British Speedway Forum

Superb meeting considering it's the season opener,no excuses best Team on the night won.NBJ looked the missing link that could make Berwick had to beat at home.

Credit to who was texting the updates this evening. Never have I read a more balanced account of a meeting. Full marks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just back and the enjoyable away day's to Berwick never let you down. 

On the night we just fell short and the Bandits on the night just shaded it and well done to them, but has already been said it was a fantastic advert for the sport with both teams not giving an inch but also raced in mutual respect to there opponent.

Not too dissapointed as we were royally entertained and will take the point and move on to next week, looking forward to my next trip to Bandit territory already.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted to have missed tonight. Made me happy though to see pictures of a big crowd, a lovely evening and a win for us to kick our season off the right way! Can't wait to finally see NBJ in our colours... I've already told my other half he will be the one to watch for us this season! Onto next week, a challenge against Newcastle, but another local team and a chance to boost confidence of both home supporters and team members  :approve: 

1 minute ago, Bandits4eva said:

Absolutely gutted to have missed tonight. Made me happy though to see pictures of a big crowd, a lovely evening and a win for us to kick our season off the right way! Can't wait to finally see NBJ in our colours... I've already told my other half he will be the one to watch for us this season! Onto next week, a challenge against Newcastle, but another local team and a chance to boost confidence of both home supporters and team members  :approve: 

You missed a cracker good to see Aaron looking more like himself in his last two rides he will do ok for you this year.

Have to agree, after the poor weather lately, this really kicked the season into life. Big crowd were treated to a great, close meeting. Some awesome racing.

Kevin Doolan has to get credit,  put in two brilliant performances. Tonight was just a rollercoaster of a speedway meeting, helped by Berwick being warmer than it often is in July:o

40 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You missed a cracker good to see Aaron looking more like himself in his last two rides he will do ok for you this year.

I've no doubt he will.. Bloody hell, it's only his 1st meeting at home this season. Main thing seems to be yet again people have gone home happy from a night out at Berwick :approve: 

What a way to open the season with,well worth the wait that must have been the biggest crowd for a while so thanks to the hoards of Glasgow fans think everyone must have enjoyed that meeting which was also well managed time wise.Was looking forward to seeing Bomber ride and he didn't disappoint,glad to Summers get his bike sorted out,Buskie looks like a man possessed never gives up glad we brought him back,what can you say about Captain Kev great credit to the team.On another note think Granty must be a millionaire after last night always a line of punters.Is there any chance we could get a speaker up near turnstiles please ? More of the same next week please.

Only one thing I have to moan about...They knew it was going to be a big crowd as Glasgow always bring loads of away fans and credit to them for doing so it creates a great atmosphere but why only 2/4 turnstiles open to get in until they opened the big one at 6.55. Great meeting and well worth the money though.

PA system was a little off in main stand last night don’t know if anyone else thought some of the conversations were difficult to hear. Great meeting though think if we had Jye it would have been a bit easier 

1 hour ago, havenagotahope said:

PA system was a little off in main stand last night don’t know if anyone else thought some of the conversations were difficult to hear. Great meeting though think if we had Jye it would have been a bit easier 

Have to agree,but thought it was just me and my old age kicking in,not the volume but picking up the conversation.

Good to finally get the season underway , and a cracking meeting to kick off with . Tigers look like they will be a match for most teams they come up against very solid scoring throughout the team. Pleased to captain Kev in among the points and also good to see NBK actually complete a meeting at Shielfield .  Wasn't much between the teams and I think the two reserves cancelled each other out . Really good to get the meeting finished at  a decent time and it didn't really seem that they where hurrying it through . Big congratulations to all involved in the new look programme ( or match-day magazine ) , all in all  a positive start to the season which is the main thing , hopefully another decent crowd next Saturday night and another home win .

1 hour ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

well great meeting and to see 15 heats and beat the flash  the cash tigers brill night 

21 if you stayed to watch the juniors

Nice little touch as well, to introduce the juniors to the crowd during the interval. It gives them exposure to the crowd, a little boost for them and fills the time in as well.

Good to see Leon riding last night. There were a few youngsters round where I was going daft because he was racing. It just shows you the potential pulling power of having local riders in the team, who are identifiable and and who the fans can relate to and how important the training track is to all this.