British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Newcastle Vs Scunthorpe (Championship Shield) Sun 15/04/2018

First trip to Newcastle and was a bit shocked was expecting a bit of a dump the way some go on but i thought it seemed a decent set up. Track was a bit patchy to start but first meeting and dodgy weather so wasn't too bad. A few decent races, I'd be happy enough with it being our track

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bruno said:

First trip to Newcastle and was a bit shocked was expecting a bit of a dump the way some go on but i thought it seemed a decent set up. Track was a bit patchy to start but first meeting and dodgy weather so wasn't too bad. A few decent races, I'd be happy enough with it being our track

"some" only go on when they've had a hiding

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

"some" only go on when they've had a hiding

and,,, shouldn't take any notice of Redcar fans ;)

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

and,,, shouldn't take any notice of Redcar fans ;)

Is that when they talk about the Newcastle track or in general :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

A blueprint for the season I suspect. Creep to a 10 point lead before heat 13 and hope it is enough. It was this time, just.

To be fair Chewy, the opposite scenario last year didn't always work did it. We have what we have, and our strength should be before the heats 13 and 15, but you never know. Crowd was not bad considering the comments on here, and the freezing conditions and the car park was pretty full very early on. The track was as expected, given the water that had to removed from ontop, and squeezed out from within the shale. It actually had to be watered  before the meeting, Jonny and his staff having been very successful in their efforts to get the surface under control. With the threat of rain for about 9.00pm, the track would have been slick to ensure it lasted the the meeting safely. It have a little grading early on but there was never any problem with it. Not the usual grip on the outside for the Ludde type passing but consistent and rideable. Two big crashes, first with Simon  N when his bike seemed to slow very quickly coming out of he second bend. The other crash was when Danny dropped it between the 3rd /4th bends, and the following Lewis Rose went cartwheeling over Danny and his bike, so very lucky that all three were able to continue riding in the meeting, although Lewis seem very cautious in his next ride, finishing in third and last place. Obvious very rusty and machinery not at full pace at times, so I would expect better and more consistent scoring in our future meetings. A wins a win, just ask Raf after our win versus the Arse despite their 70 % possession.

A few flyers last night, which would have been stopped last year, but at least it happened to both sides and they speeded the meeting up. Remember this was only our second meeting and Scunny had ridden more, so I would think things will improve as they all had good rides throughout the meeting. Glad to hear the comments of Bruno who paid his first visit to Brough and wondered why the club/stadium/track attracts some comments from out dearest neighbours the Smoggies. It's just part of their DNA I am afraid, a bit like the Mackems and football. Ah bless. Pity you didn't let me know you had managed to make, would have been pleased to meet you and show you around. 

Meeting saw a lot of good racing and fine performances from the dynamic duo Garrity and Auty. Best meetings they have had at our place, which Garrity is full of praise of(even when he was a smoggie). 

Decent meeting on a freezing night, and enough on display to know that things will get better as they solve mechanical issues and get a track they can let rip on with more grip. 

RIP Ivan, the Worlds greatest ever speedway rider 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

To be fair Chewy, the opposite scenario last year didn't always work did it. We have what we have, and our strength should be before the heats 13 and 15, but you never know. Crowd was not bad considering the comments on here, and the freezing conditions and the car park was pretty full very early on. The track was as expected, given the water that had to removed from ontop, and squeezed out from within the shale. It actually had to be watered  before the meeting, Jonny and his staff having been very successful in their efforts to get the surface under control. With the threat of rain for about 9.00pm, the track would have been slick to ensure it lasted the the meeting safely. It have a little grading early on but there was never any problem with it. Not the usual grip on the outside for the Ludde type passing but consistent and rideable. Two big crashes, first with Simon  N when his bike seemed to slow very quickly coming out of he second bend. The other crash was when Danny dropped it between the 3rd /4th bends, and the following Lewis Rose went cartwheeling over Danny and his bike, so very lucky that all three were able to continue riding in the meeting, although Lewis seem very cautious in his next ride, finishing in third and last place. Obvious very rusty and machinery not at full pace at times, so I would expect better and more consistent scoring in our future meetings. A wins a win, just ask Raf after our win versus the Arse despite their 70 % possession.

A few flyers last night, which would have been stopped last year, but at least it happened to both sides and they speeded the meeting up. Remember this was only our second meeting and Scunny had ridden more, so I would think things will improve as they all had good rides throughout the meeting. Glad to hear the comments of Bruno who paid his first visit to Brough and wondered why the club/stadium/track attracts some comments from out dearest neighbours the Smoggies. It's just part of their DNA I am afraid, a bit like the Mackems and football. Ah bless. Pity you didn't let me know you had managed to make, would have been pleased to meet you and show you around. 

Meeting saw a lot of good racing and fine performances from the dynamic duo Garrity and Auty. Best meetings they have had at our place, which Garrity is full of praise of(even when he was a smoggie). 

Decent meeting on a freezing night, and enough on display to know that things will get better as they solve mechanical issues and get a track they can let rip on with more grip. 

RIP Ivan, the Worlds greatest ever speedway rider 

Steffan N, even!

I think some credit should also be given to ref Darren Hartley, who pushed the meeting through swiftly, despite a 12 minute delay following the Lewis & Danny P crash.

It was also great to see Dalbers back.

• Like 1

RIP Ivan 

The greatest ever 

Lets hope for a big crowd on Sunday to pay tribute to a sporting legend 

19 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A few flyers last night, which would have been stopped last year, but at least it happened to both sides and they speeded the meeting up. Remember this was only our second meeting and Scunny had ridden more,

only rode twice, same as newcastle

• Like 1