British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Sheffield (Shield) 20.04.2018

What a fantastic meeting, one of the best I've seen for years... Outstanding 

Couldn't fault any of the riders, All had a proper go 

To many great races to pick the best but heat 15 was a outstanding 

2 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

OMG what a meeting! Proper speedway at its best. 2 teams going for it with passing and re-passing in nearly every race.

It’s a long time since I’ve seen a meeting that good, hats off to all the riders.

I echo those sentiments... fantastic meeting, best I've seen in many a year. Credit to both teams, awesome entertainment.

I wasn't at Sheffield last night, but that sounded a cracker too...  Scunny on the end of a little bad luck, on another day they'd of collected the bonus point.. likewise tonight, perhaps Sheffield suffered from a similar fate.. if it wasn't for Howarths fall, Sheffield maybe go home with a bonus point.

Fair play to both teams on a fantastic night of entertainment. Jason Garrity, captain fantastic (til Steve's back of cause) well done to him for racing while ill. Gino and Danny tried their hearts out, and we can't fault them for effort, same goes to Tommy Jorgensen.. Stef did his job and well,  Jake Allen and Josh Auty was just superb.. For the oppositon, Shanes looks a good prospect, Howarth did well and Charles Wright was right in the thick of the action too. I'd love to see these 2 teams in the playoffs, hopefully the final as if these 2 teams are putting on shows like what we've witnessed, it could be the best play off final in years

3 points from r/r.lasse not really at the party.otherwise we would have won that meeting.some fantastic racing though and a decent crowd to boot.

On 17/04/2018 at 9:33 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Can only see a Sheffield win.

While you are looking for that, could you please do my ironing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What a great meeting. You'll have to go a long way for a better one this season. All 13 riders deserve credit absolutely brilliant stuff.

Outstanding - a cracking advert for British Speedway with some great speedway on show - Come on BT Sports get to the next one !

Charles Wright and Kyle Howarth were the pick of the visiting bunch with Jason Garrity, Josh Auty and Jake Allen on form for the hosts - though the 2nd string also contributed and scored well 

Oh my word , now that was a good meeting with passing a plenty. Well done to all riders for putting on a great show.

Good to  see Steve Worrall looking so well at the end of meeting conference, hopefully back mid June ish???

Some fantastic racing last night resulting in a deserved win for the home side in the end although they were challenged all the way through. 

Just a pity about the clown on the mic, he needs to get his hand in his pocket and get a proper presenter!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Just a pity about the clown on the mic, he needs to get his hand in his pocket and get a proper presenter!

Just like Shaun, the one you have at Sheffield, our ex presenter. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Just like Shaun, the one you have at Sheffield, our ex presenter. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about this, we used to have Hoggy on the mic at Sheffield and he used to drive me fu*?!ng nuts. 

Not like Shaun Leigh at all. What I'm alluding to is 1. After a minutes silence to pay respect to Ivan Mauger, one of, if not the greatest speedway rider of all time, Godfrey gives an anecdote about a time he made Ivan pay £300 to use the training track, a totally inappropriate story when paying homage to a legend.  2. When interviewing Damien Bates on the centre green he tried to belittle him and failed miserably.  3. Again towards the end of the meeting he spoke with the guy who sells the raffle tickets and there was reference made regarding 'organ grinder and monkey', when Godfrey declared himself the organ grinder. It was part of a question as to why the raffle wasn't conducted during the previous meeting and the explanation was that this guys mother was ill. Godfrey then asked how she was and was told, she's feeling better but was still in hospital. Godfrey then said "I don't care anyway!" from those that were listening to this in my vicinity there were gasps and looks of shock.

If that's his sense of humour then he needs to get another, because he's just not funny, embarrassing but not funny!   

12 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Not like Shaun Leigh at all. What I'm alluding to is 1. After a minutes silence to pay respect to Ivan Mauger, one of, if not the greatest speedway rider of all time, Godfrey gives an anecdote about a time he made Ivan pay £300 to use the training track, a totally inappropriate story when paying homage to a legend.  2. When interviewing Damien Bates on the centre green he tried to belittle him and failed miserably.  3. Again towards the end of the meeting he spoke with the guy who sells the raffle tickets and there was reference made regarding 'organ grinder and monkey', when Godfrey declared himself the organ grinder. It was part of a question as to why the raffle wasn't conducted during the previous meeting and the explanation was that this guys mother was ill. Godfrey then asked how she was and was told, she's feeling better but was still in hospital. Godfrey then said "I don't care anyway!" from those that were listening to this in my vicinity there were gasps and looks of shock.

If that's his sense of humour then he needs to get another, because he's just not funny, embarrassing but not funny!   

That's shocking. Rob needs to be called to explain his position if that is all true. Obviously could not have done any good to himself or Scunny.