British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions v Somerset Rebels, Monday 16th April @ 19.30

Doyle decidedly average going by the scores.  Great win for the Lions tho.

And everyone thought it was going to be a close meeting! Great performance by Leicester it would seem and Hans beating the WC a couple of times too.

Thought Somerset would score quite a few more than that.

In contrast to the first meeting of the year a really poor meeting tonight. One semi decent race. That said, Somerset were absolutley terrible this time around, just as I thought they would be last month. The World Champion didn’t look interested after his first race when he got tangled up with Allen. 

Too much messing about at the start by riders, scratching about having a dig, backing up and warming the tyre....and they completly ignore the start marshal as he waves at them and does his best to get them up to tapes. 

Meeting dominated by Lions riders from start to finish in terms of individual races and the meeting overall. 

Hans on top top form and big mention to guest Rob Lambert who was superb in shepherding kyle home with great team riding for a 5-1then coming from third to first to turn a 1-5 into a 3-3. 

I dare say the return will be different on Wednesday but for now we’ll done the Lions

Edited by 1 valve

When looking at the team the Rebels have got, they are totally reliant on Doyle.   He has to score big for them to be competitive.    Last night Leicester were firing on all cylinders and were way  too strong. 

Leicester will have harder nights than this,  but well done on a thumping win....

Edited by g13webb
Used the wrong word.....
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

When looking at the team the Tigers have got, they are totally reliant on Doyle.   He has to score big for them to be competitive.    Last night Leicester were firing on all cylinders and were way  too strong. 

Leicester will have harder nights than this,  but well done on a thumping win....

Who are the Tigers?

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Who are the Tigers?

Sorry ! I was miles away....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Probably due to the bspa allowing Swindon to race on a Thursday rather than the two fixed nights

Probably due to the rule supposed to have been Monday’s & Wednesday right up till the meeting you mean. 

I’d be more than happy for Swindon to stay at Thursday’s in the 2nd tier as they were stitched up.

Wow! What a dull match, Somerset were an absolute shower in the first few races. It was long, drawn out, too many restarts, barely any decent racing to make comment on, the track was too dry and it was blummin cold, about as bad as it gets... And then we get Dave Darcy on the PA telling us to stop speculating on who the new signing is going to be!!! If there was something else to talk about then perhaps we would

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Bee said:

In contrast to the first meeting of the year a really poor meeting tonight. One semi decent race. That said, Somerset were absolutley terrible this time around, just as I thought they would be last month. The World Champion didn’t look interested after his first race when he got tangled up with Allen. 

Too much messing about at the start by riders, scratching about having a dig, backing up and warming the tyre....and they completly ignore the start marshal as he waves at them and does his best to get them up to tapes. 

Just the same at Monmore. Late arrivals at the tapes still gardening while the start er trying to get  them to line up. Waste of time changing the rule unless all tracks have a count down clock.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, g13webb said:

Sorry ! I was miles away....

Up North somewhere? :D

• Like 1

Thought Somerset would nick this with Leicester being weakened. 

But it turns out they are just as rubbish as I said before a wheel was turned. Far too reliant on Jason Doyle. 

Tremendous result but wasn't a good meeting. Somerset were poor, track was very dry, meeting long and drawn out which wasn't helped by lengthy waiting for tapes to be released which was instrumental in 4 warnings and 5 or so restarts.

All 6 lions were good but Lambert, Newman, Pieszczek and in particular Anderson were superb. 

• Like 1