British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

It’s taking a very long time for certain Poole fans to come on here tonight. Where’s my buddy Arthur Fry to remind me why Kurtz is better than Morris? 

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

it will if we are not in the playoffs ;)

Think we know that wont happen. If ruthless changes are needed, then that's what will happen.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I know mate.

Thing is I never said Morris was better than Kurtz but some people wouldn’t let it rest so I’m just giving it back

You are like a child!! 'They started it...'

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It’s taking a very long time for certain Poole fans to come on here tonight. Where’s my buddy Arthur Fry to remind me why Kurtz is better than Morris? 

Starman is still showing his mate Glyn how to doctor the track to bring back the bumps for the next meeting!

Great performance from Swindon.

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nah. They’re doomed. Sunk, submerged, wrecked. :)

Err, sorry, everyone I was wrong. Apparently they’re still afloat. Shovy’s been seen rowing a boat, with Starman, Fraud and Muddlo, on their way to Rome. :)

• Like 1

Just got back after witnessing the press conference which I filmed and will chuck up on youtube shortly.

First of all well done to Swindon who gave us a master class in gating. They were two bike lengths quicker out of the gate in virtually every heat. At first I put it down to having 2 and 4, which were working very well. But by the time we got on them the Swindon boys were dialled in and it made very little difference. In virtually every heat Swindon got to the first bend in front and we were just chasing shadows. 

The track is now nice and smooth but the racing lines have vanished. Morris gated superbly, held the inside and that was that. A terrible terrible meeting to watch (unless you were one of the 4 Swindon fans I witnessed who made the trip down. Only person who showed true grit and detemination was PK who made a couple of from the back moves. 

For Swindon.

Their whole team did well, bar Davey.

For Poole

Kurtz was completely off the pace. Never seen him so bad.

Woryna did Ok but struggled with racing lines.

Josh G missed the gate twice and then took a purler trying to get second. Bad night.

Sundstrom looks a bit lightweight.

PK showed class. 

Spanner was good. Battled to paid ten.

Shanes found it tough. Took a heavy fall trying to make a pass, bruised but ok.

One of those nights where one team clicks all together, and the other has a mare.

Well done again to Swindon who deserved their win.

Video of conference to come.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

What can I say out trapped and out classes tonight. Apart from PK the rest of the heat leaders went awol! How Brady can look such class last week then 3+1 tonight! Josh first 2 rides very poor too. Wake up call I hope. Well done to Rosco and the Robins, great win for them! And thank to PK for entertaining us with some great racing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

To the over cocky Poole fans (you know who you are) - your boys took one helluva beating! Maybe your mighty team isn't as good as you thought it was and hopefully you have come back down to earth with an almighty bang!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Well done to the Robins - you certainly showed those pesky pie rats!  Every other teams fans will also enjoy this moment!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

There's no accounting for bad winners!!

Come on, Robins fans, it’s only an hour and a half down to Poole and there’s still time to see Brady Kurtz complete a lap. :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You are like a child!! 'They started it...'

No I’m not bless you. 

Tell you what have a read back over everything then get back to me.

I simply said in the UK in 2017 Morris was better than Kurtz

Not my fault if a few of your stupid fans want to keep bringing it up that I said something different.

But it’s funny how they have gone oh so quiet 

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Err, sorry, everyone I was wrong. Apparently they’re still afloat. Shovy’s been seen rowing a boat, with Starman, Fraud and Muddlo, on their way to Rome. :)

Your  a week early. I am flying to Venice next Thursday.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There's no accounting for bad winners!!

:P:):approve:  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your  a week early. I am flying to Venice next Thursday.

Best get the train to the Vatican for a selfie with the Pope so we can all read the headline: “Gloatiness is next to Godliness” :)

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Now the Poole mafia might realise that Nick is better than Brady

If Nick is so good why is he still riding in the league below?