British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Somerset vs Leicester 18/04/18

13 minutes ago, Najjer said:

He was very good! Him and Newman were the pick of the lot for Leicester

He even pole axed our New Zealand (World??) Champion as well!!

Just now, drew2 said:

He even pole axed our New Zealand (World??) Champion as well!!

That was the way I saw it, but Willowman stood next to me thought BWD binned it. People on the backstraight were up in arms when BWD was excluded so I assumed there was plenty of contact also! If there was contact, another error to go on the ref's list for the evening!

I can't repeat the words used by Brad as to what happened when i asked him after he got off the parade truck!! Let's just say he wasn't lying on the track for nothing!

5 minutes ago, drew2 said:

I can't repeat the words used by Brad as to what happened when i asked him after he got off the parade truck!! Let's just say he wasn't lying on the track for nothing!

You could see on the patio that the pole had moved to the right. But the ref made a faux pas there.

19 minutes ago, LFC1892 said:

You could see on the patio that the pole had moved to the right. But the ref made a faux pas there.

Not the only one tonight he made either! Only he saw that Kyle Newman finished third in heat 6........ when Jake actually beat him easily with a hard but fair pass on bends 3/4. Kyle seemed happy to dish it out in heat one with a hefty shoulder charge to knock Jake off but didn't take it when the boot was on the other foot in heat 6. 

2 minutes ago, drew2 said:

Not the only one tonight he made either! Only he saw that Kyle Newman finished third in heat 6........ when Jake actually beat him easily with a hard but fair pass on bends 3/4. Kyle seemed happy to dish it out in heat one with a hefty shoulder charge to knock Jake off but didn't take it when the boot was on the other foot in heat 6. 

That's true. Half of them are happy to dish out but can't take it back.

Couldn't be there tonight but what was the crowd and track like? Was it any different with the work and a new curator? 

Looks like Jason is playing safe with his average this year and keeping it on the sensible side of 8.

newman trying to put it over the young guns ,only fires them up as allen showed ,he has to remember that an elephant never forgets and rarely forgives ! good comeback from rebels , will be hard to beat when they all get some track time

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

That was the way I saw it, but Willowman stood next to me thought BWD binned it. People on the backstraight were up in arms when BWD was excluded so I assumed there was plenty of contact also! If there was contact, another error to go on the ref's list for the evening!

i was on the back straight Najjer and Bradley was brought down i'm sure the ref didn't realise he was down as it took him until turn 1 & 2 before he stopped the race

20 minutes ago, idh said:

i was on the back straight Najjer and Bradley was brought down i'm sure the ref didn't realise he was down as it took him until turn 1 & 2 before he stopped the race

Ref had abit of a howler last night!

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

Looks like Jason is playing safe with his average this year and keeping it on the sensible side of 8.

Christ we've only had 2 meetings! That's the sort of post I would come to expect from someone like Shovlar and not yourself! I'm certainly giving him the benefit of the doubt after a big crash in Poland only recently.

7 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Couldn't be there tonight but what was the crowd and track like? Was it any different with the work and a new curator? 

A very healthy crowd, I arrived just after 7 and they were already in the second car park. Track was good with passing on the inside and outside. Plenty of dirt on it!

5 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

newman trying to put it over the young guns ,only fires them up as allen showed ,he has to remember that an elephant never forgets and rarely forgives ! good comeback from rebels , will be hard to beat when they all get some track time

Think that sums it up pretty well. Newman had Allen off in the first heat before a good race between the two of them in heat 6. Newman seemed to take exception to getting beat and tried to have Allen off again after the race before Allen avoided that and dumped Newman on his ass instead. Karma you could say.

13 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Christ we've only had 2 meetings! That's the sort of post I would come to expect from someone like Shovlar and not yourself! I'm certainly giving him the benefit of the doubt after a big crash in Poland only recently.

It was a genuine comment, even if it does prove incorrect.

Jason tweeted last year that it looked like he might have ridden himself out of a job, and I said at the time that I wondered if he would keep himself below 8 this year, so I'm just interested to see if he does.

It's not a criticism. For example, why bust a gut in heat 15 if the match is already won and there's no longer anything to gain by winning by more than 6.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Think that sums it up pretty well. Newman had Allen off in how the first heat before a good race between the two of them in heat 6. Newman seemed to take exception to getting beat and tried to have Allen off again after the race before Allen avoided that and dumped Newman on his ass instead. Karma you could say.

yeh Newman tried it on Jake only for Jake to shown him how to do it properly 

59 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It was a genuine comment, even if it does prove incorrect.

Jason tweeted last year that it looked like he might have ridden himself out of a job, and I said at the time that I wondered if he would keep himself below 8 this year, so I'm just interested to see if he does.

It's not a criticism. For example, why bust a gut in heat 15 if the match is already won and there's no longer anything to gain by winning by more than 6.

You couldn't criticise him for his effort in heat 15 last night. He made another stinker of a start (the only decent start he made all night was heat 1) and came from a sizeable back to be all over Andersen and the Pole come the end. With them side by side there was no way through. 

It was nice to hear Mylo's "Motherf**ker's gonna drop the pressure" being played over the PA... I've always said that Speedway should market itself as an extreme sport and it's good to see Somerset reaching out to the kids :o