British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon SGB Prem A. 18th April 2018

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Thought Bellego was supposed to be rubbish lol.

Kind of embarrassing really for Poole even more so when the best rider in Kildemand is leaving soon!

Even if Poole come back and win it shows the frailties in their side

Perhaps Swindon aren't as crap as the so called experts here think, early season yet, so taking nothing for granted.

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I bet there are loads of Swindon fans on here regretting not making the trip down here tonight. 

Let me tell you that the Robins have given Poole a lesson in gating and deservedly are smashing us. Brady doing wheelies at the back sums up our efforts as Swindon took an early lead with the gate advantage of 2 and 4 (gifted to them) and never looked back. 

Well done to them. 

Our track might be smoother but racing has been dire. 

Tbh I think we are just over hyped and overrated now. Lost to a patched up BV side. Getting our backsides handed to us tonight. 

Sundstrom is a poor poor signing and needs to be dropped asap. Riding at No.4 and he still struggles. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You know what Gavan. I agree with everything you have said lol. 

Sundstrom is one of the most overrated riders in the world. Shanes is out of his depth and shouldn't have been signed this season with the new rules.

Like you said our best rider in Kildemand is leaving. 

Not sure how you can single out a young rider on a 2.95 ave.

You worries should be pointed at others.

Although knowing Poole they'll axe him for another Pole even though he most probably he will increase his average, albeit only slightly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I bet there are loads of Swindon fans on here regretting not making the trip down here tonight. 

Let me tell you that the Robins have given Poole a lesson in gating and deservedly are smashing us. Brady doing wheelies at the back sums up our efforts as Swindon took an early lead with the gate advantage of 2 and 4 (gifted to them) and never looked back. 

Well done to them. 

Fair play Shov. Honest

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to them. 

This track is poorer than last week kildermand the only one here tonight 

Just now, tyke said:

Not sure how you can single out a young rider on a 2.95 ave.

You worries should be pointed at others.

Although knowing Poole they'll axe him for another Pole even though he most probably he will increase his average, albeit only slightly

I'm not giving James any stick. Just saying he shouldn't have been signed with the standard of reserves this season.

Its been men against boys out of the starts. 

Looking forward to the press conference later.  Going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Anyway lets get back to the subject in hand. Poole 55. Swindon 35. Poole reserves to outscore ours by at least 15

This reply hasnt aged well

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Tbh I think we are just over hyped and overrated now. Lost to a patched up BV side. Getting our backsides handed to us tonight. 

Sundstrom is a poor poor signing and needs to be dropped asap. Riding at No.4 and he still struggles. 

Sundstrom looked really promising a few years back, hasn't kicked on, shame really.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Its been men against boys out of the starts. 

Looking forward to the press conference later.  Going to be interesting. 

Don't know why anyone wants to listen to the excuses. Making an average team look like a Polish world cup side.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Knee jerk reaction after a couple of meetings imho.

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Knee jerk reaction after a couple of meetings imho.

BV were weakened with no Worrall and we lost.

Swindon have the worst reserve pairing in the league and we are being walked over.

Could Poole have done a tac sub tonight? Gotta admit im not sure about the rule this season.

Edit - Killer out now as a sub

Edited by thecoombdog

Just now, Matt Ford Fan said:

BV were weakened with no Worrall and we lost.

Swindon have the worst reserve pairing in the league and we are being walked over.

But where is they will need to gel and find their set ups. After 2 meetings ?..After 2 meetings lets start dumping riders. Probably only see such comments on a Poole thread;)

7 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Could Poole have done a tac sub tonight? Gotta admit im not sure about the rule this season.

Once when 10 behind I believe, between heats 5-11

Edited by noggin