British Speedway Forum

Tonight is proof that pts were lost through getting a guest nearly 3 pts under Stevie Worrall average , we know  steve is going to be out for a while so let's sign a proven no 1 to lead the other 6 contracted riders . Newcastle are built with a strong 6 and 7  so the other 5 have to outscore there top 5  . For me bust a gut to get an 8.5 pts plus to Steve's average as a temporary replacement or results will pass us by try and get Sam Masters or an ex premier rider  . In the past a 2 pt defeat at Newcastle in the past was a good result but so deflated tonight and fear choosing the wrong guest will haunt us

thoughts please

I think your reserves were a big part of the problem tonight.

• Like 1

Gino will get better and danny has had nearly a year out

stevie  9.13  average

lewy Kerr 6.78 average

theres the stats you need 

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think your reserves were a big part of the problem tonight.

Gino Manzares rode well and you could argue deserved more than the 6 points he got.

34 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Tonight is proof that pts were lost through getting a guest nearly 3 pts under Stevie Worrall average , we know  steve is going to be out for a while so let's sign a proven no 1 to lead the other 6 contracted riders . Newcastle are built with a strong 6 and 7  so the other 5 have to outscore there top 5  . For me bust a gut to get an 8.5 pts plus to Steve's average as a temporary replacement or results will pass us by try and get Sam Masters or an ex premier rider  . In the past a 2 pt defeat at Newcastle in the past was a good result but so deflated tonight and fear choosing the wrong guest will haunt us

thoughts please

If we re-declare, what happens when Steve Worrall is fit again and we are over the 42.5 points limit ? 

5 minutes ago, bez said:

If we re-declare, what happens when Steve Worrall is fit again and we are over the 42.5 points limit ? 

If you re-declare and are over the limit when Steve returns, he couldn't return to the team unless other changes were made which brought the team below the limit.

However, if a 'temporary replacement' is signed, Steve would be free to return when fit, replacing the 'temporary replacement'.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KevH said:

If you re-declare and are over the limit when Steve returns, he couldn't return to the team unless other changes were made which brought the team below the limit.

However, if a 'temporary replacement' is signed, Steve would be free to return when fit, replacing the 'temporary replacement'.

Thanks makes sense now. 

If you look at the meeting tonight Danny was off the pace apart from the one race where him and Lewis Rose crashed and I personally thought Danny was harshly excluded there. If in heat 4 Gino’s bike hadn’t backed up on the last bend while on a 5-1 then Gino would have had 8+1 and we would have won by two points but I agree problem was choice of guest at Number 1 if Stevie was in that team we walk that tonight and I feel we should have gone for somebody like Lawson or Richie Worrall to guest at number 1 instead, just hope Stevie is back soon as he will be missed until he is back.

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

thoughts please

Like there are just loads and loads of available number 1's NOT!  Masters would already be somewhere if he wanted to do Premier League. He doesn't. end of.

Was Rob thinking that because of last weeks result we could cope with Kerr at no1. He is NOT a no1 & we need a no1 to replace a no 1 whether he has rode Newcastle well before or not. This IS THE problem though. What a rider scores previously is not what he can score for us. Look back to last year when Howarth was scoring for fun against us but when he guested for us we expected more. It is all about on the day & at the end of it we were beat. We have to shake ourselves down, regroup for this next week.

by the way, there is another topic for the Scorpions for 2018

14 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Was Rob thinking that because of last weeks result we could cope with Kerr at no1. He is NOT a no1 & we need a no1 to replace a no 1 whether he has rode Newcastle well before or not. This IS THE problem though. What a rider scores previously is not what he can score for us. Look back to last year when Howarth was scoring for fun against us but when he guested for us we expected more. It is all about on the day & at the end of it we were beat. We have to shake ourselves down, regroup for this next week.

He is a second string riding at no 2 for us albeit a very good second string Thought Richie would have been a better choice to replace his brother.

Being last years rider, Rob knows what he did last year (10 & 16) but a lot of riders are not up to speed yet. Lawson scored 8 in both visits & R Worrall scored 10 & 14. It is hard to get the right guest, but without being there, reading the updates, Kerr was pushing in his 1st but couldn't get past, scored 5 in his next 2 then last in the hard ht13. We have been outscored in both matches in the reserve department & I think most expected more from Allen & Nielsen who normally rides the small tracks well (Mildenhall, Plymouth & Rye House). It seems from what D Peet has said was that although the spirit is there, the lads were trying, it just did not happen on the day.

Just take other results that have happened this last 2 weeks. Peterborough's results against Lakeside & Ipswich & Glasgows loss at Berwick are a few that, I think, most would say, were unexpected, if being truthfull.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Being last years rider, Rob knows what he did last year (10 & 16) but a lot of riders are not up to speed yet. Lawson scored 8 in both visits & R Worrall scored 10 & 14. It is hard to get the right guest, but without being there, reading the updates, Kerr was pushing in his 1st but couldn't get past, scored 5 in his next 2 then last in the hard ht13. We have been outscored in both matches in the reserve department & I think most expected more from Allen & Nielsen who normally rides the small tracks well (Mildenhall, Plymouth & Rye House). It seems from what D Peet has said was that although the spirit is there, the lads were trying, it just did not happen on the day.

Just take other results that have happened this last 2 weeks. Peterborough's results against Lakeside & Ipswich & Glasgows loss at Berwick are a few that, I think, most would say, were unexpected, if being truthfull.

Difficulty last night was the track was hard compacted to make sure the track didn't mess up during the meeting. Rain was forecast so the track was moist, but not like normal. A slick track didn't allow much passing so gaters and blasters around the outside did not have a track they needed when they missed the gate.