British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

Well the weather is set to be good next week and the current forecast for Wednesday with sunny periods, and only the slight risk of a smll shower coming down from north Wiltshire.

Chris Holder is back riding but we will probably still have Kildemand in the side for the meeting against the Robins.

Teams

Poole

Kurtz

Woryna

Josh G

Sundstrom

Kildemand

Szczepaniak

Shanes

Swindon.

Morris

Ellis

Musielak

Bellego 

Batchelor

Wajtknecht

Davey

With a dried out track and the boys having had a meeting on it, I think we will be too strong for the robins, even though they have a “better” number one than ours. Doubt Batchelor will ride like he did last week and expect him to be more of a threat. Pirates look stronger at reserve. A couple more meetings and the boys will be dialled in.  Hopefully plenty of Swindon fans will make the short trip down but head back with Rosco disappointed.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the weather is set to be good next week and the current forecast for Wednesday with sunny periods, and only the slight risk of a smll shower coming down from north Wiltshire.

Chris Holder is back riding but we will probably still have Kildemand in the side for the meeting against the Robins.

Teams

Poole

Kurtz

Woryna

Josh G

Sundstrom

Kildemand

Szczepaniak

Shanes

Swindon.

Morris

Ellis

Musielak

Bellego 

Batchelor

Wajtknecht

Davey

With a dried out track and the boys having had a meeting on it, I think we will be too strong for the robins, even though they have a “better” number one than ours. Doubt Batchelor will ride like he did last week and expect him to be more of a threat. Pirates look stronger at reserve. A couple more meetings and the boys will be dialled in.  Hopefully plenty of Swindon fans will make the short trip down but head back with Rosco disappointed.

Thoughts?

Easy home win..

• Haha 2

Reckon this could be reasonably close, Swindon to perhaps nick a point. Poole to win though, as they should every home meeting on paper.

Probably yet another victory for the Robins down in deepest darkest Dorset.

Poole 44-46 Swindon :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Easy home win..

Mike, you don’t have to copy my post as it’s directly above. Can you trim it ?

Bet Gavan is getting excited, Kurtz v Morris

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Bet Gavan is getting excited, Kurtz v Morris

He will when Nick gets more points than Brad

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

He won't find it as easy as last year. Anyway Nick can have a max and Poole win, suits me!! :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Not going to happen.  5/1 Poole heat 1.

• Haha 1

Routine home win, by 12.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to happen.  5/1 Poole heat 1.

Got to get gates 1 and 3 first :D

Hope the track dries out for batch :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

It should be a  routine home win i just hope the Robins put in a decent performance for me we have to win all our home matches and keep it tight away.Kurtz has started  the season well  just like        ( Fricke good  today again in Poland love it that he now attacks the outside line) Morris will be fine and i am confident Nick will be scoring double figures regularly.

Reckon this will be closer than some Poole fans think. Can see Ellis smashing double figures alongside Batch. If our reserves pick up 10 then who knows. Personally I don’t think the Poole team is all that. Lots of it, buts & maybes. Underestimate Swindon at your peril. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Reckon this will be closer than some Poole fans think. Can see Ellis smashing double figures alongside Batch. If our reserves pick up 10 then who knows. Personally I don’t think the Poole team is all that. Lots of it, buts & maybes. Underestimate Swindon at your peril. 

Ellis smashing double figures well he can only score 15 at best unless a tac sub then 18 but then you’ll be getting beat. I think he will score a 7-8 and you’ll be beaten 51-39

• Haha 1