British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

And it was way to early bigging up a team that let you down big style on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And it was way to early bigging up a team that let you down big style on Wednesday. 

SB why don't you start the Wolves v Pirates thread so you can continue comments about Poole underperforming??!!;)

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

SB why don't you start the Wolves v Pirates thread so you can continue comments about Poole underperforming??!!;)

Because it's this meeting that Poole underperformed. ;)

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Because it's this meeting that Poole underperformed. ;)

But surely Steve, you have your own team to worry about..

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But surely Steve, you have your own team to worry about..

No need to worry when you are unbeaten. ;)

I worry about all others teams as they can push us out of a play off place.

That's why we have a forum to comment on other teams too. :t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No need to worry when you are unbeaten. ;)

I worry about all others teams as they can push us out of a play off place.

That's why we have a forum to comment on other teams too. :t:

But you like many others are always on the poole threads. I takre it you are all closit poole fans. Nice that we are so  popular..;)

Just now, Starman2006 said:

But you like many others are always on the poole threads. I takre it you are all closit poole fans. Nice that we are so  popular..;)

I visit all threads equally. Not biased here. ;)

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I visit all threads equally. Not biased here. ;)

Blimey, I can just about keep up with the Poole ones!! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Blimey, I can just about keep up with the Poole ones!! 

:D

14 hours ago, Gavan said:

Not correct according to people who were there and updates

Heat 7 - PK passed Batch

Heat 10 - Batch passed Woryna and Ellis passed both Woryna and Kurtz ( now correct me if im wrong but they are both Swindon riders?)

Heat 13 - PK passed Morris and Musielek

Heat 14 -  Ellis passed both MS and Sundstrom (again im sure Ellis is a Swindon rider)

Heat 15 - PK passed Batch

Now correct me if im wrong thats 2 Swindon riders who made passes and only 1 Poole rider.

I gather it was gaters paradise but if 2 Swindon riders can pass its a bit poor that only 1 Poole rider can manage it

I was there. You were sitting behind your keyboard posting on swinger forums and w*nking over Poole. The "passes" you refer to are 1st and 2nd bend, which if you were a real supporter, you'd acknowledge that these were based almost purely on the gating and had little to do with on track passes. If you do think they were real passes then we might as well get rid of the other 3 laps, it would certainly save a lot of money. The track was sh*t and had 1 line. You can't race with one line, just like you can't call somebody if only one of you has a phone.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

5 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I was there. You were sitting behind your keyboard posting on swinger forums and w*nking over Poole. The "passes" you refer to are 1st and 2nd bend, which if you were a real supporter, you'd acknowledge were not passes. If you do think they were real passes then we might as well get rid of the other 3 laps, it would certainly save a lot of money. The track was sh*t and had 1 line. You can't race with one line, just like you can't call somebody if only one of you has a phone.

With respect, liveupdates gave a slightly different tone - don't get me wrong Gavan is a pillock of the highest order but updates didn't read exactly as you say.

Anyway.

Cheers

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

With respect, liveupdates gave a slightly different tone - don't get me wrong Gavan is a pillock of the highest order but updates didn't read exactly as you say.

Anyway.

Cheers

Peter Kildemand was the only rider to pass outside of 1 and 2 on the first laps (and even then it was only in the first heat after grading and track staff pulling all they could onto the outside line). If 13 out of 14 riders can't pass, then there is definitely something up with the track. The live updates are definitely misleading. That's not to say that Swindon wouldn't have hammered us either way, they were the riders to beat, in particular Nick Morris and Troy Batchelor were very fierce and the Swindon lot were gating like champs, but to pretend that the track was decent and Poole just couldn't get to grips with it is fantasy. There was 1 line and the gaters had first dibs on it. The Poole riders were all over the track looking for grip, but any slight deviation from inside-middle to middle line were huge "no mans land" speed scrubbers.

I'd rather lose every meeting and have unpredictable heats, than 52 and a half laps of follow the leader every meeting.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Depends if you class first and second bend as passing.

Heat ten Batchelor had the run off the second bend down the back straight. Ellis did pass Woryna up the inside of bend two lap 2. Kurtz was always at the back.

Heat 14 both Poole riders got either side of Ellis but he had the run down the back straight into third bend. No pass.

So I recall the only pass a Swindon rider made after second band was Ellis on Woryna.

It really was a meeting of little entertainment, the same as Monday at Belle Vue. Little to no passing in either meetings.

You should have been at Swindon Thursday night, sounds like you were entertained with some racing compared with the rubbish dished up there!!!

IMO half a dozen meetings is a reasonable amount of time for a speedway rider to 'get going'. Replacing them after any less is a bit hasty.