British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Redcar v Newcastle (Shield) - Thursday

23 minutes ago, StevePark said:

How is this possible when you are riding tonight??  There must be something wrong somewhere!! :D

Will be heading down the A19 for this one.  Hopefully an entertaining meeting with no injuries.

I do wonder myself ;-) not used to wearing shorts and t shirt for meetings lol

5 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

32.8 ... clearly building for the future

hopefully a good meeting with the diamonds bringing their usual hefty away support ............  just a pity the redcar supporters don't seem to know where Newcastle is in the return fixture

Slightly unfair - I wouldn't say all the visiting Newcastle supporters are hefty although it's a reasonable amount ;)

Last time I went to Brough, I think Martin Dixon had a cracking meeting so it's been a while.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Slightly unfair - I wouldn't say all the visiting Newcastle supporters are hefty although it's a reasonable amount ;)

Last time I went to Brough, I think Martin Dixon had a cracking meeting so it's been a while.

They think they double our crowd when they come,  they don't realise that we do get bigger crowds when the 'big' teams come to town...

Edited by RedcarRacer

18 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

They think they double our crowd when they come,  they don't realise that we do get bigger crowds when the 'big' teams come to town...

Considering they bring so many supporters down to our place they must be really good at hiding and keeping very very quiet.

I have yet to see gangs of marauding Jawdees invade our stadium ;)

36 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Part from Sheffield last year we did, and usually do most years. Not that you are going to accept that, but your fans I know acknowledge it.

At least we rode to the teams average ... Pity it was their ages 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

At least we rode to the teams average ... Pity it was their ages 

and we got one more than at Sheffield, so maybe were on a roll.

Nice way to open the season and stretch the legs, a few cobwebs needing blowing away early doors - but let's not get too excited, that is one of the worse teams ever to turn up at the STMP - if not for Doolan, it would have been a horror show.

Morris was a plus, looked decent but the rest were worse than we could have hoped for.

And that is why the Bears can't take it too serious - but there were some great positives - firstly Busch, won't be long before he is in the main body, but he looked well on the pace - as did MBA, he has a lovely style.

Barker looked liked his old self again - but have to say was a bit concerned with Stewart but then again he will probably have time at reserve to adapt, he won't be jettisoned so will have time to settle.

Pijper was off the pace, but will put that down to an off night - generally a huge pleasing performance in-front of a very good crowd, but think next week's match with Sheffield will be a much truer reflection...

Edited by RedcarRacer
  • Like 1

Newcastle fans - this isn't the team you will have all season, there will be changes at some point

• Like 1

You can only beat whats in front of you, but it was encouraging for the Bears tonight. Good to see Barker on decent form, and good to see Kus have a good night. Busch was a different class tonight, very, very fast indeed and very smooth on the bike.

Was impressed with MBA, looked good and took no prisoners in a couple of rides as well. Thought Stewart deserved more points than he got, was always in the mix, but seemed to overlock on the bends and lost a bit of speed. Sure that will come with experience.

Newcastle were disappointing, although impressed with Ashley Morris. Wethers had a couple of decent rides and Doolan was a decent guest but can see them struggling on the road.

7 minutes ago, boz said:

You can only beat whats in front of you, but it was encouraging for the Bears tonight. Good to see Barker on decent form, and good to see Kus have a good night. Busch was a different class tonight, very, very fast indeed and very smooth on the bike.

Was impressed with MBA, looked good and took no prisoners in a couple of rides as well. Thought Stewart deserved more points than he got, was always in the mix, but seemed to overlock on the bends and lost a bit of speed. Sure that will come with experience.

Newcastle were disappointing, although impressed with Ashley Morris. Wethers had a couple of decent rides and Doolan was a decent guest but can see them struggling on the road.

Thought Stewart looked much better in his last ride when he didn’t ride as tight around the first and second bends.

Overall was pleased with everyone’s showing but will be much sterner tests ahead. 

Edited by Yearbyred

The boys were on fire tonight. I said to Tobi about getting a win tonight and he said "I will try" Try? he was on the boil with Kus. "Iccle" B Andersen was good to watch and was impressed with the Mildura Monsoon Jordan Stewart and given it was doubtful if he was going to race in my mind he didn't let him down and rode a good night. 

Well done to the Redcar Cubs too on their win.

I spoke with a couple of Newcastle fans and had a bit of craic with them as they said they come to as many Redcar meetings as they can as they love seeing good racing at our track.

A nice minutes Round of applause tonight from everyone at the meeting giving the memory of Ivan Mauger massive respect.

redcar mauger.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1