British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Scorpions SGBCS 19/04/18 @ 19.30

With the unfortunate bike problem for Allen, it maybe hit us a bit & the tide turned. Having your top 3 riders when dialled in at Sheffield, helps.  Howarth in 10, Bjerre in 11, Wright in 12, Howarth & Bjerre in 13, Wright in 14 for r/r means that these 3 are not going to give many points away at the tail end of a meeting. We had our problems, machinery wise & I don't think you had many but you deserved the win putting the bikes in the right places when the racing was tight.

Seem to think Todd started like this last season, but then tailed off as others were riding more regularly and he had a lack of meetings. Hopefully he can keep the momentum going this year - if he does, we will definitely be there or thereabouts come the end of the season with this team

I thought Lasse was a bit down on power last night. He did not seem his usual self, blasting around the outside. utt

I must have been at a different meeting to everyone fawning how good the racing was. For me ,much was from the gate and over by bend 2.  From heat 11, Scorpions self destructed and hugely disappointed so much so I was on the Parkway by the time heat 15 started . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I must have been at a different meeting to everyone fawning how good the racing was. For me ,much was from the gate and over by bend 2.  From heat 11, Scorpions self destructed and hugely disappointed so much so I was on the Parkway by the time heat 15 started . :rolleyes:

i can see that you are a staunch supporter of your team then.why even bother.just stop home and follow the updates, and if you thought that the racing wasn't very good then visit and specsavers spring to mind!

Great to see such a positive thread, and pleased to read that the racing was so good.

8 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I was there and I totally agree with you. we also left before heat fifteen. don`t know where that bloke on updates got it as an awesome meeting.

Edited by Dornier fixer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Moranboys said:

i can see that you are a staunch supporter of your team then.why even bother.just stop home and follow the updates, and if you thought that the racing wasn't very good then visit and specsavers spring to mind!

If you thought that meeting was so  good you must have wet your pants with excitement last night at the Scunthorpe return match.

Edited by scunny1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, scunny1 said:

If you thought that meeting was so  good you must have wet your pants with excitement last night at the Scunthorpe return match.

yes must say it was an excellent meeting, barring the centre green presenter and the lukewarm chips, pie was good though.

I enjoyed the meeting if not the result, agreed there wasnt much passing BUT there was plenty of trying to pass and some close racing so that it is what made it good for me, normally at Sheffield it is a procession and boring like hell. Hey and im not trying to besmirch Sheffield, the facilities are great & fans are good

Lewis, where was you stood??? Sheff fans on the 4th bend told myself and a few other scunny fans to f*c*ing do one and f**k off, because we got a 5-1 :D

Well i thought that both Sheff riders got a flyer in heat 14 but hey for me if you dont touch the tapes and are not rolling its not meant to matter now.

Edited by Lewis