gravy from last season, looking way slimmer and fitter. His gating was brilliant and still had the brilliant passing skills in heat 15.

The team looks solid right the way through with the only concern is Kasper. He was miles behind to the same standard as an NL rider. I know some will say give him time but we don't want to go down that road again of 'oh it'll come good next week'.

Track was very very slick which brought the track more conductive to racing and less track grading. Fingers crossed that that is how things will be in future. Slick is ideal for the modern bike it seems.

Appreciate what you say about Andersen but he needs half a dozen meetings at least, looked a bag of nerves last night and was quite ratty in between heats....needs to settle down a bit and relax on the bike. Kept turning too hard and scrubbing his speed off but I'm sure he'll improve. Lives at the stadium so should be able to practice practice practice.

As others have said, the promotion have listened to their customers and the challenge is to maintain the high standards set last night.

5 hours ago, DWP said:

scaphoid fracture

Strained muscles and ligaments in his wrist,nothing broken is the latest on twitter.

It's good to read that fans were impressed with the meeting last night. It shows that the promotion are aware of at least some of the issues that cause fans to walk away so well done to them doing something about it.

Also good news that the injury to Lewis Rose isn't as bad as at first feared.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

These hot laps are unfair if both teams can’t compete. No suprise bv complained.

Which is good,a bit of needle and controversy is what speedway lacks at the moment.It's a shame it wasn't announced over the tannoy that Belle Vue had protested then that would have got the fans more involved and dare i say a bit more noisy,which in turn creates an atmosphere.

For those of us that can remember back 30,40 years ago remember all the needle that went on then,what a good atmosphere we had then too.The two seem to go hand in hand together and it works.Now the promotion must think of something to rile the old Pirates up next week.

• Like 1

Yep. Deffo the best racing I have seen for a few years at kings Lynn. It was much slicker than usual. That's how it needs to stay. 

It's a fast track just like belle vue. And when it's grippy the guy in front just pulls away. 

39 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yep. Deffo the best racing I have seen for a few years at kings Lynn. It was much slicker than usual. That's how it needs to stay. 

It's a fast track just like belle vue. And when it's grippy the guy in front just pulls away. 

Not according to Kasper who had notched up faster laps than NKI the day before on a slick track.... he was expecting something similar but it was gripper, deceiving obviously....