British Speedway Forum
hammer1969

Wolverhampton v Rye House 16/4/18

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Unfortunately Rye House are what they look like an ex Coventry Bees retirement home.

Sadly that is the case and doubt this team would make much impression in the Championship!

Another reason for merging the leagues.

I'm not a rye fan, but I am a hoddesdon regular just giving my opinion. My team Wimbledon closed years ago, and we had plenty of poor results!

Well I have been following Rye since 1976 home and away through good times and bad and this period since Silver left is poor. That’s not glass half full nonsense it’s reality anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t have a clue. 

said it before with Max Clegg, he should be doing a lot better at Monmore due to the amount of time he has spent riding there with Wolves and Cradley before that.

if he can't learn the way round a track he's spent years on there is no hope

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Sadly that is the case and doubt this team would make much impression in the Championship!

Another reason for merging the leagues.

Rye are not a great top flight side.. however, they'd walk the Championship.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CB252 said:

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

Watched heat 15 on fans page and was certainly exciting. 

Hopefully the awful weather that has wrecked tracks for a month now will see gradual improvement of racing on all tracks. When you get people moaning about racing at the NSS you know tracks aren't in great shape right now. 

We are lucky at Wolves at its usually rated highly by riders and visiting fans alike so hopefully Doc can work his magic over the coming weeks.

Rye appeared to be very poor visitors which can have a bearing on the excitement level. 

I was at Eastbourne last Saturday, where the track was still tricky despite a few days of dry weather.

We made the trip up from Rye in the hope of a good close meeting and perhaps coming away with a point - what a waste of time. A shambles of a Rye team and as for heat 15 being exciting, well from a Wolves point of view it was from a Rye point of view what a depressing end to the night to see your rider going from first to last but he did get one point - probably because only 3 riders finished the race.  As for the programme £2.50 for what was a Wolves v Belle Vue meeting with a Rye House insert, if I'd known that before purchase I could have saved my cash and perhaps donated it to the so called improvements being made to Rye Stadium.

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Rye are not a great top flight side.. however, they'd walk the Championship.

A few Championship sides would give us a test over two legs I'd wager. 

Hoping Nicholls' problems are bike related, if not then his form in both tiers (obviously he's only had 1 1/2 top flight meetings thus far) is a major cause for concern. Harris isn't even a number one in the second division at present. If things aren't looking rosey then Kasprzak soon can become CBAsprzak. Summers is uninspiring to say the least. Kennett could suffer from lack of meetings. There's a lot of pressure on Robbo to score well at reserve and potentially be taking lots of rides. Clegg's performance on the track he probably has done more laps around than any other concerns me too, he's not the rider he was looking like developing into a few years back. 

37 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

A few Championship sides would give us a test over two legs I'd wager. 

Hoping Nicholls' problems are bike related, if not then his form in both tiers (obviously he's only had 1 1/2 top flight meetings thus far) is a major cause for concern. Harris isn't even a number one in the second division at present. If things aren't looking rosey then Kasprzak soon can become CBAsprzak. Summers is uninspiring to say the least. Kennett could suffer from lack of meetings. There's a lot of pressure on Robbo to score well at reserve and potentially be taking lots of rides. Clegg's performance on the track he probably has done more laps around than any other concerns me too, he's not the rider he was looking like developing into a few years back. 

You wouldn't be wagering very well if you did.

Rye House are WAY above anything in the Championship. There isn't even the slightest argument. I'd be surprised if any Championship side got within 20 over 2 legs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

You wouldn't be wagering very well if you did.

Rye House are WAY above anything in the Championship. There isn't even the slightest argument. I'd be surprised if any Championship side got within 20 over 2 legs.

In your opinion. Mine is different. This hypothetical match won't happen anyway. 

22 hours ago, CB252 said:

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

Must admit I'm on the same page as you. After 32 years of going virtually every week its very possible I might not go again this year. Heat 4 broke the camels back, with Sam Masters off in front we had a much quicker Scott Nicholls hunting down Wolves reserve Ashley Morris. After trying the outside line and going backwards , Nicholls then tracked Morris for 2 and a half laps on the inside line the only hope of passing being a mistake from the Wolves youngster, it was not to come. Sorry its not the sport I used to recognise. I will still do 4 GP's this year and have BT sport so that I can get a fix if I need it. Very sad but maybe time to move on and spend my money somewhere else.

43 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

In your opinion. Mine is different. This hypothetical match won't happen anyway. 

Of course it won't, nor anything remotely close to it because such strong teams aren't allowed in the Championship.... there's a clue for you there.

These kind of sweeping statements are often made, but in reality it's nonsense.

Think of the strongest Championship team, then compare the two rider for rider.

Rye have a Championship 2nd heat leader at reserve. A Championship No 1 at 2nd string.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of course it won't, nor anything remotely close to it because such strong teams aren't allowed in the Championship.... there's a clue for you there.

These kind of sweeping statements are often made, but in reality it's nonsense.

Think of the strongest Championship team, then compare the two rider for rider.

Rye have a Championship 2nd heat leader at reserve. A Championship No 1 at 2nd string.

And also a number one whos not even top of his sides averages in the second division.

however, I do agree the top flight is stronger but the gap seems to be getting narrower all the time. Can you imagine Loram and Louis riding in the PL when riding as EL number ones?!

the EL has gone on the decline for a while, the promoters are pathetic and have to be blamed. They bring in set race nights to entice the big stars back yet saddle them all with pathetic averages and bring in a one over 8 rule. Jokers