British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

That 1940’s marching music the riders come out to at the moment is an embarrassment that needs to be binned. Now. 

Don’t know what the tune is called but it’s worse than the crap Coventry came out to for years. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I know the Final Countdown!! Haha! I'm thinking of the bugle-esque tune as they came up to tapes. I'll do some research and come back to you

Yes I remember what you mean now

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That 1940’s marching music the riders come out to at the moment is an embarrassment that needs to be binned. Now. 

Don’t know what the tune is called but it’s worse than the crap Coventry came out to for years. 

It's a nostalgia year live with it and enjoy :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I quite like the old school walkout and music! I miss some of the tunes we used to belt out back in the 90's! We had that little ditty they played just before the start of every race, and then slapped on some Tina Turner "simply the best" for the post-match parade!

Pop up to Swindon if you want to hear “Simply The Best” again. :)

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

i didnt say the sponsors were "left alone" i wrote they were "virtually on their own",also i dont get what your saying when you say you dont get what im saying,i will write slower for you!!

Good idea. Yeh things work slower for me..

• Like 1

How about “Don’t You Want Me, Brady?” :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, speedflash said:

Just to set the record straight . I did not speak to any sponsors last night. The track is still  soft in parts so it very difficult to water on such a warm and windy day.

Apologies. As a sponsor myself I was advised by a fellow sponsor that such a conversation had taken place.  I presumed it was prior to the meeting but maybe it was on an earlier occasion.  In any case I had no issue with the watering, it was the number of racing lines that was being suggested.

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back after witnessing the press conference which I filmed and will chuck up on youtube shortly.

First of all well done to Swindon who gave us a master class in gating. They were two bike lengths quicker out of the gate in virtually every heat. At first I put it down to having 2 and 4, which were working very well. But by the time we got on them the Swindon boys were dialled in and it made very little difference. In virtually every heat Swindon got to the first bend in front and we were just chasing shadows. 

The track is now nice and smooth but the racing lines have vanished. Morris gated superbly, held the inside and that was that. A terrible terrible meeting to watch (unless you were one of the 4 Swindon fans I witnessed who made the trip down. Only person who showed true grit and detemination was PK who made a couple of from the back moves. 

For Swindon.

Their whole team did well, bar Davey.

For Poole

Kurtz was completely off the pace. Never seen him so bad.

Woryna did Ok but struggled with racing lines.

Josh G missed the gate twice and then took a purler trying to get second. Bad night.

Sundstrom looks a bit lightweight.

PK showed class. 

Spanner was good. Battled to paid ten.

Shanes found it tough. Took a heavy fall trying to make a pass, bruised but ok.

One of those nights where one team clicks all together, and the other has a mare.

Well done again to Swindon who deserved their win.

Video of conference to come.

fair post, respect!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Got a feeling he got your post and my post mixed up because i haven't got a clue when he answer me ?

As i said, clearly, you didnt read my post last night, but you obviouly skipped that bit. What suits springs to mind..;)

Edited by Starman2006

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

i didnt say the sponsors were "left alone" i wrote they were "virtually on their own",also i dont get what your saying when you say you dont get what im saying,i will write slower for you!!

Now Glyn has set the record straight for you on several fronts. I do hope that helps. Thank you Glyn.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, OFMiles said:

Swindon didn't find it too bad!!!

Swindon didn't overtake a single rider, it was all gating. If your idea of a good speedway match is first out of the gate then we might as well get rid of the other 3 and a half laps, would certainly save a lot of money! I'm not saying Swindon didn't deserve the win, I'm saying that it was almost impossible to overtake. There was one line and that was it. All of Swindon's points came from the gate. I think Kildemand was the only rider to overtake anybody all night long.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yeah I couldn't agree more, makes it look so out of touch. It needs a good grimey electronic dubstep track to go with the dirty, fast, no brakes, no fear image. And what happened to music before the heats? Eye of the tiger used to be a decent opener.