British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Newcastle Vs Scunthorpe (Championship Shield) Sun 15/04/2018

First Newcastle home meeting of the season, wonder how they will all perform on the home track against Scunthorpe?

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to text updates through to the site for this meeting? If anyone can help, please send me a private message with your moblie number?

Thanks Elliot

No I hadn’t but it’s only an hours drive from Berwick for me so might be worth the risk

1 hour ago, beaky11 said:

Any scorpions fans making the trip north (or south in my case) for this ?

Yep just decided, first trip to watch Speedway at Newcastle.... wouldnt have dreamed of doing this last year but finally we have a decent team and a chance, although we dont go well round Newcastle, you never know :)

Oops just seen the weather forecast .... damn ... not worth risking it from North Lincolnshire :(

• Like 1

We still need a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Yep just decided, first trip to watch Speedway at Newcastle.... wouldnt have dreamed of doing this last year but finally we have a decent team and a chance, although we dont go well round Newcastle, you never know :)

Oops just seen the weather forecast .... damn ... not worth risking it from North Lincolnshire :(

Rain on the MetOffice site for Byker, now forecast (50% chance) from 21:00.  So we should be OK.

Lewis Kerr guests for Stevie Worrall at number 1 for the Scorpions.

Anyone in doubt about the meeting, it has just got the red light to go ahead. So get your coat on and get yourself along to Brough for what should be a hugely competitive meeting.

• Like 1

Anyone in doubt about the meeting, it has just got the red light to go ahead. So get your coat on and get yourself along to Brough for what should be a hugely competitive meeting.

Don't you mean Green light? ;)  Bit worrying really  if you think the red light means go when driving. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Don't you mean Green light? ;)  Bit worrying really  if you think the red light means go when driving. :lol:

It's o/k   he's colour blind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

After watching another NUFC win Mr Tsusami was probably delirious so i think we can forgive him this time.

• Like 2

a competitive meeting but the victory didn't even cover up the cracks that are apparent 

Lewis Kerr is hit or miss at Brough and was a real gamble by scunthorpe....... and luckily this was a miss ..... his 5 points from 4 rides cost Scunthorpe the match.

given that people like ricky wells, Richie Worrall, aaron summers were available .... the decision to pick Lewis was baffling to say the least

First time on the track for the Diamonds. Not a bad effort. Why people winge after one meeting baffles me. Give these lads  a chance. My best years following the Diamonds was when we were the Federation Specials and they didn't win much.Just be glad we have speedway . Keep the faith. 

• Like 3

Good result for the Diamonds against a good Scunny team.  I think the result may have been different if they had Stevie or better guest than Kerr, who will probably admit it was not his best Brough performance.  Having said that we could point to points lost by Rose after his fall, as he did not seem the same rider (who can blame him) and Aarnio when it looked like someone forgot to put fuel in the bike for his first ride.  Good points collected by both reserves and Robbo got better as the night went one.  I wonder whether Aarnio and Wethers will be switched around as Aarnio seems to ride a similar line to Ludvig and looked to be getting in his way.  Good performance by Aarnio and think he may be a trump card for us if he continues performances like that.  Great performance by Garrity and I know he is not everyones' favourite but personally I think he is great and top draw.  Love watching him race and would love to see him as a Diamond, Auty impressed me as well, probably one of his better performances around Brough.

Onwards and upwards and Redcar on Thursday, then Berwick on Sat with the Bears on Sunday, should be interesting.

• Like 1

A blueprint for the season I suspect. Creep to a 10 point lead before heat 13 and hope it is enough. It was this time, just.

• Like 1