British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Ivan R.I.P.

Still can't believe he's gone. Recall speaking to him at the British Final at West ham in 1965 at the rained off meeting-he said it gave him another week to recover from his injury-so went back the next week, and he performed creditably. Of course next year (1966) he made his first World Final appearance-best ever rider in my view.

• Like 1

Purely the greatest...there'll never be another.

RIP Ivan.

All of us  have great memories of Ivan which is wonderful my  biggest memory of Ivan was him turning up in a lovely van  with his bikes spotless the complete package.We all know it did not start like that in his career  he had to go home regroup and comeback stronger and so he did i am honoured to have seen Ivan ride at his peak. And  there won't be another like him certainly he was a one off he was confident and certainly opinionated but was so humble and down to earth great with the fans. The GPS now he would of loved them been in his element, and he would probably have won more than six titles.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1