British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Appreciate what you say about Andersen but he needs half a dozen meetings at least, looked a bag of nerves last night and was quite ratty in between heats....needs to settle down a bit and relax on the bike. Kept turning too hard and scrubbing his speed off but I'm sure he'll improve. Lives at the stadium so should be able to practice practice practice.

As others have said, the promotion have listened to their customers and the challenge is to maintain the high standards set last night.

Or maybe Robin Brundle has just added his ideas and enthusiasm to the show? 

I thought last night that the hot laps are a double whammy as they bring in a lot of the crowd earlier than normal so there shouldn't be any holdups to get a big crowd in.... 

53 minutes ago, Trees said:

Or maybe Robin Brundle has just added his ideas and enthusiasm to the show? 

I thought last night that the hot laps are a double whammy as they bring in a lot of the crowd earlier than normal so there shouldn't be any holdups to get a big crowd in.... 

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed last night and even stayed for the after-match interviews in the bar. One negative for me (there has to be one!) was the extremely poor quality of the p.a. system. Did someone forget to remove the winter dust?

Edited by Starboy118

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Not according to Kasper who had notched up faster laps than NKI the day before on a slick track.... he was expecting something similar but it was gripper, deceiving obviously.... 

The track is always grippier on race nights than when riders practice, but it soon gets slick after a few races. Seemed a few riders had problems turning bikes in turn 3. But that was riders not the track. Turn 3 you need to make back straight a little longer than it is before turning in. 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Not according to Kasper who had notched up faster laps than NKI the day before on a slick track.... he was expecting something similar but it was gripper, deceiving obviously.... 

It might have been gripper than practice but it was certainly less grippy than normal

39 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It might have been gripper than practice but it was certainly less grippy than normal

Absolutely, if that produces better racing long may the slick continue

• Like 1

As I usually moan on here as soon as things go wrong at Kings Lynn speedway, I thought I would say how good last nights meeting was. Decent racing , slick presentation, and a Stars win. Positive start to the season .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mrss said:

As I usually moan on here as soon as things go wrong at Kings Lynn speedway, I thought I would say how good last nights meeting was. Decent racing , slick presentation, and a Stars win. Positive start to the season .

If your waiting for me to comment on last night meeting you will have a very long waite as I wasn’t even there so I cant comment on the meeting other than I’m pleased everyone had a fantastic evening and the Stars won . Me I enjoyed watching the IPL on tv and having a beer in the sunshine on the patio and also I saved £60 by staying home . 

Can’t take it with you haza

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Can’t take it with you haza

Don’t worry we won’t be plenty in the pipeline here 

I thought it was a good night's speedway with some great racing later on, capped by Lambert in heat 15.

Lot to like about Wednesday night.

• Like 2