British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

Football managers dont kick the balls but they get tbe sack ;)

True butthis isn't football!

I didn't realise that Nigel Wagstaff invented press conferences back in 2005! It's a wonder Oxford folded with such a forward-thinker!!

“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of coloured glass that have been in use through all the ages.” - Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Hmm, i dont really get what your saying here. The walk on music has been brought back for the 70th aniversary, and the reaction from fans has been very positive its jolly and uplifting. As for the post meeting conference, its a good idea, and very well attended, but its great when you win, good vibes and banter flying around, but its very difficult when you have a loss, thats the down side. Personally, i do feel the post meeting conference happens a bit to quickly after the meeting, and does not give enough time for track staff to attend, perhaps it could be staggered 10 mins or so, i appreciate that riders want to get on, but its all part of the show,.
The meeting sponsors are never, left alone, Bev may or a representative is always, with them, you may not notice that. H/S depicts this is the case..

i didnt say the sponsors were "left alone" i wrote they were "virtually on their own",also i dont get what your saying when you say you dont get what im saying,i will write slower for you!!

8 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i didnt say the sponsors were "left alone" i wrote they were "virtually on their own",also i dont get what your saying when you say you dont get what im saying,i will write slower for you!!

Got a feeling he got your post and my post mixed up because i haven't got a clue when he answer me ?

• Like 1

Speedway should be marketed as an extreme sport, not a family sport or anything of the like. When you hear the intro music being described as 'jolly' it really does make you cringe.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Speedway should be marketed as an extreme sport, not a family sport or anything of the like. When you hear the intro music being described as 'jolly' it really does make you cringe.

It is flipping extreme, can you imagine doing it, not me!! 

I quite like the old school walkout and music! I miss some of the tunes we used to belt out back in the 90's! We had that little ditty they played just before the start of every race, and then slapped on some Tina Turner "simply the best" for the post-match parade!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

First chance to get on the forum since last night. What a disappointment for Pirate fans. Pirates were well beaten by the Robins in virtually every department - aside from PK (and he's a Swindon asset!!:P).

I congratulated Rosco last night and don't think I can add anything else to this thread other than to question all the flack about Linus?!  At least he scored in every race albeit against 'less-skilled' riders.

Incidentally Glyn Taylor spent some considerable time pre-meeting chatting to some of the sponsors. In his opinion the track has several racing lines - even though they weren't apparent last night. The track prep was very different to last week due to the weather so maybe Glyn needs to sit down with the Poole riders and explain how their set-ups should be.

Anyway haven't heard how Josh G is after his crash. Hope he's not injured - although if MF needs to make a temporary replacement, he has one ready made for another 28 days at least!!

Just to set the record straight . I did not speak to any sponsors last night. The track is still  soft in parts so it very difficult to water on such a warm and windy day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I quite like the old school walkout and music! I miss some of the tunes we used to belt out back in the 90's! We had that little ditty they played just before the start of every race, and then slapped on some Tina Turner "simply the best" for the post-match parade!

Not many posts on here make me laugh out loud, but this one did... Bravo :D

• Like 1

In a shock move Poole have been granted permission to use Greg Hancock on a assessed 2.00 average as a replacement for James Shanes. A BSPA spokesman said `due to Pooles poor start to the season & Greg being away from the premier league for a few seasons it is only fair to allow this move in the best interests of the sport.    #cheats never prosper.

Whilst I know I’ll be accused of posting a wind up again, I’d just like to say I’m sorry to here that the track was gate & go again, I’m glad to see PK bolster the side in place of Holder as the score would have been worse and I still think a full strength Aces team would have won last week in much the same way as the Swindon full strength team did. 

50 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

its the final countdown was a regular in them days

45 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

In a shock move Poole have been granted permission to use Greg Hancock on a assessed 2.00 average as a replacement for James Shanes. A BSPA spokesman said `due to Pooles poor start to the season & Greg being away from the premier league for a few seasons it is only fair to allow this move in the best interests of the sport.    #cheats never prosper.

You really are a pathetic troll. Please do us a favour and stay off the forum as you have nothing intelligent to say.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ouch said:

Whilst I know I’ll be accused of posting a wind up again, I’d just like to say I’m sorry to here that the track was gate & go again, I’m glad to see PK bolster the side in place of Holder as the score would have been worse and I still think a full strength Aces team would have won last week in much the same way as the Swindon full strength team did. 

Track seemed worse this week, probably as having been so wet you could excuse the Belle Vue match. 

As for the result in the Belle Vue match, the gating dominance shown by Belle Vue for the first four heats wasn't sustained like Swindon did as the meeting progressed. Also the Aces' lead was helped by Spanner's EF when leading a 5-1, and Woryna being baulked when avoiding a Starke lock-up (3rd on a 4-2, to last) was a swing from being a Poole 10-3 lead, to being a Belle Vue 7-5 advantage after just two heats.

After Heat 4, Poole outscored Belle Vue 42-24. I'm not convinced that Cook and Worrall would have made enough of a difference personally...

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

its the final countdown was a regular in them days

I know the Final Countdown!! Haha! I'm thinking of the bugle-esque tune as they came up to tapes. I'll do some research and come back to you