British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers v Edinburgh Monarchs CS Sun April 22nd 2018 at 3pm

Doesn't matter how many years riders have been racing, many struggle with machinery in the early months. Iversen had no speed at Lynn last week for example. Harris will prove his class over the season, as I'm sure Worrall will too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Doesn't matter how many years riders have been racing, many struggle with machinery in the early months. Iversen had no speed at Lynn last week for example. Harris will prove his class over the season, as I'm sure Worrall will too.

The question is why!!?

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The question is why!!?

Potential answers - Lots of riders buy new equipment each year, can result in problems; not able to test due to all tracks being 5 feet under water; tuners inundated by riders not happy with their engine. As Bagpuss says happens every year. From a Glasgow point of view our two best riders not scoring to their full potential and we are doing ok :wink: Could be scary for some poor team when they all fire on the same day!

56 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The question is why!!?

Riders have their favourite engines for certain tracks and seem to know when they start to lose power around 30-35 hts sometimes less and sends them to get serviced and when they come back some never seem to be the same  new parts can cause this Richie dropped a valve in his fav engine which basically means you chuck the top end of the engine in the bin around £1700 later he gets it back with all new top end and it is not like what it was before it went bang sends it back after telling his tuner where it lacks power he tweaks it and hopfully it’s better next week 

52 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Potential answers - Lots of riders buy new equipment each year, can result in problems; not able to test due to all tracks being 5 feet under water; tuners inundated by riders not happy with their engine. As Bagpuss says happens every year. From a Glasgow point of view our two best riders not scoring to their full potential and we are doing ok :wink: Could be scary for some poor team when they all fire on the same day!

They waste a lot of money on new equipment IMO .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Riders have their favourite engines for certain tracks and seem to know when they start to lose power around 30-35 hts sometimes less and sends them to get serviced and when they come back some never seem to be the same  new parts can cause this Richie dropped a valve in his fav engine which basically means you chuck the top end of the engine in the bin around £1700 later he gets it back with all new top end and it is not like what it was before it went bang sends it back after telling his tuner where it lacks power he tweaks it and hopfully it’s better next week 

It shows the standard of tuning and quality of speedway engines,They just rip off the riders IMO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There is also the changes to the track, someone else preparing the track and a new team manager. Worrall was a big fan of the previous manager. A few things to get used to

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Owenbros said:

There is also the changes to the track, someone else preparing the track and a new team manager. Worrall was a big fan of the previous manager. A few things to get used to

Awe that's nice. Bet he's a bigger fan of those that pay his wages

29 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Congratulations to Paulco and Elaine on their wedding today. :)

And off to Armadiddle tonight?

30 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Oh I didn't know, the quiet devil. All the best on their futures.

On 27/04/2018 at 4:45 PM, tyretrax said:

i bet he thought he could get away with it , or without it !:)

Edited by jenga

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, Mr Blobby said:

That’s rich coming from a fan of Peterborough 

I was totally against what occurred  with money passing hands for the services of Jack Holder never agree with anything like that but regardless if I found it acceptable or not , I am entitled to make comments or remarks without the likes of people like you to ridicule it just because I support Panthers and happen to live in the Peterborough area

• Like 2

6 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

........... without the likes of people like you to ridicule it just because I support Panthers and happen to live in the Peterborough area

Well I'm about to move to a PE postcode but I'm not going to boast about it!