British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Redcar C Sunday 15th April

24 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Are you sure it was more wonga or was it the knowledge they would get paid what they were due and on time. And pray explain what Chris has been saying about the long drive 

I think Chris was moaning about the long drive to Scotland for a rained off match and thinks it should have been called off earlier. 

16 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

I do know the history when Kus was with Redcar last time and I will not divulge the details here but blame Brian Havelock for that not Kus.

But despite the above I do agree the treatment of Ellis Perks by Redcar and quite frankly all of speedway has been appalling, he was a breath of fresh air for Rye House and looking at his results at Redcar proved it was no flash in the pan.

Irrespective of Havelock, he still let down the paying public, there were other issues but I imagine you're equally aware of them.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair Nicholls just wasn’t getting out of the starts, he told me his Godden is fast enough around any of the tracks so the problem was just the start.

After a couple of rides he had sorted the set up and looked much sharper, problem sorted.

He has been slow..nothing to do with starting from what I've witnessed(although Scott knows more than me!). He missed the start in heat 3 but must have changed something on his motor and his mindset as suddenly he was fast and aggressive and forced himself through like the Scott Nicholls we were expecting to see..and then went on to win his next race.

Edited by Lukas

43 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Are you sure it was more wonga or was it the knowledge they would get paid what they were due and on time. And pray explain what Chris has been saying about the long drive 

Yes I am sure it was more Wonga,Starke only too readily agreed to guest yesterday so he obviously didn’t have any problems about riding, as Gemini says Chris was moaning about a 5 hour wasted drive on his wife’s birthday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lukas said:

Even so I thought it was poor..Barker just wants to race his bike and all that didn't need to happen.

True. If the bloke on the pits mic can't give confirmed line ups straight away ("what I can give is the coin toss" - well whoopee doo!) then just give out the proposed line up (subject to ref approval) and then confirm the line up before riders take to the track. It's not rocket science but should help avoid such cock ups.

Edited by Crump99

It was redcars problem but the ref not releasing the tapes so the riders could come to the pit gate didn’t help the situation and to make matters worse, the pit marshal took ages to open the pit gate so the mechanics couldn’t get down to the tapes in time, by the time they did, the ref excluded them, but ultimately it was redcars own fault and the riders should of been in the correct helmet colours to begin with, but the ref excluded the 2 redcar riders for delaying the start and that exclusion actually delayed the start even longer 

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yes I am sure it was more Wonga,Starke only too readily agreed to guest yesterday so he obviously didn’t have any problems about riding, as Gemini says Chris was moaning about a 5 hour wasted drive on his wife’s birthday.

Paul accepting a one off booking as a guest has got nothing to do with whether he is getting more money at Glasgow. Its the start of the season if you can't pay your guests after the meeting you are in deep doodoo so why not add to his income. Chris Harris expressing disappointment that Edinburgh speedway postponed a meeting at the last minute is a lot different from what you said. There is enough misinformation going around without you adding to it 

26 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Paul accepting a one off booking as a guest has got nothing to do with whether he is getting more money at Glasgow. Its the start of the season if you can't pay your guests after the meeting you are in deep doodoo so why not add to his income. Chris Harris expressing disappointment that Edinburgh speedway postponed a meeting at the last minute is a lot different from what you said. There is enough misinformation going around without you adding to it 

What you mean like suggesting teams don’t pay riders, indeed.

5 hours ago, BenR195 said:

..... but the ref not releasing the tapes so the riders could come to the pit gate......

Instead of behaving like spoilt brat(s) they could have gone to the pit gates straightaway.....  anti-clockwise

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Only thing he complained about was the lateness of the call off at Edinburgh last week,  getting called earlier would have saved him the drive.

Apart from that he has been the model pro that he is with no complaints about anything that i know of.

7 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Instead of behaving like spoilt brat(s) they could have gone to the pit gates straightaway.....  anti-clockwise

Wouldve been excluded as not heading towards the tapes at end of 2 mins ;)

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Are you sure it was more wonga or was it the knowledge they would get paid what they were due and on time.

There can be little doubt that Bomber is getting more money than he'd have got at Panthers.  But the way it comes across, you seem to be implying that Bomber decided not to ride for Panthers because he had problems getting paid by them last season, and/or was worried he might not get paid if he stayed with Panthers for another season. 

I think you should clarify exactly what you meant.  And, if necessary, provide evidence.   Otherwise that comment should be amended or deleted.     

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

Bike has to face forwards at all times, can’t turn back around 

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wouldve been excluded as not heading towards the tapes at end of 2 mins ;)

The point I was making was that the ref not upping the tapes didn't stop them returning to the pit gate.  

5 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Bike has to face forwards at all times, can’t turn back around 

Really? So how come riders are often turning around and riding back to the 4th bend and then back to the tapes?  (Genuine question)  

• Like 1