British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not all Poole fans.But some are win at all costs,as is Matt Ford...........

I have no complaints, we were pretty much beaten in all departments tonight, the track was the same for both sides,  Swindon Gated and wanted it more, i like all poole fans am very dissapointed,  but its one meeting, and the new boys still havnt really had the chance to get to grips with the track but might be the wake up call the team want. I think this is a meeting and result we should take a lot from and hopefully learn from. And i think it would be pretty safe to say it wont happen again,. Josh looked pretty sore in the pits and James has a lot of bruising. Swindon did well, and fair play to them. I did say dear old uncle Rosco brings his side down and they would be ready, except in the main ours didnt turn up.

Maybe Poole need to look to Poland? There was a promising young lad who scored 12 for Torun at the weekend. Goes by the name of Chris Holder...

Perhaps they should give third division rider Greg Hancock a call.....

.....to see if any kids in that league need some paid practice....

I'm sure it's a one-off tonight, but that doesn't take away the pleasure of seeing the complacent boasting followed by a pratfall. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s very solid and will up his average no problem.

And if he does will most likely get dumped next season,what's the point?

2 hours ago, noggin said:

Once when 10 behind I believe, between heats 5-11

It’s only once when 6 points behind and between heats 5-14.

Congratulations to Swindon, fantastic team performance tonight. Poole weren’t even in the same league.

Wasn’t impressed with the signing of Sundstrom over Hans in the first place, but after tonight when he could only just beat the Swindon reserves......Wow what a great signing Mr Ford, well worth the long wait for the Polish rules to be relaxed...........NOT!!!!

This Poole team won’t make the top 6 unless changes are made, they ain’t good enough!!

• Like 1

On 14/04/2018 at 6:26 PM, YerRopes said:

Probably yet another victory for the Robins down in deepest darkest Dorset.

Poole 44-46 Swindon :D

As predicted another win at Wimborne Road for the Rockinest Robins :t:

Hard lines Poole..

The best team won by a country mile..:drink:

You do have to wonder, are Poole reducing averages already? 

• Like 1

Well that was unexpected. 

Fair play to the robbins. 

Love the panic that is spreading throughout Poole fans. 3 meetings guy 3. Not 13 not 23. 3 meetings. 

Lets just wait and see. As Middlo has put on Twitter it’s april!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

You do have to wonder, are Poole reducing averages already? 

This is possible. It was all too easy.

3 hours ago, scottyfan said:

It’s only once when 6 points behind and between heats 5-14.

Heats 5-14 inclusive, but excluding Heat 8

• Like 2

A great win for the Robins but one thing i will say is don't write this Poole team off yet can Ford get a reaction.Look the side has a exciting look about it and i will judge them  more when Chris is back so you Poole fans don't be to dispirited.

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think Rickardsson would waste his time on anyone who is 'average'.

Well Rickardsson did take Anders Mellgren under his wing and how good was he?

5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Well that was unexpected. 

Fair play to the robbins. 

Love the panic that is spreading throughout Poole fans. 3 meetings guy 3. Not 13 not 23. 3 meetings. 

Lets just wait and see. As Middlo has put on Twitter it’s april!! 

Absolutely, it's all about peaking in September and that's something Poole are traditionally good at. To be fair it's only a couple of Poole people getting their knickers in a twist. And there is a lot of ribbing because of how good your team looks and because of the trumpeting from some of your fans.

At the end of the day it's best to get these results out of the way early on. One would like to think that comments about average fiddling are wide of the mark.

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your  a week early. I am flying to Venice next Thursday.

If Poole keep chucking in these type of performances on a regular basis it won’t take long for you to have toured the whole of Italy.

After last season, there can’t be many places left?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

About right ??

Disagree with Steve's rating of Sundstrom, I would have given him 3. 

I know it is early days and whether it was track, set ups or what but Swindon got it right not by a bit but by a distance and we never learnt. We, with exception of PK looked like a Champinship side., certainly 5 of Swindon'sside ride in the Championship. Yes,  and what a joke, Morris riding in the Championship when he's a No. 1 in the Premiership.

IF and its a big, IF PK is prepared to do the season, LS needs to buck is ideas up.