British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

On 4/15/2018 at 8:45 PM, Crazy robin said:

Anything less than a 10 point home win will be a surprise as the reserves will clean up.

As already said just like last season Swindon will need a team change to stand any chance of a play off place.

If Poole don’t win the league this season then it will be a choke.

Hang on that was the same as last season & look what happened.

what you know about speedway can be written on the back of a postage stamp with a marker pen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back after witnessing the press conference which I filmed and will chuck up on youtube shortly.

First of all well done to Swindon who gave us a master class in gating. They were two bike lengths quicker out of the gate in virtually every heat. At first I put it down to having 2 and 4, which were working very well. But by the time we got on them the Swindon boys were dialled in and it made very little difference. In virtually every heat Swindon got to the first bend in front and we were just chasing shadows. 

The track is now nice and smooth but the racing lines have vanished. Morris gated superbly, held the inside and that was that. A terrible terrible meeting to watch (unless you were one of the 4 Swindon fans I witnessed who made the trip down. Only person who showed true grit and detemination was PK who made a couple of from the back moves. 

For Swindon.

Their whole team did well, bar Davey.

For Poole

Kurtz was completely off the pace. Never seen him so bad.  1/10

Woryna did Ok but struggled with racing lines. 6/10

Josh G missed the gate twice and then took a purler trying to get second. Bad night. 1/10

Sundstrom looks a bit lightweight. 6/10

PK showed class. 8/10

Spanner was good. Battled to paid ten. 7/10

Shanes found it tough. Took a heavy fall trying to make a pass, bruised but ok. 6/10

One of those nights where one team clicks all together, and the other has a mare.

Well done again to Swindon who deserved their win.

Video of conference to come.

About right ??

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Nick is so good why is he still riding in the league below?

Because he is allowed to. Which he shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Pride comes before a fall for so many Poole fans that’s why people are enjoying this.

when you get the usual suspects going on and on before the season starts about how good the team is , then this is such fun.

I think Timo Lahti and Eddie can come in if needed 

Oh Gavan keep it realistic, Ed is riding for Rye isn't he??

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surely the better question would be, why is Brady Kurtz riding in the Premiership?

• Haha 2

Didn't see this result coming, congrats Robins.

Saw a comment earlier against Szczepaniak. I watched him at BV Monday night & thought he rode well, done well again tonight in an ultimately lost cause, good signing imo.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

More meetings, it is his decision to do things that way and it seems to be working so if he carries on like he has started, good for him.     

Edited by A ORLOV

no excuses tonight, no one could gate all night, never mind onwards and upwards, it's only April

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

No I’m not bless you. 

Tell you what have a read back over everything then get back to me.

I simply said in the UK in 2017 Morris was better than Kurtz

Not my fault if a few of your stupid fans want to keep bringing it up that I said something different.

But it’s funny how they have gone oh so quiet 

Read over everything, you are having a bloody laugh aren't you. I have a life you know and believe it or not most of the time it doesn't include reading your crap!!

4 minutes ago, mikec said:

Didn't see this result coming, congrats Robins.

Saw a comment earlier against Szczepaniak. I watched him at BV Monday night & thought he rode well, done well again tonight in an ultimately lost cause, good signing imo.

He’s very solid and will up his average no problem.

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Because he is allowed to. Which he shouldn't be.

Surely riding in Poland and Sweden is more benefical though. Lakeside isn't really going to progress his career.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Surely riding in Poland and Sweden is more benefical though. Lakeside isn't really going to progress his career.

Err, Lisa, did you check his score tonight?

Sundstrom stay's then we can forget about winning the league. Needs to go. We are going to carry Shanes as it is this year cant afford another passenger.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Err, Lisa, did you check his score tonight?

Yes but compared to other countries UK speedway doesn't really progress your career much, riding regularly in Poland would get him more ready for GP's and stuff.

Oh and before I sound like a complete meanie and anti-Nick Morris, he did amazing tonight, out of interest was it 14+1 or just 14?

Edited by lisa-colette