British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 18/04/18

Its been a long, wet winter, but finally its here !!!  Lets get that glass half full ( well at least until Thurs Morn :D)

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

For me the trust in the promotion is very fragile. 

And for me. I see very little change over the winter or indications of better things in how KLS is run ( compared the past two or three years ) Yes we have the new anthem to be roared out loyally on Weds and the health / get fit camps but I see little other evidence of positive change.  A long way to go in my book. But looking at a half full glass perhaps on arrival at the AFA we will be very surprised ( after the sun break or is it too early in the year for that? ) by the changes. Let's hope so.

If the new 'anthem' is to be played at Saddlebow, Buster could make a good few quid in selling air plugs :D  It reminds me of Madam Edith in Allo Allo....lol

I may have missed it but the PRs etc keep refering to "hot laps". Can anyone explain please?

I'm assuming it means Lynn riders doing laps of the track but Can't see either the opposition or Buster going for that:P

Looks to me as if this King's Lynn anthem is a master stroke of PR.

Played on both local radio stations serving Lynn and the fans can't stop talking about.

No such thing as bad publicity?

53 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I may have missed it but the PRs etc keep refering to "hot laps". Can anyone explain please?

I'm assuming it means Lynn riders doing laps of the track but Can't see either the opposition or Buster going for that:P

First of all I can think of one or two riders in the team that will want payment for these so called hot laps - also as it seems to be only open to Lynn riders I can see the visiting team manager putting in a protest to the ref as being unfair advantage to the home team . We shall see but can’t see it lasting long . Rather than hot laps how about something revolutionary starting the meeting at 7.30 that would help to get families to attend meetings . 

Edited by Haza

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

I thought the hot laps was something to do with the gym bikes which are put out at the top of the steps near the pits on turn 1.

Unfortunately Haza the first race still starts at 19:45.

Edited by tellboy

43 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I thought the hot laps was something to do with the gym bikes which are put out at the top of the steps near the pits on turn 1.

Unfortunately Haza the first race still starts at 19:45.

Sadly yes first race 7-45 it’s a shame as this would definitely help families and those who start work early the next morning- as for hot laps would be nice to hear an official explanation as to what they are 

Seems hot laps - 3 laps flying start against the clock - home riders ONLY - can see that going down well with visiting team manager 

Have read Robin Brundle's reply to you on Twitter Haza and it sounds a good idea in principle but like you I can see protests from the visitors, despite the SCB approval. Hopefully the riders will participate fully and not come up with excuses as the season progresses. 

It will provide added entertainment so it's definitely a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Have read Robin Brundle's reply to you on Twitter Haza and it sounds a good idea in principle but like you I can see protests from the visitors, despite the SCB approval. Hopefully the riders will participate fully and not come up with excuses as the season progresses. 

It will provide added entertainment so it's definitely a step in the right direction. 

In principle it’s a great idea I’m not knocking in the slightest has to be open to visiting riders though as it totally unfair advantage to the home side and as I said earlier can see certain riders in the Stars side wanting payment or opting out . 

Are these hot laps taking place before the meeting or are they going to used as practice for riders after the meeting?

5 minutes ago, mrss said:

Are these hot laps taking place before the meeting or are they going to used as practice for riders after the meeting?

Before the meeting from 7pm -after the meeting there would be no problem with apart from they’d be doing hot laps to an empty stadium. 

Edited by Haza

In the PR timetable they were before the meeting. I think about 7 o'clock 

• Like 1

We shall see on Wednesday but I can see Mark Lemon the Aces team manager protesting and quite rightly. Unless it’s open to the visiting team hot laps won’t last very long . 

• Like 1