2. Todd Kurtz 5.32
3. Charles Wright 7.47
4. R/R Josh Bates 6.54 
5. Lasse Bjerre 8.32
6. Jack Smith 2.51
7. James Shanes 3.74
Manager: Simon Stead

Scunthorpe 
1. Richard Lawson 8.65 (Guest Steve Worrall speedway injury 9.13)
2. Stefan Nielsen 5.53
3. Josh Auty 6.90
4. Jake Allen 6.08
5. Jason Garrity 7.32 capt
6. Danny Phillips 2.00
7. Gino Manzares 5.43
Manager: Dave Peet

I’m expecting both of these meetings to be a bit different to last year! Both meetings could be very close

This should be a cracker. Lawson, Auty and Garrity go well round Owlerton. But if the Tiger's ride anything like they did against Newcastle they should win this. Howarth, Bjerre and Wright should be a match for the bear's top three. The two Tigers reserves could have a big bearing on the outcome of this meeting. The weather should be ok, so roll on Thursday. utt.

Hopefully the Scorpions will be tougher opposition than Newcastle!! Sheffield to win this meeting against us, BUT Scunny to take a championship shield point

12 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Hopefully the Scorpions will be tougher opposition than Newcastle!! Sheffield to win this meeting against us, BUT Scunny to take a championship shield point

I dont believe this side without Josh G     is as  strong a Sheffield team as last year a close home win here with the result depending on the reserves.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Looking forward to this meeting. Scunthorpe have a very good team this year and at Owlerton they look very capable on paper. Bringing in Lawson makes the stronger; Stevie Worral not notoriously very good around Sheffield.

Auty and Garrity will provide entertainment.

I think this match could come down to which top 3 scores the most points. If Sheffield then I can see a 10-12 point win; Scunthorpe then it could be very close.

Could be the right time for Scunthorpe to visit with only 1 team meeting run this year.

Nice weather - at last!! Should be a cracker. 

4 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

Looking forward to this meeting. Scunthorpe have a very good team this year and at Owlerton they look very capable on paper. Bringing in Lawson makes the stronger; Stevie Worral not notoriously very good around Sheffield.

I think this match could come down to which top 3 scores the most points. If Sheffield then I can see a 10-12 point win; Scunthorpe then it could be very close.

Could be the right time for Scunthorpe to visit with only 1 team meeting run this year.

Dont forget we've got to come back to you in the League too

Looking forward to both meetings and I believe will be close. Agree with most that the reserves hold the key.

Good meeting with some good racing tonight. Think the score line probably flatters us, aftet the first 10/11 heats I was thinking that a draw would be a good result, fortunately Scunny just ran out of a bit of steam - starting with Allen breaking down whilst comfortably in the lead.

What is the rule about tacticals??? Sure after the Newcastle meeting somebody said they couldn’t be used in this competition- also didn’t think you could use them in heat 14

Edited by Cue Ball

4 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Good meeting with some good racing tonight. Think the score line probably flatters us, aftet the first 10/11 heats I was thinking that a draw would be a good result, fortunately Scunny just ran out of a bit of steam - starting with Allen breaking down whilst comfortably in the lead.

What is the rule about tacticals??? Sure after the Newcastle meeting somebody said they couldn’t be used in this competition- also didn’t think you could use them in heat 14

T/S can be used only once at any point from heats 5 to 14 (apart from heat 8) when a team is 6 behind. They're allowed in the group stage but not in meetings over 2 legs (Semi-Finals and final plus the KOC) is how understand it

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Thanks 1

On 18/04/2018 at 11:48 AM, yorkshiretyke said:

spot on with your prediction.utt

Good performance from Jack Smith with an excellent ride in heat 14 to hold on to the 5- 1

Keep up the good work

Sheffield looked to be having a bad night early on. Both Kyle and Lasse finished fourth in their first rides (when was the last time that happened?) and neither Jack Smith nor James Shanes looked at their best. Someone must have been doing a rousing job in the pits because it all appeared to come right after the interval - especially Jack pulling out all the stops in heat 14 for a 5 - 1. Todd looks like the most improved rider of 2018, winning heat 1 when Kyle missed out and going on for a paid 13.

Winning when the team is not at its best is the mark of a championship team. 

That was a great meeting with some fantastic racing. Todd Kurtz kept us in the meeting early on with some great gating and riding. The Tigers did what they did a few times last season, not so good for the first half of the meeting . But then came on very strong in the second half of the match. Charles Wright looks really  dialed in to the track and looks full of confidence. We need Josh Bates back and that will take the pressure off riders taking that extra ride, especially away from home. Scunny look to have a half decent side this season so they should be a lot more competitive this season. Be interesting how the Tigers go tonight at Scunny. I don't think Auty will have the same problems as he did last night.  So it should be another good meeting. utt. 

49 minutes ago, graz gp said:

That was a great meeting with some fantastic racing. Todd Kurtz kept us in the meeting early on with some great gating and riding. The Tigers did what they did a few times last season, not so good for the first half of the meeting . But then came on very strong in the second half of the match. Charles Wright looks really  dialed in to the track and looks full of confidence. We need Josh Bates back and that will take the pressure off riders taking that extra ride, especially away from home. Scunny look to have a half decent side this season so they should be a lot more competitive this season. Be interesting how the Tigers go tonight at Scunny. I don't think Auty will have the same problems as he did last night.  So it should be another good meeting. utt. 

Charles looks like he's been at Owlerton for years, both Smudger jnr and James will more than hold there own at reserve. Todd is looking like a heat leader at the moment, Kyle and Lasse could turn out as the best top two in the league and when we get Josh back, this team could take some stopping.

• Like 1