British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Redcar C Sunday 15th April

Even so I thought it was poor..Barker just wants to race his bike and all that didn't need to happen.

10 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Even so I thought it was poor..Barker just wants to race his bike and all that didn't need to happen.

Blame their team manager then, not the ref. 

And there was no need to destroy the tapes, pure petulance.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nicholls was on a GM for this meeting

Hooray for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Agreed , but still not the ref's fault, put it down to inapt team management or an oversight  . , Yes Ben Barker only wants to race, and there's nothing better than seeing him in full flow but his actions cannot be excused and he was rightly penalised for it.  

17 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Hooray for that.

Ellis was flying on a Godden on Friday, maybe, they are only good for slick tracks.

3 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Whatever made Jitendra think that Kus could be a heatleader 

Well give the guy a break, 2 AWAY meetings and the jury has made its mind up.

Yes its a slow start but give him 3 or 4 HOME matches to get dialled in then judge for peats sake.

Starke definitely madeus stronger in my opinion and it's a shame he's no longer with us.

I would've liked to see us keep most of last seasons team together with the odd tweak. 

Credit to Grondal again for another good home meeting. 

Big gap until our next meeting which can't help anyone

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Ellis was flying on a Godden on Friday, maybe, they are only good for slick tracks.

To be fair Nicholls just wasn’t getting out of the starts, he told me his Godden is fast enough around any of the tracks so the problem was just the start.

After a couple of rides he had sorted the set up and looked much sharper, problem sorted.

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Starke definitely madeus stronger in my opinion and it's a shame he's no longer with us.

I would've liked to see us keep most of last seasons team together with the odd tweak. 

Credit to Grondal again for another good home meeting. 

Big gap until our next meeting which can't help anyone

He was offered terms as was Harris, but the draw of more Wonga from the garage owners just swayed it, it will be interesting to see who fancies the long drive next year, Harris already seems annoyed with it according to his twitter and it’s only just started.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Well give the guy a break, 2 AWAY meetings and the jury has made its mind up.

Yes its a slow start but give him 3 or 4 HOME matches to get dialled in then judge for peats sake.

We gave him several seasons......Who is "peat"?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, foamfence said:

We gave him several seasons......Who is "peat"?

Rider of the year at Redcar I recall and you get a 7 1/2 average because what you did last year.

Nicholls only got 4 on his debut for Peterboro this year lucky he doesn't ride for Redcar !!

27 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Rider of the year at Redcar I recall and you get a 7 1/2 average because what you did last year.

Nicholls only got 4 on his debut for Peterboro this year lucky he doesn't ride for Redcar !!

You have to know the history and how he let the club down when he fell out with the promotion. A lot of the paying public wouldn't have had him back, that's why you get certain comments on various forums. Ellis Perks (British) rode brilliantly last year and he got dropped! I'd much rather have kept him than Kus, If you're going to have a team destined for the bottom end, then why not sign riders with prospects?

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

He was offered terms as was Harris, but the draw of more Wonga from the garage owners just swayed it, it will be interesting to see who fancies the long drive next year, Harris already seems annoyed with it according to his twitter and it’s only just started.

Are you sure it was more wonga or was it the knowledge they would get paid what they were due and on time. And pray explain what Chris has been saying about the long drive 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foamfence said:

You have to know the history and how he let the club down when he fell out with the promotion. A lot of the paying public wouldn't have had him back, that's why you get certain comments on various forums. Ellis Perks (British) rode brilliantly last year and he got dropped! I'd much rather have kept him than Kus, If you're going to have a team destined for the bottom end, then why not sign riders with prospects?

I do know the history when Kus was with Redcar last time and I will not divulge the details here but blame Brian Havelock for that not Kus.

But despite the above I do agree the treatment of Ellis Perks by Redcar and quite frankly all of speedway has been appalling, he was a breath of fresh air for Rye House and looking at his results at Redcar proved it was no flash in the pan.

15 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

The referee today was Mick Bates

Ah thanks. I was just going to ask how on earth Margaret Vardy could be in two places at once because she was referee at the Leicester v Eastbourne match at 3pm.  So whatever happened in heat 15 it definitely wasn't her fault. :lol: