British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Look at my original post. No ratings out of ten. 

No but the one I copied & pasted did hence my comment!!!

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Then please read my above post on last page. Altunatively go and speak to Glyn, perhaps you can put him right where he's going wrong..

Where did I say he is going wrong I never if you enjoyed that last night as a speedway spectacle then you are easily pleased when read people's post you only read what you want to ?

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

Where did I say he is going wrong I never if you enjoyed that last night as a speedway spectacle then you are easily pleased when read people's post you only read what you want to ?

Clearly, you didnt read my post late last night..

No need for Poole fans to panic or be looking for the head of Middlo.  Just one of those freak results that happen from time to time.   If The track has had all this work down on it then it would surely be a new experience for the Poole riders who would be more use to the rutted uneven surface of the last few years.   Once Holder is back and replacing and improving on  14 point Kilderman than all will be well.

1 hour ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Thanks for uploading Steve.

I thought Killer's answer to my question about the gating issues was a little hollow (their sharpness), but I'm no rider, so will give the lads the benefit of doubt. But in all honesty, its the same for all other riders - it's been raining everywhere causing rain offs!

He also dodged my comment about his availability eh! I've never been his biggest fan as I've often felt he can dish out the hard riding but goes down a little easy, but he was exceptional last night and the effort he put in was above and beyond what can be expected from a temporary signed on a poor track in a home defeat when the meeting was done and dusted. So re-assessing my opinion of him somewhat. His efforts justified the entry fee in an otherwise dismal meeting for Poole fans.

Reflecting on the Poole team and state of affairs, it's far too early to suggest making changes and sacking people. The bookies have made Poole the 6/4 favourites to win the league for a reason. I wouldn't want to single out any rider yet as deserving of blame. It's a team sport and what I've seen so far is a Pirates team being given a lesson in gating in each meeting so far...

Ross, Poole are still favourites but 3/1 avaialable.

IMO its not just gating ability, its setup-they need a setup primarliy for quick starting as not a lot of overtaking is happening at present-this may change.

I've been attending best part of 50 years and enjoy good speedway, win or lose but preferably the former, but last night was not good speedway for watching, apart fro losing it was pretty boring,follow the leader with the exception of PK & AE

4 minutes ago, semion said:

No need for Poole fans to panic or be looking for the head of Middlo.  Just one of those freak results that happen from time to time.   If The track has had all this work down on it then it would surely be a new experience for the Poole riders who would be more use to the rutted uneven surface of the last few years.   Once Holder is back and replacing and improving on  14 point Kilderman than all will be well.

Why Middlo's head, he doesn't ride the bikes or set up engines?

Really think a lot of this was down to the track. The riders aren't firing on all cylinders yet, but I'd go looking at the track before you start chopping riders. Honestly, the track was awful last night. 

5 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Really think a lot of this was down to the track. The riders aren't firing on all cylinders yet, but I'd go looking at the track before you start chopping riders. Honestly, the track was awful last night. 

Swindon didn't find it too bad!!!

• Like 1

Whats with all this headhunting? I very much doubt if either Brady or Josh will have such a mare again this season. Let alone on the same night.

Bad result for sure.Just a little tweaking for the track and riders. We will be up there when it really matters.

Up the Pirates! ;-)

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

Well I just got home from Poole and I have to say I really enjoyed the trip. The meeting may not have been the best ever, but we were treated to one or two superb rides. Swindon were far superior on the night and thoroughly deserved their win, which everyone acknowledged with good grace. I was particularly struck by the size of the crowd, which was a lot better than the numbers we get at Lakeside. I also cannot imagine Jon Cook and co doing a public post match press conference, which I think is a terrific way to increase fan involvement in the club.

I want to say a big thank you for the wonderful warm welcome I received. I spoke to lots of Poole fans, including several forum members, and I can say that every single one was friendly and good company.

The recommended Lakeside fish and chips was excellent too.

I wonder where Matt Ford pinched that idea from :lol:

All they need to do now is copy the Aces and Colts and show it live on Facebook. That way anybody can view it when best suits them. What Manchester does today Poole do two seasons later.

I don't get this calling for team changes now. I'm sure Poole will come good just give them time to settle down.

Edited by Aces51

Just now, Aces51 said:

I wonder where Matt Ford pinched that idea from :lol:

Oxford circa 2005?

7 minutes ago, MattK said:

Oxford circa 2005?

Quite. I always enjoyed the Oxford press conferences, and that is where this idea comes from as far as I know. I think it was Waggy who introduced them.

First chance to get on the forum since last night. What a disappointment for Pirate fans. Pirates were well beaten by the Robins in virtually every department - aside from PK (and he's a Swindon asset!!:P).

I congratulated Rosco last night and don't think I can add anything else to this thread other than to question all the flack about Linus?!  At least he scored in every race albeit against 'less-skilled' riders.

Incidentally Glyn Taylor spent some considerable time pre-meeting chatting to some of the sponsors. In his opinion the track has several racing lines - even though they weren't apparent last night. The track prep was very different to last week due to the weather so maybe Glyn needs to sit down with the Poole riders and explain how their set-ups should be.

Anyway haven't heard how Josh G is after his crash. Hope he's not injured - although if MF needs to make a temporary replacement, he has one ready made for another 28 days at least!!

Wonder if Poole are already average fixing 

58 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

Why Middlo's head, he doesn't ride the bikes or set up engines?

Football managers dont kick the balls but they get tbe sack ;)