British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Redcar v Newcastle (Shield) - Thursday

Gud performance from the bears congrats. Woefull from the diamond's except Morris and doolan who give it a go.  Gonna be a long season me thinks 

Edited by Mentalmik
Misspelled

well I said anything under 40 would be alarming... this was worse than I feared .......  oh boy do the diamonds have problems

well done redcar... but don't get too excited ... you wont have an easier home meeting (until we return).......

one wonders how the Newcastle Propaganda machine will respond next

I laughed when I saw the newspaper article about Sheffield and in a meeting where we were hammered 59 31, the biggest part was about our 5 1 win in heat 2 justifying our strong reserves and the make up of our team ...... ignore the fact 3 riders got maximums against us

Then (and I enjoy Ranting Roy!!) but the bare faced cheek to criticise us 'internet' 'experts' in his article cos he knows better and he likes the look of the team,  and then when lindgren wins the 1st race on sunday, he proudly boasts who says lindgren cant be a number 1 - well Roy ..... 12 points in 13 races in 3 meetings would say so 

No doubt the reports tomorrow will report how superb the diamonds were in the 1st 4 heats and 12 12 was a reflection of this great team.  Then the last line will end ... and redcar won a close 58 32.............

Still what do I know ....... I'm just an internet 'expert' ......

It gives me no joy to written this.... boy do I wish we had a team like Sheffield (or even Redcar!!) ..... but the criticism of this team .... from what I have seen ...... has been fair and measured .... yes they are all triers ......  but its a team of 7 second strings ....... and I know the promoters hands were tied ..... but at the end of the day we are simply not competitive ....... Scunthorpe would have beaten us if they had picked a better guest (and Roy that's a fact not opinion .. there is a reason why lewis kerr is 6.8) .... redcar will start as favourites on sunday and heaven help us when Sheffield roll into town...... 3 meetings gone and we have won 11 heats .....  that's fact .... not an opinion 

ps I also feel sorry for lindgren .... he's riding like a man carrying the world on his shoulders ... a he's on a hiding to nothing at number 1 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to reading the excuses , bike problems ,not racefit .unlucky ,the ref etc .

4 hours ago, highside said:

Looking forward to reading the excuses , bike problems ,not racefit .unlucky ,the ref etc .

There shouldn't be any, two crap teams who are destined to contest the wooden spoon.

It is so sad ....but I fear the Diamonds are going to have a horrible season. I forecast a 53-37 result for Redcar and was not far wrong.:angry:

Edited by Mauger_Magic

15 hours ago, mauger65 said:

well I said anything under 40 would be alarming... this was worse than I feared .......  oh boy do the diamonds have problems

well done redcar... but don't get too excited ... you wont have an easier home meeting (until we return).......

one wonders how the Newcastle Propaganda machine will respond next

I laughed when I saw the newspaper article about Sheffield and in a meeting where we were hammered 59 31, the biggest part was about our 5 1 win in heat 2 justifying our strong reserves and the make up of our team ...... ignore the fact 3 riders got maximums against us

Then (and I enjoy Ranting Roy!!) but the bare faced cheek to criticise us 'internet' 'experts' in his article cos he knows better and he likes the look of the team,  and then when lindgren wins the 1st race on sunday, he proudly boasts who says lindgren cant be a number 1 - well Roy ..... 12 points in 13 races in 3 meetings would say so 

No doubt the reports tomorrow will report how superb the diamonds were in the 1st 4 heats and 12 12 was a reflection of this great team.  Then the last line will end ... and redcar won a close 58 32.............

Still what do I know ....... I'm just an internet 'expert' ......

It gives me no joy to written this.... boy do I wish we had a team like Sheffield (or even Redcar!!) ..... but the criticism of this team .... from what I have seen ...... has been fair and measured .... yes they are all triers ......  but its a team of 7 second strings ....... and I know the promoters hands were tied ..... but at the end of the day we are simply not competitive ....... Scunthorpe would have beaten us if they had picked a better guest (and Roy that's a fact not opinion .. there is a reason why lewis kerr is 6.8) .... redcar will start as favourites on sunday and heaven help us when Sheffield roll into town...... 3 meetings gone and we have won 11 heats .....  that's fact .... not an opinion 

ps I also feel sorry for lindgren .... he's riding like a man carrying the world on his shoulders ... a he's on a hiding to nothing at number 1 

And your point is Steve?

I have total sympathy for the promoters cos they had little time to build a side

. total sympathy for the riders who are trying

but it is a weak team ... the vast majority are tipping us for bottom .... and after 3 meetings there is little to suggest otherwise

anyway lets hope for a big crowd on sunday... to say farewell to a legend

8 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

And your point is Steve?

I have total sympathy for the promoters cos they had little time to build a side

. total sympathy for the riders who are trying

but it is a weak team ... the vast majority are tipping us for bottom .... and after 3 meetings there is little to suggest otherwise

anyway lets hope for a big crowd on sunday... to say farewell to a legend

My point is in response to the question you posed on line three of your previous post.  This was the response made by George on the night. Nothing other than that.

Still very early days.  And I say that with the thought being the current 1-7 might not (and probably not) be the 1-7 at the end of the season.

It will be poignant on Sunday, you are quite right, let's hope for a big crowd to say "thank you and goodbye" to a genuine legend of the sport and to the Diamonds.

I look forward to the written comments in the programme

yes George was very honest but saying we didn't gate well ... its only the most important part of speedway  

also .. trouble is with people predicting changes ... the riders know they are already under pressure and makes them more tense

25 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

I look forward to the written comments in the programme

yes George was very honest but saying we didn't gate well ... its only the most important part of speedway  

also .. trouble is with people predicting changes ... the riders know they are already under pressure and makes them more tense

Depends on the rider, but I would hope it would make riders more determined to prove their worth in the team, making them less likely to be "dropped."

On 20/04/2018 at 6:48 AM, highside said:

Disappointed then eh.