British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

9 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Reckon this will be closer than some Poole fans think. Can see Ellis smashing double figures alongside Batch. If our reserves pick up 10 then who knows. Personally I don’t think the Poole team is all that. Lots of it, buts & maybes. Underestimate Swindon at your peril. 

Like you've underestimated Poole you mean. Maybe we should keep the track a bit wet so Batch scores one point again! :D 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Like you've underestimated Poole you mean. Maybe we should keep the track a bit wet so Batch scores one point again! :D 

if we're lucky.. :D

• Haha 1

Easy Poole win. Our reserves will get outscored heavily and we will get battered. There will be a few matches like this until the inevitable mid season change is made.

• Like 1

totally agree,  anybody with a reasonable understanding  of the  sport would have to predict poole to finish top of the league,and any home defeat this yr to be a major shock ,however will they be champions?now thats a different ball game,several teams are only one maybe two big changes away from being  at lest equal,wolves the most likely me thinks ,have some big thrashings away,win at home by only a few points and pick up 3 league pts keeps them in striking distance of a play off place,averages crash,woofy in for a reserve, or two changes woofy and freddy back

Anything less than a 10 point home win will be a surprise as the reserves will clean up.

As already said just like last season Swindon will need a team change to stand any chance of a play off place.

If Poole don’t win the league this season then it will be a choke.

Hang on that was the same as last season & look what happened.

We are far stronger this year. If other teams don’t strengthen up we should win it. And who is to say we won’t strengthen?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Dear me, ive never known so many anti poole moaning minis on here. Ive just sat here for the last 15 mins cringing. The people they should be moaning about is there own clubs

12 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Dear me, ive never known so many anti poole moaning minis on here. Ive just sat here for the last 15 mins cringing. The people they should be moaning about is there own clubs

I haven't read any anti Poole comments on this topic, all I've seen is Swindon fans expecting a home win, looking at the line ups is a pretty safe bet, I'd be more than happy to Nick a point though, but stick by my prediction.

Weather looks decent so considering making the trip despite the fact we will get battered. Would love to buy MFF a pint if hes there??

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Weather looks decent so considering making the trip despite the fact we will get battered. Would love to buy MFF a pint if hes there??

very funny remember its  school next day :unsure:

Edited by ray c

Prediction - Poole 51-39 Swindon

Kurtz 11/Grajczonek 10+1/Szczepaniak 9+1/Kildemand 8+1/Sundstrom 7+1/Woryna 4+2/Shanes 2+1

Morris 9/Musielak 8/Batchelor 8/Ellis 7/Bellego 4+2/Davey 2+1/Zach 1

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Prediction - Poole 51-39 Swindon

Kurtz 11/Grajczonek 10+1/Szczepaniak 9+1/Kildemand 8+1/Sundstrom 7+1/Woryna 4+2/Shanes 2+1

Morris 9/Musielak 8/Batchelor 8/Ellis 7/Bellego 4+2/Davey 2+1/Zach 1

Can you give me the time of heat 6 please. I missed it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think he missed it SS.Bellego's bike backfired and stopped as he was returning to the pits.Hence the 4 points.Missed his 3rd ride.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I think he missed it SS.Bellego's bike backfired and stopped as he was returning to the pits.

Sorry guys missed it rushing to toilet after Kurtz took chequered flag.

• Haha 1

Routine home win. Maybe the Robins can bring their 2017 form to Wimborne Road perhaps?. ;)