British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Sheffield (Shield) 20.04.2018

Oh come on, thats Rob, he just jokes around, for certain Duffy knew he was joking about his mother. With regards to Damian Bates he was very respectful of Sheffield Speedway and it was an interesting question/answer, remember when Damian came back with "current champions", a good riposte.

I for one and many others around me appreciate his comparing greatly. Rob wears his heart on his sleeve and sometimes says too much at times but I wasnt offended at all during the meeting.

Shaun Leigh did fine at Scunny but I think Rob is much better for us as he has a vested interest. At Sheffield on the Thursday I could barely hear Shaun due to the quiet sound system.

• Like 2

Excellent couple of meetings on Thursday & Friday, hats to both sets of riders, totally committed and some tough yet very fair racing.I think there could be a bit more bite in this rivalry this year with Scunthorpe having a much better side than previous years.

Thought both results were deserved on each night. Sheffield came good midway through the meeting on Thursday and Scunthorpe seem to run out of gas. Likewise Friday, Scunthorpe were always just ahead bar heat 1, and deserved their win. Some healthy crowds to boot as well!

Some of the racing was outstanding, although I have to say the video's don't do them justice to actually being their live, in the moment.. Live speedway just doesn't compare to TV!

More of that for the rest of the season from both sides, and we could have our local derby via the play offs as well!

I've never been Rob's biggest fan and he certainly isn't mine but I think he's great on the mic. A lot better then most especially the guy who did it a few times I think he used to do Sheffield too. Hoggy I think his name was. Used to annoy me when the race was about to start and he shouts IT'SSSSSSSSSSSSS 1 no it not its Heat 1.