British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then it doesn’t show much faith in Bellego!

Think it’s a good move. This is what Rosco has said.

Rossiter has opted to change his riding order for the meeting, switching Adam Ellis into the No.4 spot with David Bellego moving to No.2.

He explained: “I’ve given the riding order a tweak, I just feel sometimes it’s worth trying something different and if it doesn’t work then we can always revert back. I was going to do it for Wolverhampton but didn’t get chance because of the rain-off, so we’ll go with it here.

”I feel Adam could be in for a big season and rather than doing the same thing all the time, sometimes you have to make horses for courses, and we’ll see how it turns out.”

Great to see Adam being given a more responsible racing position. He has certainly progressed more being at Swindon and his career on the forward path.  Great to see.

Certainly Swindon have stood by him and are reaping the rewards as they should. 

Every Brit progressing at a top flight club is another step forward to then progressing onto the world stage. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OFMiles said:

Lakeside fish & chips opposite Asda really good

Best in Poole

• Like 1

With Bournemouth playing Man U just up the road tonight I should imagine the best way for fans travelling from the north is toncome in via Ferndown rather than the Bournemouth spur road.

The match is likely to affect tonights attendance. There are quite a few Poole fans who are AFC Bournemouth season ticket holders, as well as it being on tv. A shame this clash of fixtures couldn’t have been avoided.

It makes quite a bit of sense to put the stronger rider at number  two away from home with no TS in heat 8.

Swindon's riding order is irrelevant here because no matter how they line up they are still going to leave Wimborne Road empty handed.

• Haha 1

A beautiful day today. Patio doors open into the garden. Warm and sunny. Track will need plenty of water this week.

Should be a great meeting tonight.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A beautiful day today. Patio doors open into the garden. Warm and sunny. Track will need plenty of water this week.

Should be a great meeting tonight.

Glyn will be there from 8.00 he will have that track in good shape. yes he will have to put water down. But its still quite chilly in the evening so he wont be pouring water on after 4 pm. He will probably do a light run about 5.30 6. Then at intervals during the meeting as required.

Shame I can't make it tonight, as I have always enjoyed my visits to Poole, especially for play-off finals.

However, if Poole can get their Poles firing and with Kildemand wanting to prove a point, I think the Pirates will have too much for us unfortunately.

Either way, it will be a good chance for the lads to get their eye in ready for another victory in the 2018 play-off finals.

I do think the 4 clubs currently occupying the top 4 positions in the Premiership table - albeit after only 1 or 2 meetings - are highly likely to be the 4 play-off teams!!!;);)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Exeter once put Mauger at no 2 did they not rate him .?

IN those days team managers (in this case Peter Oakes) could juggle their line-ups. Made the meeting more interesting. 

37 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

5 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Swindon's riding order is irrelevant here because no matter how they line up they are still going to leave Wimborne Road empty handed.

By someone who never goes.  ?????

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

By someone who never goes.  ?????

My post is 100% spot on and its not my problem if you don't like it.