British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Eastbourne 15-04-18

Eastbourne will give Coventry a much sterner test than Stoke did last week. I believe Danny Phillips is riding for Scunthorpe so a guest needed. I expect the crowd to be bigger, forecast much better than what we had to deal with last week. Thoughts.

11 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Eastbourne will give Coventry a much sterner test than Stoke did last week. I believe Danny Phillips is riding for Scunthorpe so a guest needed. I expect the crowd to be bigger, forecast much better than what we had to deal with last week. Thoughts.

I would imagine you will get some Eastbourne fans. 

The days of the Eagles being sickly travellers have well and truly gone.

Hopefully, Coventry folk will comprise a break-even+ crowd so that the Eastie folk are icing on the cake.

7 hours ago, Woz01 said:

We are running R/R for Danny Phillips.

Eagles will be looking for 2 out of 2 away wins then. A lot depends on whether Edwards takes to the track. 

Good result for the Eagles tonight at Plymouth.  Took them a while to get going on an initially tricky track, the Devils were arguably unlucky to walk away with nothing.  Kelsey couldn't take his first two rides due to a bike problem then had to take both his next rides from 15m!  Should be a good meeting on Sunday, tough to call.

With last night and tonight to shake the cob webs out of the system I feel an Eagles win is most likely.  Question is whether they can get all four points.

Hope I have not put a jinx on them, which I have been known to do.

Yep it'll be tough for the Bees but with a bit of rain around that may help Coventry as they rode in the wet at Leicester last week.

even with the great start to the season for the eagles , not sure that counting up possible points isn't a bit premature . the bees haven't started badly themselves with a convincing home win and 2 decent showings at 2 of the leagues big guns . think this is going to be a good one and could go either way really. weather going to do it's best to spoil it though. 

Edited by gee jay

Only cloudy so far no rain. Hopefully it will stay that way. 

Only cloudy so far no rain. Hopefully it will stay that way. Update weather dry and track dry..Score Bees 12 Eagles 12

Couldn't make today as I had to work, great win for the Bees. Was the crowd similar to last week?

I'd guess a little bit less. Well you and Tina Widman weren't able to be there for a start. :lol:  Another dodgy weather forecast didn't help and although it didn't rain during the early heats it did later on. Great win for the Bees though and perhaps one Sunday we will be able to sit in the sunshine.

38 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I'd guess a little bit less. Well you and Tina Widman weren't able to be there for a start. :lol:  Another dodgy weather forecast didn't help and although it didn't rain during the early heats it did later on. Great win for the Bees though and perhaps one Sunday we will be able to sit in the sunshine.

The word from Eastbourne folk who went is that the attendance was probably a long way short of break even.

That's a shame considering  the Eagles have to be one of the more attractive opponents in NL.