British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

51 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Yeah I couldn't agree more, makes it look so out of touch. It needs a good grimey electronic dubstep track to go with the dirty, fast, no brakes, no fear image. And what happened to music before the heats? Eye of the tiger used to be a decent opener.

Wouldn’t ‘Help’ by The Beatles be more appropriate?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That 1940’s marching music the riders come out to at the moment is an embarrassment that needs to be binned. Now. 

Don’t know what the tune is called but it’s worse than the crap Coventry came out to for years. 

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FU40OIESDwlU&h=ATM_y9wCJL704k1vGSqQw4EXouywkFflBJnyUFEK1MDYe5Ogr_FBIq-Yx_Yb5NU2YeZKSIEOmvo1i3KSuJpnm_Dv2WOSAmpML83U-IsA-E4yoDUd2oseNbNC

Don't you remember this in the 70s Steve?   I love it .! 

Edited by Mr X

9 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Wouldn’t ‘Help’ by The Beatles be more appropriate?

Or Yesterday!

16 hours ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I know the Final Countdown!! Haha! I'm thinking of the bugle-esque tune as they came up to tapes. I'll do some research and come back to you

Final countdown. Europe 1985..

11 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Swindon didn't overtake a single rider, it was all gating. If your idea of a good speedway match is first out of the gate then we might as well get rid of the other 3 and a half laps, would certainly save a lot of money! I'm not saying Swindon didn't deserve the win, I'm saying that it was almost impossible to overtake. There was one line and that was it. All of Swindon's points came from the gate. I think Kildemand was the only rider to overtake anybody all night long.

Not correct according to people who were there and updates

Heat 7 - PK passed Batch

Heat 10 - Batch passed Woryna and Ellis passed both Woryna and Kurtz ( now correct me if im wrong but they are both Swindon riders?)

Heat 13 - PK passed Morris and Musielek

Heat 14 -  Ellis passed both MS and Sundstrom (again im sure Ellis is a Swindon rider)

Heat 15 - PK passed Batch

Now correct me if im wrong thats 2 Swindon riders who made passes and only 1 Poole rider.

I gather it was gaters paradise but if 2 Swindon riders can pass its a bit poor that only 1 Poole rider can manage it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Not correct according to people who were there and updates

Heat 7 - PK passed Batch

Heat 10 - Batch passed Woryna and Ellis passed both Woryna and Kurtz ( now correct me if im wrong but they are both Swindon riders?)

Heat 13 - PK passed Morris and Musielek

Heat 14 -  Ellis passed both MS and Sundstrom (again im sure Ellis is a Swindon rider)

Heat 15 - PK passed Batch

Now correct me if im wrong thats 2 Swindon riders who made passes and only 1 Poole rider.

I gather it was gaters paradise but if 2 Swindon riders can pass its a bit poor that only 1 Poole rider can manage it

Depends if you class first and second bend as passing.

Heat ten Batchelor had the run off the second bend down the back straight. Ellis did pass Woryna up the inside of bend two lap 2. Kurtz was always at the back.

Heat 14 both Poole riders got either side of Ellis but he had the run down the back straight into third bend. No pass.

So I recall the only pass a Swindon rider made after second band was Ellis on Woryna.

It really was a meeting of little entertainment, the same as Monday at Belle Vue. Little to no passing in either meetings.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I love how Gavan can yammer on about Steve's opinion on things when he wasn't there, be it a match or the weather, yet he is allowed to make his own assessments about things he wasn't there to directly see. Such a hypocrite and troll.

Please note that there have been pleasant conversations and some reminiscing on this thread between fans of opposing teams over the last few days after we got the 'laugh at Poole losing at home' vibe out the way. Take your antagonistic and trolling ways elsewhere Gavan. You're not welcome here. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

I love how Gavan can yammer on about Steve's opinion on things when he wasn't there, be it a match or the weather, yet he is allowed to make his own assessments about things he wasn't there to directly see. Such a hypocrite and troll.

Please note that there have been pleasant conversations and some reminiscing on this thread between fans of opposing teams over the last few days after we got the 'laugh at Poole losing at home' vibe out the way. Take your antagonistic and trolling ways elsewhere Gavan. You're not welcome here. 

Shut up

It was Burntfaceman that made the remark about lack of passing from Swindon riders not Shovlar

I merely pointed out that from updates it seemed only 3 riders made passes, PK, Ellis and Batchelor and i merely pointed out 2 of those were Swindon riders.

Shovlar to be fair posted a post saying that most of the passes were in the first and second bend. Neither me or Shovlar wrote anything antagonistic to each other.

I didnt 'yammer on' about Steves opinion. Pretty obvious the track was poor with a lack of passing. My response was to Burntfaceman saying that no Swindon riders did any passing when they did. Pretty fed up with everything i write being jumped on by morons like you

• Like 2

Swindon seemed a lot more at home on the track than Poole.

Cannot use track as an excuse, Poole were poor but also Swindon did look good.

Dont matter which way we look at it our boys was not up to the task in hand and move on . could very well be tough times ahrad for this team if changes are necessary will matt wait as long has did last season doubt it ?

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont matter which way we look at it our boys was not up to the task in hand and move on . could very well be tough times ahrad for this team if changes are necessary will matt wait as long has did last season doubt it ?

Its a bit early to be talking about changes.  Riders have bad nights sometimes - hopefully not all on the same night.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Its a bit early to be talking about changes.  Riders have bad nights sometimes - hopefully not all on the same night.

I did put the word if ?

Ridiculous to start talking about team changes.

Regardless of this result Poole still have strongest team in the league as a season of racing will show. Five new riders on a track that they are not familiar with means they are riding on it without home advantage, which will build up over the folowing weeks.

And if Matt makes and changes we will become even stronger.

Absolutely nothing to get stressed or worry about. 

It is way to early for any club to start talking about changes but how far do you let things go?

At Ipswich so far Covatti and Heeps have been awful. Nico is coming back from a season out and Cam was flying last year. But they had an awful track to contend with at home to Peterborough which didnt suit racers, and then going to Lakeside which they both hate. Im sure my club will stand by them.

As i said at the start of the season there was a lot of risks in this 1-7. The risks were if the Poles could produce their form, If Linus came back as strong as was, If Holder was still up to it.

So far Poole have had a big success in Kildemand. There is no way Holder can do any better than PK so as long as he gets the same thats fine.

The Poles have done their job i would say but nothing spectacular and with the way the team is built so to is Shanes.

The problem with Poole is Brady so far has not lived up to his number one status. A maximum in the first meeting against a team missing their 2 best riders at Poole and a third heat leader in Fricke who doesnt go that well at Poole, masking over poor returns in his next 2 matches. I dont care how bad the track is a number one cant get 3 at home.

Sundstrom to has shown nothing like he can do.

The Poles havent yet got going really, Woryna managing only 6, 6 and 5. To be honest thats what i pretty much expected but we were told he would be a heat leader.

Im sure it will come right but as i said lots of risks before a wheel was turned and to me those risks are still there