Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
hammer1969

Wolverhampton v Rye House 16/4/18

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

They usually get anything from 6-9 which will not be enough against one of the strongest top 4's in the league especially at home

not sure but didn't Nicholls win some his British titles there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

not sure but didn't Nicholls win some his British titles there

Nicholls and Bomber have  rode well there.Dropping off in recent years so i'm told ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just lack pace out of the start and even round a tight track like wolves have. Scott ran Howarth really wide in heat 15, left him racing room and had both masters and Kyle behind him and didn't know where to cover and was taken by both in one move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nicholls and Bomber have  rode well there.Dropping off in recent years so i'm told ?

Used to be brilliant at Monmore but have been average for the past 2 or 3 seasons. 

KK is just a waste of a team space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CB252 said:

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

In terms of the score or the racing ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CB252 said:

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

A fair point...

It was something that struck me last weekend when watching my third Polish match over two days...

Big crowds in modern stadia, atmosphere being 'literally' drummed up by sections of the crowd, (crowds that are made up of plenty of people under 30 never mind 60!). An announcer engaging the fans in celebratory chants and riders giving absolutely everything on well prepared circuits (Probably through fear of losing their team place and the good money that comes with it)..

Absolutely light years away from what British Speedway offers, and now being on TV every weekend it doesn't do British Speedway any favours I would suggest. ..

As Jim Bowen used to say on Bullseye...

"Come an 'ave a look at what yer could 'ave won! "...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

now you know what we had to put up with at Poole, kk waste of space

dont be to hard on matt ford he was convinced kk would be an excellent signing at the time,as i did, plus everyother poole supporter i spoke to,but hey ho it didnt work out thats life,its only speedway, forget it and move on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A fair point...

It was something that struck me last weekend when watching my third Polish match over two days...

Big crowds in modern stadia, atmosphere being 'literally' drummed up by sections of the crowd, (crowds that are made up of plenty of people under 30 never mind 60!). An announcer engaging the fans in celebratory chants and riders giving absolutely everything on well prepared circuits (Probably through fear of losing their team place and the good money that comes with it)..

Absolutely light years away from what British Speedway offers, and now being on TV every weekend it doesn't do British Speedway any favours I would suggest. ..

As Jim Bowen used to say on Bullseye...

"Come an 'ave a look at what yer could 'ave won! "...

 

In Poland the tail doesn't wag the dog, unlike in the UK  where riders certainly take the pee.   Only have to go back to the Holder/Batcholar  situation at Kings Lynn v Poole meeting last season.  Would those 2 Aussies have tried that on in Poland ?  I think not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CB252 said:

A soul destroying, festering sore of a meeting.

That one was enough to kill your enthusiasm for a season before it even starts.

After watching lots of fast, vibrant, modern speedway from Poland so far this year on the TV, this one was like a trip back in time to the seventies.

And Monmore is generally one of the better tracks to visit in the Premiership!!

Sounds like every meeting I've ever watched there?
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised by the result but disappointed by what I saw on track. 

KK looked completely disinterested, nothing worse than watching a rider who can't be bothered to finish a race without coasting the last lap hundred yards behind third place

Scott Nicholls a shadow of his former self will struggle at Peterborough let alone Rye House

Chris Harris once a rider who went from last to first now a rider who goes from first to last in heat one and sends all the wrong signals

Robbo I hope had one of those nights when little went right.

Edward did ok but never looked capable of winning a race.

Max Clegg looked out of his depth on a track I thought he would score reasonably well

Aaron Summers looked our best rider which says it all

Compared to Wolves we looked like a bunch of over the hill amateurs and the shabby shirts worn over multi coloured Kevlar's looked pathetic.

All in all a 300 mile journey to watch a top half Premiership team wipe the floor with a team that would likely struggle in the Championship with little racing evident on track

Given the state of the stadium and the team we are putting out seems like we are out of the frying pan into the fire since Silver was replace by the BMR mob. I hope things improve but I got big doubts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chris said:

Pathetic, but no surprise.  It's a poor side which will get nothing away from home all season.

Should be a laugh seeing what crap Schroeck comes out with.

No tac sub used?

We were rubbish the only excuse for no tac sub was there wasn't one rider who would have scored better than the rider being replace thats how bad we were, the current team would struggle in the Championship or whatever its called these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rye should have moved back to the middle tier. Saturday night racing with more local derbies is a no brainer really. The team is too old and too expensive, coupled with the awful facilities at hoddesdon, it's a recipe for disaster.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, it's no wonder we are where we are in Britain, talk about glass half empty.

No matter the results etc. I always will my team to improve and look and the optimistic side, it's a real chore being miserable about it. Some matches are like that and results will topsy turvy throughout the season. To me, UK speedway is a lot less predictable than Poland, as is Sweden. The meetings I've seen in PL this season have been fastest bike wins, once they've done the first bend but many seem to like it. Rye will have some good results this year, you can't win em all :) 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×